“Small noisy room”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Goussainville
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Small noisy room”
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

stayed here in August , on arrival after a 20 min walk from train station,we couldn't get into the hotel, as it was unmanned, we had to ring hotel for the staff to let us in and after a long walk to hotel and the heat 30 mins to wait was a little annoying. But when in the staff were very pleasant and on asking about breakfast they said if we wanted breakfast let them know the day before, and as we had just arrive we couldn't have it for the next day!!. The room was a triple room but more Like a double with sofa but very clean. A bit disappointed there was no tea or coffee facilities, on opening the window that's when we realised the hotel is right under airline flights route,which meant not much sleep for me when the window was open, and as it was very warm, the window was open a lot. There was a lovely shopping centre next to hotel but as hotel was on a sort of roundabout it was a game of chicken crossing the road. But over all we didn't stay in hotel in the day as Paris had to much to see, so we mainly slept there at night , in between flights of course.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank jackie d

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Albany, Australia
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We arrived to a fully locked hotel with the advice to call a mobile to be let in - useful if you have a mobile on arrival in France! Room booking was half done and therefore much confusion- no, we can't fit a family of 5 into one tiny room! And they are tiny; no coffee/ tea facilities either. The area is fully industrial and the Carrefour-though over the road- is poorly maintained and definitely shows no respect to the locals. But it is cheap; however it is Nowhere near the airport! €50 one way. Plus though we had plenty of communication with them prior to staying, (not that that helped with the booking!) once we left, we had no response to our emails to see if we had left a much cuddled child's teddy bear- nothing! It was clean.

Room Tip: I can't!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Goussainville hotels

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We chose this hotel when travelling around Europe as Paris was more expensive generally for accommodation and seemed to offer a lot less for the money. This hotel seemed an ok price for a lot more to offer than in the city centre. We arrived at the train station after travelling overnight for 15 hours, we only had to get 1 direct train from the city centre to our stop (approx.20mins) Trains are VERY frequent and a 3 day transport pass cost 32 euros-this was for all 5 zones and therefore you could use this to get to the airport as well. When we got off the train we were expecting a really bad area based on the previous reviews and felt quite cautious but realised quite quickly it wasn't all that bad. It was a business park area, and so was mostly all work places and we didn't see anyone hanging about or anything to make us feel worried. There were pavements to walk on, and the roads were fine. It was just under a 10minute walk to the hotel and was quite simple based on the directions. The hotel is surrounded by metal fencing and so even if you were unsure of the area, the hotel definitely felt safe. The lady on reception was lovely and helped us with any questions we had inc. info regarding the trains. Our room was much better than we had thought based on some reviews. We compared it to a Premier Inn kind of hotel-clean, comfy, and a generally nice room. The bathroom was perfectly clean, good shower and decent hairdryer. We both commented on how comfy the beds were the next morning. The room also has electric shutters so you can completely cover the window (again, good if you do feel unsure of the area, or just to keep the sunlight out in the morning) We also had a TV with some english channels. We found the price of this hotel to be really good for Paris standards. I am a 22 year old girl and did not feel unsafe in this area, the only reason i felt worried on arrival was based on the reviews i read on trip advisor. To be honest all of Paris has a lot of dodgy people and so I didn't feel less cautious of my belongings in the city centre than in Gaussainville. If i was to stay in Paris again I would go back to this hotel in order to get better value for money as the train was totally fine (every 8mins approx) -and ran till around midnight (approx every 20mins later at night) We didn't pay for breakfast as we were on a budget and it cost about 9euros (I think) and so we just bought breakfast when out sight seeing. This hotel is totally fine and good for people who want a decent/really good hotel on a budget.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Megan C
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Very clean with excellent and friendly service. Good value for the money. Small rooms – but most are in airport hotels. A decent dinner buffet for only 15 euros if you are hungry. We stayed here for one night when connecting between a plane from the south of France and our flight home to the USA the next morning.

Our only complaint was the price of the taxis, which you are required to use as there is no shuttle service. We were charged 20 euros to take a taxi from CDG to the hotel, but 40 euros to return to CDG. For the additional 60 euros, you may be better off staying at one of the more expensive hotels closer to the airport that offers free shuttle service. I also wouldn’t recommend a single women traveling alone to stay at this hotel as it is located in an iffy area, but has very tight security with metal fence and coded gates around the property. No place near-by to walk to except for a Carrefour shopping center across the street also surrounded by a metal fence and gates.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank winepair
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I arrived there on Sunday with my two daughters after taking a taxi as there was no shuttle bus on a Sunday. Taxi cost me 25 Euros, as when I booked the acomodation, nowhere did it say no shuttle service on Saturday and Sunday, if I had known I would have booked my flight for Monday. There was a man on the reception who was not very friendly and looked at my booking and gave me two keys, gave me directions towards the lift and told me where to go. As soon as I opened the room door, my daughters both had this horrible look on their face wondering why I had chosen this hotel. There was damp blotches in the bathroom ceiling, room smelt of damp and it was so cramped that there was hardly any room to walk, leave alone hang our clothes. We lived out of our suitcases for 4 days! After a quick change and freshen up we left to go to the centre, again we were told it was a 10 minute walk to the station and half hour to the Centre of Paris. The 10 minute walk was correct however the train ride was 40 minutes, we had to wait for 10 minutes at the station for a train, so all in all it took us an hour to reach the centre. They also forgot to tell me that we could not use metro as the station that serviced Goussanville is RER and only "D" came there. The cost for one day travel card was 14.35, that was steep. Arriving back late at night was a bit scary and shady as there were no street lights, nobody there either as it was in a middle of an industrial estate. Each night I told my daughters to walk fast and quietly so as not to attract any un-wanted attention. It was scary as we were three women on our own. Next morning I asked a lady at reception why there are no tea making facilities in the room, and her reply was you have booked a cheap room only, no other facilities with the room, but I can make you a cup now if you like. She just ended the conversation without any further glance towards me, how rude. Next morning I went to reception and asked for three cups of tea, he made it for me and charged me 9 eouros, so I paid 27 euros for three cups of tea each morning for three days. All in all this did put a dampener on the holiday, my advise is never to use this hotel. You may as well pay extra and stay near the centre, this will save you 42 euros for travel if you stay for three days. I will definetly go to Paris again but never again in any of the Comfort hotels.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kalpana P
London
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The first point is that this hotel is more convenient than most realise. It's on the 32 airport bus route from Roissy airport, a bus stop is two minutes walk away. Unfortuneately this route is only M-F and stops around 8 pm.

To get back to the airport you need to take the 32 bus from Goussainville station. (other solution is to go to the gare du nord and change there)

I was here for a week so I got a weekly passe navigo from the airport bus station. This cost 38 euros for a week. It takes about 30 mins to get to the Gare du Nord station. (max 10 minute walk to the station)

Goussainville isn't great for places to eat but there is a Chinese restaurant nearby, Also for lunch there is a restaurant adjoing the Carrefour supermarket. This was actually surprisingly good and you can have breakfast here to for a third of the price of the hotel.

The town itself is not wealthy by any means but not as dangerous as some others have made out.

I booked on hotels.com, with a voucher got the price of 230 pounds for five nights (no breakfast)

service in hotel very good staff very pleasant.

Room Tip: not facing the road
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed here on hotel points, the night before our return flight to the states. The location is in the airport vicinity. It was not hard to find with our GPS. One important point. The airport shuttle *must* be reserved in advance. We did not notice this on the website (though it is there). However, the manager did take the time to explain how to take the airport bus, which stop was right across the street, for less than 2 euros per person. That service did work quite well for us and was better than paying 50 euros for a taxi and was probably about as quick. It saved us an extra day's car rental. Train service to the city is within walking distance and not too expensive (the line goes to Gare du Nord), but *print a local map*. We got very lost returning from Paris--we got off at the right station but made a wrong turn. The room was clean and comnfortable. I had no problem with airplane noise, but I also always carry earplugs. The wakeup call was prompt. We did not eat at this restaurant, as we were off fairly early in the morning for our flight and ate at the airport after check-in. One must also remember that the reception is not a 24 hour one as in most US hotels. This location was up to Comfort Inn standards. We had no complaints other than the confusion about the airport shuttle.

Room Tip: Take earplugs! You *are* near a major airport.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kgilbert78
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goussainville
Saglam Hotel
Saglam Hotel
#1 of 9 in Goussainville
B&B Hotel PARIS Roissy CDG Aeroport
B&B Hotel PARIS Roissy CDG Aerop...
#23 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
Novotel Suites Paris Roissy CDG
#3 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nord 2
Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nor...
#19 of 30 in Roissy-en-France

Been to Comfort Hotel Goussainville? Share your experiences!