“Well situated hotel near SAP HQ”

ACHAT Premium Walldorf/Reilingen
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Reilingen
“Well situated hotel near SAP HQ”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great location if you are visiting the SAP HQ a few kilometres away
Friendly staff and good food
Room is modest , clean and comfortable however has no air-conditioner which is a bit of a problem in summer. Free wifi with goof signal strength in the room
Location good to travel by freeway to neighbouring towns - Hockenheim , Heidelberg, Heilbron etc

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Culemborg
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed many times in Walkershof (now Achat) when i visited SAP Walldorf.
Nice hotel with friendly staff and good food!
On a short distance from SAP Walldorf or St. Leon Roth; in the morning you are in 10-15 min in the Neurotstrasse.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and my stay was comfortable. Staff is very cooperative and pleasant. Rooms are reasonablely spacious. Price includes mini bar stuff, so check out this option before you check in.

A good restaurant attache to it. I did ask for a dish outside menu (a Thai curry) and I was provided with that. Breakfast have many options and spread of not boring. They also have nice garden for relaxed gatherings.

Nice and equipped bathroom. Free Wi Fi.

Superb location, as its very near to SAP office, railway station and frankfurt motor way.

A real value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Moscow
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed in a superior room and it was gigantic! :) I got everything I needed: free Wi-Fi, a teapot with tea and coffee, free drinks in the minibar (water, juice, beer), slippers and bathrobe upon request, comfortable bed, a hairdryer. Breakfast is nice, I have also seen a sauna here but failed to try it :( The service is also very nice and the staff at the reception have been very helpful and friendly. It is far from the main tourist attractions and cities but if you are going for Hockenheimring‎ or searching for a nice and quiet place to have a conference, Achat is a very good choice at a reasonable price. The air here is lovely and in the nearby farms you may get some fresh milk, fruit, vegetables and eggs :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in August for the Nitrolympx at Hockenheim. Found the hotel to be pleasant and the staff very helpful. It was a very nice touch to see drinks in the mini bar included in the price.

Food was very nice indeed and the garden was a nice place to relax. As mentioned it was used as a base for a race weekend so we didn't spend too much time here, but I would certainly use it in that respect again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2012 via mobile

I booked the room through hotels.com as a 4 star hotel. They advertised it as having 118 rooms with airconditioning. The two rooms we got did not have AC and they claimed only a few premium rooms had AC. The hotel was booked for the F1 weekends and they did not do anything about it to accommodate us or change rooms. We were stuck here. Would not recommend this hotel or stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Reilingen hotels

Kranenburg, Germany
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Initially I wanted to give the hotel only 1 star, but there were some positive points which made me give them 2, even though 1.5 would be nearer to the truth.

Facts.
1. I booked through www.hotel.de. I always want to have airco, certainly in June and they claim: " Keep in touch with the Internet access and stay cool with the air-conditioning provided in all the hotel rooms" (Copy and paste from their own info on the hotel.de website) so I thought: "that should be OK, then".

Not....

Airco was limited to "Superior" rooms, but that was nowhere mentioned on the hotel.de site...

When I asked for airco I was told the hotel was fully booked for the night, but they could get me a fan and they offered me 2 free drinks in the restaurant and/or bar.

2. Free internet.... Yeah, who would dare to charge for such a connection!???
I'm getting effectively 128 Kb/s... Yes, you read it correctly: 128 Kilobit per second....
I know that the Deutsche Telekom used this (lack of) speed as the threshold for "fast internet" until 2010, but hey, let's get real, even starting up the TripAdvisor homepage to write this review took almost a full minute (or would that be the reason why... :-)). This should be forbidden.

3. Then the restaurant. The menu is limited, but the choices are decent and the food is above average for a place like this. Erm, after I got my steak redone, that is. (I ordered rare and got well done the first time)
They have some excellent wines on the wine list. (Do try the red German wines, they're excellent)

What really upset me, was that the staff ignored me after I finished my main course for about 30 minutes even though I looked them straight in the face when they walked by. Oh, and there were 4 occupied tables at that time, so they couldn't be overworked, could they?
So much for hospitality....

So, over all, what's the verdict?

The location is good: close to the motorway and still quiet.
The room is OK, next time take the Superior.
Room prices are reasonable, although I wasn't here when there was a big racing event.
The restaurant charges above average for a place like this, probably because they're close to the Hockenheim Ring.
The staff is too young (or maybe I should say, lacks senior management).
Room and bathroom are clean.

I didn't feel I got what I ordered and had I known beforehand I would have gone elsewhere as there are many places in this area which provide much better service at a similar price.

Will I go back? I don't think so.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reilingen
Leonardo Hotel Heidelberg-Walldorf
#2 of 16 in Speyer
Ibis Styles Speyer
Ibis Styles Speyer
#1 of 16 in Speyer

Been to ACHAT Premium Walldorf/Reilingen? Share your experiences!