“Can I go back NOW please?”
Review of Therme Boblingen

Therme Boblingen
Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Boblingen
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I have gone here numerous times during our stay in Germany. Our first visit was on a Thanksgiving, when it was slowly snowing outside. We went to the outdoor pools and found that our bodies were warm in the water even though we could feel the snowflakes falling on our faces. It was magical. There are a bunch of different pools at various temperatures, and they all have jets that go on and off at timed intervals so that no one stays in the same place forever hogging a spot. There are a few jets outside that are so powerful that I literally fixed a shoulder problem I was having by using them. I find the room with the noodles particularly relaxing because you can just float there peacefully for several minutes. There really just is not anything that I know of that is like this in the States; three hours of total relaxation for a very affordable price.

Using the chip on your wrist, you can purchase food while you are inside, thus eliminating the need to carry cash with you, which is very helpful. There is also a spa, so you can schedule massages and other treatments in addition to the mineraltherme pool experience. I never used this service since the prices were a bit steep for me, but they are somewhat competitive for the area.

Another reviewer wrote that there is a separate charge for the steam rooms and saunas and so therefore you will not accidentally walk in on the nude areas. I have to correct that reviewer; my experience was that this was not the case. If you wish to avoid being in the swimsuit free area, you just need to stay upstairs. If you are feeling adventurous and would like to try the swimsuit-free area, I would recommend trying it in a different town if you are affiliated with one of the local military bases; there is a very high likelihood of running into someone you know here and well, that is just too much awkward for me.

The only downside for me was that small children (under 5 years old) are not allowed in the Mineraltherme. So it made it quite a bit harder to go after having our baby since we needed a baby sitter. It is too bad, but I understand because the atmosphere inside is peaceful and calm.

2  Thank HaveBabyWillTravel97
"germany"
"stuttgart"
"euro"

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Pools, steam rooms, saunas. All in good condition and well maintained. Good value for money but can be crowded during weekends and holiday times.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

As newlyweds, we lived in Stuttgart for about 18 months (business transfer). A local friend introduced us to the mineral baths and it became our Sunday morning ritual. We go EVERY TIME we return. Over the years it has improved (with more Saunas, steam rooms and the like); it has 2 very good cafes / restaurants - very reasonably priced but EXCELLENT quality. A standard adult ticket with a duration of 3 1/2 hours, is 10.50 Euros - so great value for money. One note of caution for tourist / visitors. 1. It is in no way a swimming pool aimed at children. It really is a 'health' / spa and mainly (during the day at least) used by adults. 2. The indoor and outdoor pools are 'clothed' (i.e. bathing suits), but the downstairs, completely separate, sauna and steam area are clothes-free zones with no separation (except for shower / toilets) of men and women. If it is an area any visitor does not wish to use, it really is 100% avoidable, but if the facility is your kind of thing, it is one of the best facilities I've ever experienced. No visit to the area for us would be complete without our 3 1/2 hours of heaven.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Wonderful place with mineral baths, restaurant, and class sauna with a sauna garden. Love the wrist bands so you can do different things (restaurant or snacks) without carrying money and then pay when you leave. Good value.