“lovely chalet and excellent hosts”
Review of Chalet Bon Vie

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Macot-la-Plagne
Chalet Bon Vie
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My partner and I stayed in Chalet Bon-Vie run by Ice & Fire for a week in February. A very nice clean chalet, good towels and toiletries. We had room 2 on the ground floor, perfectly fine for a weeks skiing. Good bathroom with bath and shower over, always loads of hot water when you needed it. Drew's cooking was excellent as was Holly's delicious cakes. The perfect hosts who made everyone welcome. The chalet has a comfortable lounge with TV and a lovely log burner which made it very homely. You can ski from the door, behind the chalet directly onto a blue run.
The area of La Plagne is excellent for intermediates and has a good snow record. A very good lift system, most are chairs or gondolas and it's easy to find your way around the huge area, which is linked to Les Arc by cable car. We found several nice places for lunch, Matafan in Belle Plagne was great as was the restaurant by the lift in La Roche. Saturdays are very quiet and we had some runs all to ourselves. Marvelous!! We would certainly go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank presidentuk

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Got back from a week in La Plagne today and I can't say enough good words about Chalet Bon Vie.

The chalet is in an ideal location, is bright and clean and compared to the typical French apartments and hotels I have stayed in the past spacious, even the smaller bedrooms (of which I was in the smallest). The layout of the communal second floor (lounge, kitchen and dining areas) allows for interaction between all guests and hosts no matter where they are on the second floor.
The chalet is located just off a blue run to one of the main lifts, with the snow having being skied often enough to easily ski onto it. Just my luck though, the lift company/pisters decided to actually piste it for our final day, so we could literally ski in and out to within a few steps of the front door.

The hosts themselves are fantastic. Drew and Holly are very friendly and very helpful, doing all they could to assist with any questions or queries we had. On top of that, Drew is an excellent cook. Having been a chef for thirteen years, the meals he served us were of restaurant quality despite having chalet facilities to use. Personally I ate and enjoyed dishes I would never have ordered in a restaurant. Except for Camembert cheese. Even Drew acknowledges that is foul! The unlimited beer, wine and soft drinks that comes with the chalet went down a treat too, as did Holly's cocktails.

We were so impressed by Drew and Holly that we invited them to ski with us and they were gracious to accept, joining us for lunch and an afternoon ski having done their work in the chalet in the morning.

My only slight niggles were that the single beds were narrow and took a second night of sleep to get used to them, and the shower gels ran out quickly.

A real pleasure to stay at Bon Vie and should I return to La Plagne in the future this will be the first place I look at when deciding where to stay.

Room Tip: Check all the rooms before your room mate shotguns the smallest room in the chalet!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Simon B
Reviewed 14 February 2012

My fiancee and I stayed in this chalet for a week in Feb 12. What a week ! The slopes were amazing, the runs groomed to perfection and the placement of this chalet couldn't have been more perfect if it'd have tried. As previously said by another commenter, you can ski right out onto a lovely blue run and Monicas bar just across is great and very easily walkable - no more than 100 metres away.
As for the chalet... okay the stairs inside are a bit tight when carrying luggage and theres not a massive amount of storage in the rooms when you get into the one your staying in (at least in our case) HOWEVER this is more than made up for with the state of the rooms. Clean, fresh linen, towels and bath robes and as much hot water as you can stand in the modern shower and sink. Light, well lit and airy with a nice heater that keeps you warm.
Drew and Holly are young, exciting and knowledgeable about what they do - and it shows. The food was great (even if he did threaten me with sprouts !!) and plentiful. Theres always plenty of beer and wine and nothing is too much trouble for them.They go out of thier way to make you feel welcome and comfortable as did Andy, the (part ?) owner and transfer guy.
The views from the balcony are stunning of the mountain and access to the lower village is by either bus or the Telebus which is situated no more than 50mtrs away.
All in all a fantastic experience and one my fiancee and I would happily do again.

Room Tip: We asked for the double bed room on the top floor.. very nice !
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LisaMikeUk
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Excellent location - maybe 50m from the slopes. Clean, cosy and comfortable, excellent food - the chalet staff were great, and good fun. Thanks Serge and Nick. Can't guarantee you'll have as much fun as I did, but if you don't it won't be because of the chalet. Cocktails and canapes every evening were a great touch.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Martin Z
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My friend and I stayed in chalet Bon Vie in La plagne for 1 week in Jan.

The chalet is in a great location in Plagne Village, with direct access out onto a blue run and a chair lift which takes you into the heart of La Plagne. It is also very close to the Telebus lift which takes you straight into Plagne Centre.

The rooms were clean and comfortable and the food was amazing. Breakfast was cereals, baguettes, croissants etc, and a 'hot option' (eggs on toast, porridge etc) which varied each day (not the usual greasy fry-up)! Tea/coffee and cake were available in the afternoon and a 6 course evening meal (cocktails, canapés, starter, main, dessert, cheeseboard and coffee)!!

The chalet owners were there to greet up when we arrived (they also offer a transfer service) and even came out to dinner with us (the whole chalet) on the chalet chef's night off, which was really nice. Ski hire was all organised and our lift passes were waiting for us when we arrived. They also booked lessons for us and were always on hand to answer any questions or help out.

I highly recommend this chalet if good location for skiing, food and fun are high on your agenda. We had the best skiing holiday ever! Their website is www.ice-fire.co.uk

Thanks to Heather, Andy & Serg...

Zoe & Shirley

Room Tip: The double room upstairs was really nice.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends