“Wellness hotel with wineyard view”

Becksteiner Rebenhof
Muggensturm
“Wellness hotel with wineyard view”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We booked a two night package offer with a body massage. The wellness area is new renovated and espacially the Sauna area is spacious. With a new garden, perfect to relax after the massage or Sauna. The indoor pool is quite big. Only disadvantage is you have to go through the restaurant or walk over the terrrace of the restaurant to the wellness area.
The view from the balcony of our room was great. The rooms are appartements, a bit old fashioned because in former time it was not a hotel, but a holiday flat.
The service was great and we have been lucky to stay during the Spanish night there. Sitting on a mediterranean style terrace of the restaurant and listening to the live music was unexpected romantic. The locals use the Restaurant for wedding and events. They use local and home made food, some organic food in the kitchen. The breakfast was rich with a big choice.
The price is a bit high, but with a package offer OK.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We happened upon this hotel by accident. It is in the middle of countryside surrounded by vineyards. Rooms are apartments. Great space with kitchen facilities. Food was enjoyable. They have an indoor pool and sauna. I did not use so can't comment. Overall a nice place to stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here while touring romantic road. The location is beautiful and we enjoyed the view of the vineyard while having a beer. The rooms are spacious and clean. The food was good without being great. The pool and Spa was great. The staff were attentive and friendly. Overall I would recommend !

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I visited this hotel several times on business trips. Nice location, calm and beautiful.
Really comfortable apartements with kitchen which is very useful on longer stays.
Really good spa services.
Breakfast is various and fine.
It is expensive a bit...

Room Tip: The room next to the restaurant can be noisy and there was no kitchen in that room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Gábor B
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My partner and I recently booked the "Zeit fuer Zwei" arrangement at the Becksteiner Rebenhof. The email contact ahead of time was great, so we were very excited. On arrival (Friday afternoon) we were told (not asked) that the two spa treatments each were scheduled for two hours later. I was surprised as noone mentioned this in the several emails traded between myself and the hotel. On enquiry I was told that "No, the appointments cannot be scheduled for another time or day." I asked if maybe one of the two could be scheduled and was told that they always have to be taken together (two treatments on the description of the arrangement sounds like one could have them separately, but that is not the case - it is 20min and 30min right after each other). I was not impressed - especially since the young lady behind the counter was not exactly friendly or accommodating. So I asked for the manager and Mrs Bauer arrived. She managed to find a solution - and we were rescheduled for Sunday afternoon (which, as she told me later, was a big compromise on their part as usually using the SPA or checking out after 11am means another 15 EUR pp.).

So fine, we went to our room - the so-called "Kuschelzimmer" (cuddle room, according to the arrangement description). Now I dont know what kind of cuddeling this hotel had in mind, but a rockhard couch without a single pillow, bare light bulbs on the ceiling, one worn-out, tiny, thin fleece blanket and cold, carpetless floors certainly do not make a "cuddle room" in my mind. The bathroom (tiny shower) and bedroom (one bedside lamp) did not make up for this either. (I was later told by Mrs Bauer that this room style is mediterranean - well, even in the Mediterranean, in winter a couple of warm blankets, pillows and maybe more than half a candle make a room more cozy.) Oh and I did ask why they called it a Kuschelzimmer - it is because it is a bigger room with kitchen facilities. (Another total oversold point was the "Something sweet for the heart and the soul" on the arrangement description - this turned out to be a hand full of standard sweeties on a bare plate.)

The shocker came though when I switched on the bathroom lights - the bath towel had a huge lipstick (?) mark on it, looking right at me! I took a deep breath, went downstairs, returned it to the friendly restaurant staff lady (who was the only one to apologize!) and got a new (clean) one.

So fine, at this point we were a bit disappointed, but we figured, the SPA might make up for it (it doesnt). So we took the bathrobes out of the bags - only for me to find two marks (no idea this time what they were - a nice, brown color) right on the front! I admit, I was fed up. So I went downstairs and asked for the manager. I explained that this is not the start into a relaxing weekend I imagined and told her that this is the second unclean item in our room, so I was not sure anymore how clean this room is. So Mr Bauer comes into the conversation- "That can happen.", "All the other guests are very happy. We only have a problem with you.", "It is human error", "It might have been the new apprentice - we cant check on their work all the time." and (when I suggested they check the bathrobes) that they cannot possibly be expected to open up the bathrobes after they come from the cleaners - "that would be way too much effort". Not a SINGLE apology, no "I will sort this out. Can I offer you a drink on the house?", NOTHING except for excuses. Wow. Shocking.

His wife saved him a bit by offering a solution to us not wanting an unclean room - we could downgrade to a double room right above the reception. Another first in hotel service - being offered a downgrade as an apology!

So here is the bottom line: If you want a nice dinner and friendly, even if hurried service (30 sec between fish and meat course - "no sorry, the next course cannot wait, the kitchen is very busy") - go for it. If you are happy with a "Mediterranean style" (I would call it cold) room - go for it. But please make sure you don't find a reason to complain, because you really don't want to have to listen to all the reasons the owners have to offer why they did not possible do anything wrong or could possibly improve on something.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GuteReiseBunterHahn
Sydney
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We stayed in Becksteiner Rebenhof for 2 nights as we were pretty tired of driving on the autobahn (coming from sydney its a bit crazy for us). The room was spacious and the balcony has a great view of the vineyards. We had diner at the restaurant and the food was beautiful. Only disappointment was the pool and spa area were being renovated when we were there!

We went wine tasting in the area and being Australian we were a little surprised when in our first (and only) winery we were told we could taste wine if we brought it!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Half Moon Bay, California
Reviewed 10 July 2009

A lovely property in the wine country. If you get a room that faces the vinyard, you will have beautiful views. The rooms are spacious. The decor is comfortable, but not elegant. We had our 3 children with us (14, 5 and 2 years) and felt there was enough room. The bath was small but had a nice shower with great water pressure. The pool was more than we expected. It had a waterfall button, a stone fascade and a separate whirlpool up a short staircase. The restaurant at the hotel is 5 star! The breakfasts were good-with fresh fruit, vegetables, and meats. Also available were hot eggs and cereals. The dinner we had there was delicious! The wine selection was also great. The owners had a teenage daughter available to stay with the children while we had a private dinner. She was great with the kids. Plenty to see and do in the area. Beautiful drives in stunning little towns. A GREAT place!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lauda-Koenigshofen
No photo provided
Hotel Ratskeller Bachmann
#2 of 2 in Lauda-Koenigshofen
Best Western Premier Parkhotel Bad Mergentheim
Best Western Premier Parkhotel B...
#2 of 14 in Bad Mergentheim
Landhotel Edelfinger Hof
Landhotel Edelfinger Hof
#9 of 14 in Bad Mergentheim
Belle Maison - Das kleine Hotel

Been to Becksteiner Rebenhof? Share your experiences!