“What hotel sells barbeque plates from a lobby????”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Mercedes
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mercedes
Weslaco, Texas
“What hotel sells barbeque plates from a lobby????”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I actually would have given this location a 5 rating because the staff was nice, but I was surprised that barbeque plates were being sold in the lobby. The ambiance to this location went straight down when these people were selling plates from morning until 5 pm. Why would they do that?

Room Tip: Make sure to ask if a community plate sale is going on = then stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Luis Potosi, Mexico
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Good location of this hotel for those who love to go shopping at Oulet Mall in Mercedes, TX. Breakfast good for a few days stay, if longer you`ll hate it ! Not so much restaurants around to have dinner. 20 minutes driving to McAllen

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank WILLY1521
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We arrived at night, and the night manager or supervisor at the front desk gave me a not professioal impression. He was not groomed and did not pay attention about my payment requirements for the room.
Pros: Breakfast is served from 6 to 9 although they keep serving until 10, breakfast area is really small and they have a ok variety, the hotel is located next to the Outlet Mall, Free parking
Cons: Far away from everything else, only a couple of restaurant options and pretty much the only decent hotel in that area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lorena M
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I like staying here in la Quinta staff is nice the place is clean the price is reasonable
The location was great close to all my needs which were mostly business
It was close to restaurant shopping centers
My experience over all was great I do recommend it and personally will stay here again when traveling

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The room is clean and nice. The hotel is being remodeled. The front desk clerk was extremely rude to me. He did not acknowledge my present until I turned and started talking to my Mexican travelling mate. The he got off the phone, apologized to my travel mate not me. Since we were on a business trip I had my own reservation made by the same company, yet the front desk clerk questioned my reservation as if I did not have one. I have to ask for the third floor room but my travelling mate was offered the third floor and upgrade. Then the clerk told my travelling mate how he could earn points by updating his profile. I have the same membership but the front desk clerk did not tell me ANYTHING!! I am sick of staying at American hotels and bc I do not speak Spanish in border towns I treated like I donot belong here. I wish my company would use another hotel chain or LQ hire people who understand English is the language spoken in the United States!

Room Tip: Ask for third floor upgrade and/or room. Bring a Spanish speaking translator!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank bst701
Alice, Texas
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed at La Quinta Inn in Mercedes, TX, when I went to my convention with Jehovah's Witnesses in La Feria. My stay was very, very nice. Everyone was friendly. The hotel was very clean and the accomodations were lovely. Jason was especially nice when I booked my appointment.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank 388idak
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Our room was clean, the staff was courteous and helpful, and the breakfast was good too! The location was good for us because our errands were in Mercedes. Overall, the experience was great. The front desk recommend a great place to eat that we would never have found! Also, the place was quiet at night, which is important to us. We also thought the price was good. I would recommend this place to anyone that was shopping at the RGV outlet mall as well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mercedes
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weslaco
Best Western Town Center Inn
Palm Aire Hotel & Suites
Victoria Palms Inn & Suites
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel McAllen
Texas Inn Weslaco
Texas Inn Weslaco
#8 of 10 in Weslaco

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Mercedes? Share your experiences!