“This was a bad hotel experience”

Mercure Hotel Stuttgart Boeblingen
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Boblingen
A TripAdvisor Member
“This was a bad hotel experience”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Thanks for asking. it gives you a chance to fix the problems. From my a club number you will see I stay at accor hotels frequently. Mostly just IBIS. Pretty much every IBIS I stay in is just fine for the money I am paying.

I tried the Mercure the other day because it was close to where I needed to be. Sad to say it was not a good experience but that gives you a chance to fix it.

The issues were these.
1. The bar is not a 24 hour bar. The bars in Ibis in germany are all 24 hour bars. I was surprised Mercure closed its bar.

2. The pillows are those really soft ones. I got an extra pillow but it didnt help. I need to have my head propped up at an angle otherwise I get bad headaches. I woke up in the middle of the night with a migrane from the soft pillows. I know other people love soft pillows but for me I really need harder pillows. These are standard at IBIS so you should know where to get them.

3. The air con did not work. I was in room 330. I had to open the windows to let in fresh air and of course it was then cold as well.

I would like to stay there again as it is right where I want to be. So I would really like the second two items fixed. I am sure others would as well. As far as the bar goes? In germany its normal for hotels to have open bars 24 hours next to reception. I was a bit surprised it was closed.

I would not recommend the hotel to a friend until the air con works reliably. No air con means the rooms get very stuffy.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Granite Bay, California
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed here during a business trip was actually a workshop in the hotel. I never actually left the hotel tduring he four days because of my full schedule. Fortunately, my room was quite, clean, and had everything I needed. Also, the food in the dining room was surprisingly exceptionally fabulous! The only drawback was the totally inadequate fitness center (no treadmill, outdated equipment, no tv or music to say the least) , and the internet access was very slow in the evening when all the guests tried to access it at the same time. The staff was consistently friendly and very helpful, so I had a great time. I couldn't get the room temperature cool enough unless I opened the window.

Room Tip: My room was on floor two and overlooked the courtyard. It was quiet, even with the window open.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Papendrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I arrive at Mercure and parked my car at the right hand parking lot.
Wile walking with my wheeled suitcase behind me, I was passing some cars trying to leave the parking lot. While I passed, what I later discovered to be the barrier, al cars did pass me.
Suddenly I did feel a big bang on my head. The barrier came down.
So hotel, please make a seperate path for the pedestrians. Just a white line on the ground is not always visable.

The staff was very friendly and asked if they needed to call a doctor.
Also in the breakfast room the staff was friendly.
The room itself was nice and quiet.
The internet access was not very fast, but it worked.

Because of the freezing wheater I did not went into the gardens,
But it had a pool, a big chess board and a tabletennis !

This is a hotel I can advise you to go to, but be aware of the barrier.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank pa3ddg
Denmark
Reviewed 4 November 2011

It's located close to the motorway which is good when You want to get there, but it's rather inconvenient for Stuttgart. Also, there aren't any restaurants in the vicinity. But apart from that the hotel is fine with friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2011
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I stayed here for a week in July, and found that the staff were extremely helpful, in providing what I asked for and providing very good recommendations for restaurants. The room was very clean and tidy and the bed extremely comfortable. The only issue, I had was with the location. You are stuck in the middle of an industrial estate, with only a supermarket for comfort. This is okay if you have your own transport but it can be difficult and expensive if you want to get around town.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2011

This is a nice hotel with a mixture of business and personal travelers. The staff is very nice and accommodating. Compliments to the chef who makes the BEST spaetzle with cheese and caramelized onions (I would LOVE that recipe!)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boblingen
Hotel Boehler
#3 of 17 in Boblingen
Mercure Hotel Stuttgart Sindelfingen an der Messe
Businesshotel Boeblingen-Sindelfingen
Nordic Hotel Stuttgart-Sindelfingen

Been to Mercure Hotel Stuttgart Boeblingen? Share your experiences!