“Oxygene” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oxygene Ski School La Plagne

Oxygene Ski School La Plagne
More attraction details
Owner description: Oxygène is a family-run company, with over 20 years' experience of providing the best in winter sports in many resorts. With over 80 instructors, we're big enough to offer adults' and children's group lessons at every level, every week, and small enough to care for every one of our customers. Specialized in several activites as snowboarding, adaptive skiing, paragliding, off-pist skiing, and even telemark skiing!
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Oxygene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

Just returned from La Plagne, my three children, 18, 16 & 12 had morning lessons with Oxygenne, Jen, their instructed was fabulous, all three progressed well and left with far more ability and confidence than when they first started.
Well worth taking lessons with them, it's the best way to improve your skills,

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Warren F

Guernsey, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Excellent ski school”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

Oxygene is a very good ski school with a wide range of ski groups. The teacher/child ratio was good, and all instructors spoke excellent English, which really put the children at ease. I would definitely use them again, and they would even be a deciding factor in going back to La Plagne. Our only minor problem was the the amount of time it took to provide us with equipment. Online booking easy.

1 Thank Andreaguernsey
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent teaching”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

I recently had a week of beginner/intermediate group snowboarding lessons with Oxygene, I had boarded once before but a long time ago. My instructor was a guy called Fred who was excellent, he explained the techniques really well (his English was perfect) emphasizing them with exercises for us, he was patient and made it fun with going to different areas of La Plagne, doing little bits of off piste and introducing jumps. I was particularly lucky in that there were only 2-4 in our group on any morning so there wasn't any waiting around. I felt that I made a lot of progress through the week and really enjoyed myself.

The lessons were very reasonable, we had a deal for 6 mornings for the price of 5, I think it was about £140 (but can't quite remember). Oxygene would also pick us up from our chalet in the morning for free (until we were brave enough to ski there!), though they weren't always on time we did get to our lessons on time.
All in all I'd highly recommend them!

London
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Great ski school for children”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

Our children (7 and 5) have been for the last 2 years and both have progressed well and enjoyed themselves. Good feedback from instructors on their progress. Very happy with the service.

Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Off Piste Lesson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Had an excellent off piste lesson with Oxygene ski school. It was expensive as it was a private lesson for 3 hours (the minimum it is worth doing for off piste), but at €150 would be reasonable for 2 people with similar experience. Anyway that is a more or less standard price.

I had Giulio ("The little Italian" as he is know) as my instructor, and he was excellent. The lesson started with him seeing how capable I was - I obviously did enough to reassure him. We then did 3 different descents, each one being mostly through trees. This was because the weather was cloudy, and so the higher routes would not have been good.
I learned a lot, and it set me up for my off piste experience with the Reflex ski school the next morning (€60 for 4 hours for a group of up to 6. I was lucky to have just one other person + instructor's wife and school owner with me - it was excellent)