“Good value for money, nice location near the circuit”

ACHAT Premium Walldorf/Reilingen
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Reilingen
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in August for the Nitrolympx at Hockenheim. Found the hotel to be pleasant and the staff very helpful. It was a very nice touch to see drinks in the mini bar included in the price.

Food was very nice indeed and the garden was a nice place to relax. As mentioned it was used as a base for a race weekend so we didn't spend too much time here, but I would certainly use it in that respect again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 July 2012

I booked the room through hotels.com as a 4 star hotel. They advertised it as having 118 rooms with airconditioning. The two rooms we got did not have AC and they claimed only a few premium rooms had AC. The hotel was booked for the F1 weekends and they did not do anything about it to accommodate us or change rooms. We were stuck here. Would not recommend this hotel or stay here again.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Initially I wanted to give the hotel only 1 star, but there were some positive points which made me give them 2, even though 1.5 would be nearer to the truth.

Facts.
1. I booked through www.hotel.de. I always want to have airco, certainly in June and they claim: " Keep in touch with the Internet access and stay cool with the air-conditioning provided in all the hotel rooms" (Copy and paste from their own info on the hotel.de website) so I thought: "that should be OK, then".

Not....

Airco was limited to "Superior" rooms, but that was nowhere mentioned on the hotel.de site...

When I asked for airco I was told the hotel was fully booked for the night, but they could get me a fan and they offered me 2 free drinks in the restaurant and/or bar.

2. Free internet.... Yeah, who would dare to charge for such a connection!???
I'm getting effectively 128 Kb/s... Yes, you read it correctly: 128 Kilobit per second....
I know that the Deutsche Telekom used this (lack of) speed as the threshold for "fast internet" until 2010, but hey, let's get real, even starting up the TripAdvisor homepage to write this review took almost a full minute (or would that be the reason why... :-)). This should be forbidden.

3. Then the restaurant. The menu is limited, but the choices are decent and the food is above average for a place like this. Erm, after I got my steak redone, that is. (I ordered rare and got well done the first time)
They have some excellent wines on the wine list. (Do try the red German wines, they're excellent)

What really upset me, was that the staff ignored me after I finished my main course for about 30 minutes even though I looked them straight in the face when they walked by. Oh, and there were 4 occupied tables at that time, so they couldn't be overworked, could they?
So much for hospitality....

So, over all, what's the verdict?

The location is good: close to the motorway and still quiet.
The room is OK, next time take the Superior.
Room prices are reasonable, although I wasn't here when there was a big racing event.
The restaurant charges above average for a place like this, probably because they're close to the Hockenheim Ring.
The staff is too young (or maybe I should say, lacks senior management).
Room and bathroom are clean.

I didn't feel I got what I ordered and had I known beforehand I would have gone elsewhere as there are many places in this area which provide much better service at a similar price.

Will I go back? I don't think so.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2012

nice and very clean room, friendly staff, convenient location - not far from 2 major highways.
very basic breakfast, no selection at all in most of the cases, in a rush-hours something is always missing and it takes 10-15 minutes till it's refilled.
At evening we waited for almost an hour for a dinner at their restaurant.
there was no bathrobe in the room, although it's mentioned in room description at the reservation. the room is not sound proof - you can hear guests in the hallway, up the stairs, etc.

Room Tip: as far as possible from the elevator
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank skifenok
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Formerly the Walkershof, this hotel in Reilingen, is comfortable and the service provided by the very accommodating staff is excellent.

Rooms are very basic but adequate. Free WiFi is great but speed can be a challenge if you are use to fast broadband from where you come from.

They do have an excellent selection for Continental Breakfast. The bar also serves some decent food and is acceptable.

Located in Reilingen,, just off the A5 near Walldorf, you really need a car if you want to go anywhere.

The historic university town of Heidelberg and a 25 mins drive and well worth a visit.

Overall, an excellent hotel and great value for money.

Please note, taxis in germany is very expensive.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Colin L
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Stayed here on business this trip. Used to be the walkershof and changed owbership. Nothing really different under new ownership. It is clean but very basic. The restaraunt was REALLY slow in getting food to the table. Not a great experience, more middle of the road

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 7 November 2010

I have stayed several times at the Hotel Walkershof over the years and can say with each stay I am pleased with the level of service I receive. The staff is great and the rooms are always clean and welcoming.

My only complaint is that I deal with the occasional large bug that gets into your room (no fault to the hotel staff) - just a consequence of the neighboring woods and my desire to keep one window propped open in the warm summer months.

One last note - the restaurant serves a very nice continental breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank kodiaktraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reilingen
Leonardo Hotel Heidelberg-Walldorf
Astralis Hotel Domizil
Astralis Hotel Domizil
#5 of 16 in Walldorf
Best Western Plus Palatin Kongress Hotel

Been to ACHAT Premium Walldorf/Reilingen? Share your experiences!