“Fantastic for family vacation”
Review of Gasthof Adler

Gasthof Adler
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tennenbronn
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I with our 2 kids stayed at Gashof Adler during our trip to the Black Forest last week. It was a pleasure- the family room was more than we could ask for- spacious, spotless and very comfortable. Our kids loved the huge bathtub, the view was spectacular, dinner was delicious- excellent traditional german cooking with the freshest ingredients. Christine was charming and helpful. We had a wonderful time. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Keren E

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a very pleasurable week exploring the Black Forest. We could not have asked for a better base than Gasthof Adler. The owner, Christine, and her colleagues made us feel right at home from the get-go. The rooms are spacious, clean, and very relaxing; the restaurant is fabulous, we ate here every night the restaurant was open (it's closed on Mondays) and could not have asked for better food. (I would thoroughly recommend the pfifferlingen). Everything is sourced as locally as possible, everything is organic, and the wines compliment and complement the dishes exceptionally well. (We even had a bottle of red that is made by a homeopath) I've already recommended this place to a dozen colleagues and friends: the only reason I haven't recommended it to any more is that I simply haven't had time yet.

Room Tip: Just remember to close your windows at night - unless you're like us and up early enough to enjo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy C
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Excellent restaurant that serves wonderful food. Staff are friendly and helpful, recommended! One of the waitresses spoke excellent English and provided us with English menus after realising we didn't speak German. Beer was well priced and tasty as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Staff is very friendly, food is very good, rooms are very clean and that's about it. Our room was impossibly small for three. In order to open the door to the balcony we had to move a bed and a suitcase.
There is though one very annoing thing preventing me from rating it excellent. Found a bottle of water in the room and drank it, everywhere in Germany you get complimentary water in the room. Next morning on check-out I was asked by a lady ”did you drink the water in your room?”. I thought, OMG, was it poisoned or what, why is she asking me this??? I soon found the answer: the water was billed an extra 2, 40 EUR. For me, that is a big NO-NO. For God's sake, if you want to earn more, just put an extra 5 EUR on the room price and spare me this water accounting embarrasing thing. So never again for me.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank TravelMok
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Stayed for two nights and echo everything said by others; excellent rustic setting, wonderful hosts and supporting staff, excellent food. Only limitation was that the wifi on the third floor where we had the far corner room did not work in the room

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the stairs if you want wifi, as the wifi works there. The modem is placed...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lsaldanha
Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

Can't rate this place highly enough- classic German building, great rooms, great food, great hosts!
Staff are super friendly, and nothing is too much trouble.
The restraunt is lively and popular with the locals (always a good sign) and they serve some amazing food - especially the roast Venison!

The rooms are spacious, and the beds are super comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Mitchamus74
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This family run hotel reminds me of how life used to be. The room was a real supprise,a large bedroom and a huge bathroom. The staff are friendly and speak very good english. WiFi is free and fast and is unrestricted.
The resturant presented meals that were well cooked. Their wine list was a plesent supprise with its range and pricing.
Would definetly stay again

Room Tip: I dont think it matters, but room 9 has the grand bath
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Grumpy_Old_Traveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tennenbronn
Schwarzwaldgasthaus Linde
Hotel Restaurant Sieben Linden
Adler
Adler
#4 of 7 in Triberg

Been to Gasthof Adler? Share your experiences!