“Great service”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Mercedes
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mercedes
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I like staying here in la Quinta staff is nice the place is clean the price is reasonable
The location was great close to all my needs which were mostly business
It was close to restaurant shopping centers
My experience over all was great I do recommend it and personally will stay here again when traveling

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The room is clean and nice. The hotel is being remodeled. The front desk clerk was extremely rude to me. He did not acknowledge my present until I turned and started talking to my Mexican travelling mate. The he got off the phone, apologized to my travel mate not me. Since we were on a business trip I had my own reservation made by the same company, yet the front desk clerk questioned my reservation as if I did not have one. I have to ask for the third floor room but my travelling mate was offered the third floor and upgrade. Then the clerk told my travelling mate how he could earn points by updating his profile. I have the same membership but the front desk clerk did not tell me ANYTHING!! I am sick of staying at American hotels and bc I do not speak Spanish in border towns I treated like I donot belong here. I wish my company would use another hotel chain or LQ hire people who understand English is the language spoken in the United States!

Room Tip: Ask for third floor upgrade and/or room. Bring a Spanish speaking translator!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bst701
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed at La Quinta Inn in Mercedes, TX, when I went to my convention with Jehovah's Witnesses in La Feria. My stay was very, very nice. Everyone was friendly. The hotel was very clean and the accomodations were lovely. Jason was especially nice when I booked my appointment.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 388idak
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Our room was clean, the staff was courteous and helpful, and the breakfast was good too! The location was good for us because our errands were in Mercedes. Overall, the experience was great. The front desk recommend a great place to eat that we would never have found! Also, the place was quiet at night, which is important to us. We also thought the price was good. I would recommend this place to anyone that was shopping at the RGV outlet mall as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Tamaulipas
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Best option for shopping in Mercedes' outlets. You do need a car, but it is really near. Best beds an pillows. Breakfast is OK. Nice and friendly staff. Great value. Rewards are also great and easy to use.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I traveled to the Valley on Business. I picked this location since it was between the cities I was visiting. Friendly staff, Excellent breakfast bar with plenty of seating and hot food. The Interent seems faster then Most Hotels at 2.7 megs up and 1.8 Down. I know it is reverse it is usually faster going down then up. The only complaint I have is the LCD TVs are a little small compared to other Hotels, other then that I would stay here again. Since I have been here I haven't heard my neighbors or toilets flushing. Plenty of parking and friendly staff.
Clark,

Room Tip: If you want your room in the back away from the freeway. Book an odd number room versus an even numb...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stay in hotels alot with my business team we are out on the road 90% of the year and this is the first time I have stayed at a LaQuinta where everything (except the brkfst) was great, the cleanliness, the staff, the grounds, the clean smell (not Musty like most LaQuintas) I have to say it was a great stay the staff made us feel right at home and were friendly and cut up with ya and made you feel like family, most hotels are snobby. So Thank You La Quinta Mercedes, Texas for a great stay. I will be back.
And the brkfst thing, The muffins were great but a hot meal is awesomeness. Pastries and fruit get old.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mercedes
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weslaco
Palm Aire Hotel & Suites
9 mi away
Victoria Palms Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pharr - Rio Grande Valley
Best Western Town Center Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Harlingen

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Mercedes? Share your experiences!