Club Med Aime la Plagne
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Club Med La Plagne 2100(Macot-la-Plagne)
  • Restaurant
Chalet Hotel Christina(Macot-la-Plagne)
  • Breakfast included
Residences de la Plagne(Macot-la-Plagne)
  • Fitness centre
Hotel Le Cocoon(Macot-la-Plagne)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Le Vancouver - LVH Vacances(Macot-la-Plagne)
View Hotel
All reviewsski lessonsla plagneski roomchef du villageparty atmospheretable reservedski holidayrooms are smallgreat holidayski groupall inclusive packageevening entertainmenttravel arrangementsentertainment teameasy reachski levelsoff piste
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We really enjoyed our week with Club Med at their Aime la Plagne. We felt very well looked after by all the staff, especially my 2 year old daughter (after the initial shock of being left while we skied)
It was my first week back skiing after giving birth and I was a bit apprehensive about leaving Grace, but when we returned for lunch on the first day it was clear she was having as much fun as we were. I’d recommend Club Med for families with young children.
Our bedroom was a huge size, we had a spare bed for our daughter and there was still plenty of room. I believe the room was designed for a disabled person, but it gave us more space than we got in chalets.
We had been told the food was a big part of a club med holiday and we found the choices very good, in fact may be too big.
In the evenings the Club Med staff (called Go’s) arranged entertainment, which most people seemed to enjoy.
We found the booking process a little painful, Club Med need to get a few extra staff in the London office, we eventually booked through an ABTA agent called skiline.co.uk, their staff know the Club Med hotels very well and without their help we don’t think we would have got the room that was allocated to us. I think they also got us a discount.
Finally we had a bit of a delay on the coach home, no bodies fault but it would have been nice to know if we might have missed our flights, in the end we got there just in time. I would definitely book another Club Med ski holiday, we found it great value for money and think next winter we might try one of the 4* hotels.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Becks1206
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed at Club Med 2100 last year. I stayed at Aime this year and next year I will return to Aime. I read one or two poor reviews, about Club Med Aime, before the holiday. I don't agree with them. The bar area has more ambience than 2100, which can seem a bit like a hotel lobby. The food, at Aime, was just as good and varied, as at 2100. Ski out is very slightly slower as, if you are heading up the mountain, you have to use the short but slow Golf chair.

My room was a bit tight walking passed the end of the bed. However, I was a single in a twin room, so no space problems.

The staff were very good and The Chef Village, Bruno, pops up everywhere, to ensure good service. All of them were friendly and very helpful.

I enjoyed the music and entertainment, even though most of it was presented in French. No surprise, as I was in France.

Two small minuses. The shower temperature variation, which has been commented on by many others. Also, a great variety of teas, but no English Breakfast Tea. Take your own, if like me you enjoy a cuppa in the morning.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Graham R
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This was my first time at a Ski Club Med and I must say I won't ever try something else.

The ski_in/ski_out option was very delightful and saved the pesky time for traveling in the town to reach the ski area.

The club itself was ok. the food was plenty however not always at the highest level. The rooms were also mediocre - me and my friend got a double room the size of a single room ( two other friends got a room a piece) so make sure what kind of room you are getting.

Regarding the staff - Everyone was very kind and I wan't to especially mention Chloee Jaqoues and Michael kallner who were at the reception and helped whenever they could to make the trip unforgettable.

And the ski(snowboarding) itself - Amazing view, great pistes and offpistes. Recommended to beginner and mid level skiers.

I'm sure I'll come back again!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at Club Med Aime La Plagne. Great ski in and out location near the Roches chair lift and easy access to the whole resort. We were a party of 26 boys ( 22-63 years old) and had a great week. Most of us went in the ESF group sessions as we have a mix of boarders and skiers of varying abilities. Everyone rated the groups highly and especially the boarders who went off piste all the time with their guide and did some awesome powder bowls and forest rides such as the iconic Bellecote North Face. As for the hotel we all had sole occupancy rooms and thought they varied in size they are clean comfortable and functional enough for the week. The showers need to be sorted out as they ran scalding to cold in the same session. The food was the usual varied buffet that all Club Medders would recognise and of course great for the easiness in a tiring skiing week. The staff were all very helpful at all levels. The one continued criticism of every Club Med in the 21st century is this ridiculous policy of charging 20 euros for internet access that continually drops out and is weak in many areas. When my Premier Inn at home and McDonalds do it for free then a £1000 a week hotel needs to be more customer friendly.

1  Thank AndrewCambridgeUK
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The skiing and the instructors were great. There are slopes for all levels nearby with a complex system of lifts to get you to the slope you need. The hotel however is a bit of a mess, dated decor, awful amateurish Christmas decorations when we were there, but worst of all it is planned in such a way that there is no place where you can have a quiet drink, or spend an evening way from the throng. There are no adults only rooms, nor any spaces out of earshot of the 'entertainment'. There was a very large group of badly behaved children when we were there and they spoilt our experience of the public rooms and meal times. Unfortunately the architectural planning seemed designed for only one kind of experience; the noisy family holiday with small children. Fine if that is what you want but it was not what we needed so we were all a bit relieved to leave, despite the pleasures of skiing. The chefs tried hard to vary the buffet food, so well done to them but surely it can't be that difficult to make sure that the glasses are clean when put out! They were often filthy. Very off putting.
Finally the group that booked most of the hotel partied to very late at night, taking advantage of the booze included in the price. The result was disturbed sleep for the rest of the guest with no action by managers to moderate the behaviour of the vodka louts. Between that and the inexplicable square pillows, sleeping was a challenge. Take pills.

Room Tip: get a deluxe room
1  Thank auroramarquard