We stayed a week in the Tilia apartment, but not through P&V. Instead we booked through Selectis who rents out privately owned apartment in Avoriaz. We had a 2 (3?) room apartment at the ground floor level which was OK. It was clean and the kitchen well equipped. The positive surprise was a Raclette Grill - and the thing we missed the most was a Micro. Strange, but everything in the apartment (beds, furniture, linen etc) was very much the 80:ies and perhaps Micros were not around then. The small oven nevertheless worked well for heating pizzas and lasagna. The main reason for choosing this particular aparment was the free wireless internet and that worked as expected and our two teenagers were happy to access facebook and I could do my necessary work using email etc in the evenings.
We arrived by car late at night, but we had been in touch with Selectis who left keys and instructions at the 24-hour info desk in the un-loading area so that was not a problem. The location in Avoriaz was a blessing them, only a couple of minutes walk from the un-loading area. Then the car sat unused in the huge outdoor car park for the week.
What we really liked with Avoriaz (compared to othe places like Zermatt and La Plagne) was that when you left the apartment you were already up in the ski system. No need to que up for a feeder Cabin or similar. Apart from a coulpe of days with too much wind/snow, we quickly got far away into Swtitzerland or France to enjoy new slopes more or less everytday. And the further away you got, the better lunch places you could find.
We were only four in our apartment (sleeping 6-7) and that was good. Two beds (bunk) were literally in the hallway and my kids preferred to sleep in the sitting room which they found more roomy (and also were the miniature TV was). The separate bedroom were my wife and I slept was just about big enough to squeeze in a 160 cm bed, but the bed itself was comfortable and served its purpose. The only really negative point was a ultra cold draft from the windows/balcony door, but as we were 3 people short we could stack up with a couple of extra blankets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fantastic doorstep skiing.Central lively location in the heart of "La Falaise". Panoramic views of the Morzine Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Residence Saskia Falaise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre And Vacances Residence La Falaise
- Pierre & Vacances Residence La Falaise Hotel Morzine-Avoriaz