“Excellent value”
Review of Hotel Kredell

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Neckargemund
Hotel Kredell
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Neckargemund
Reviewed 15 October 2013

As described by others - a small family run hotel offering comfortable accomodation, a good choice of breakfast items (Continental German stuff) and good value for money. Not a lot in Neckargemünd but only 20 mins by bus to Heidelberg. Staying again next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Hotel Kredell is in the old town center of Neckargemunde, near the Neckar River. The hotel has old world charm and a warm, friendly ambience. Heike, the owner, speaks English and is very helpful in answering any tourist questions. The rooms are small, which is typical of older hotels in Europe. The bath in our room had a tiny shower that was difficult to maneuver in and there was no place to hang or lay your clothes. The bedding is a fitted sheet and the single duvet--one for each person on the double bed, which is two twins pushed together.
The rooms on the second floor (which we would call the third floor) have huge beams at angles in the rooms and you do have to watch your head. This is also true in the hall outside the rooms. Once you get used to these things, the rooms are fine.
The breakfast is included and is very substantial with fresh fruit, selection of bread and rolls, butter, cream cheese, jams, meats & cheeses, yogurt, muesli, cereal, and a soft boiled egg if you like. And of course, orange juice, coffee and tea.
The wi fi is pay as you go, 2€ for 6 hours and only one device online at a time. This can be a hardship for us techies!
All things considered, this is a great hotel for a stay in beautiful Neckargemunde. The location is perfect for walks around the old town.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My daughter and I booked here to be off the beaten path with easy access to Heidelberg. The owners, Frau and Herr Hogan were delightful and full of helpful hints in visiting the area. Our room was clean, spacious and cozy. The breakfast was wonderful and staff very accomodating and kind. We even had some lovely downtime to have an evening drink with the Hogan's at the patio restaurant adjacent to the property and learn more about the hotel and its history. It was a very memorable experience and the price was an excellent value. We would highly recommend this lovely property.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2013

My early family life was forgettable, that’s why I LOVE a family hotel. I love cities with history and culture but could not sleep in a city; that’s another reason why I loved hotel Kredell
It’s cozy, comfortable, in a quiet and interesting town within 6 golf holes of Germany’s gem city of Heidelberg. I had a relaxed welcome, enjoyed delightful furnishings avoiding chrome and plastic, lingered over a copious breakfast, and wallowed in a super friendly atmosphere: I met interesting people before I could put my bags down!! Lovely walks around town and by the river That’s why I hope to go back, unless you book before I do !!!

Room Tip: try a higher floor ; quaint views over town
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Francis Y
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Hotel Kredell was an amazing experience! We stayed for quite some time in the region on a family sojourn and were very impressed. The room was spacious and airy, the halls and bathrooms immaculate, and the breakfast was worth coming back for all on its own. The service went above and beyond, and the staff was so helpful when it came to recommending the local sights and flavors. Overall, excellent!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 639elizabethk
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The Hotel Kredell is a wonderfully authentic German hotel with modern conveniences and old-time charm. The staff is friendly and excellent, the room was spacious and comfortable, and nearby restaurants and shops are plentiful. The breakfast at the Kredell is NOT to be missed: fresh rolls and pretzels, traditional German meats and cheeses, fresh fruit, soft-boiled eggs perfectly done each time (my favorite), hot tea and coffee and juice.

The hotel is in the very charming town of Neckargemund. Heidelberg is easily accessible by bus, which runs regularly and stops just down the street from the hotel. If you're visiting Heidelberg, this is the place to stay. This was the third time my wife and I have stayed at the Hotel Kredell and we would not think of going anywhere else.

When you go, say hello for me to Charlie, the friendly hotel dog!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kenton_Kilgore
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayed at the Kredell when I had business meetings in Mannheim the next day. Check-in was uncomplicated and I was given a charming room on the top floor. I had an enjoyable walk alongside the river before dinner at the attached Italian restaurant. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. It is not a business hotel, so guests should not expect business facilities (and I wasn't), although a WLAN connection is available for a modest fee.

Breakfast was a superb selection of breads, meats, cheeses, cereals and an egg. Naturally coffee and juice was also available. What more could one want.

Top marks to this small hotel for service and value for money. I look forward to returning when the weather is warmer.

Room Tip: I was happy with the room on the top floor. Some noise from the road and church, but nothing that di...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neckargemund
Hotel Zum Neckartal
Hotel Zum Neckartal
#35 of 76 in Heidelberg
Hotel Terrassencafe Vierburgeneck
ART-Hotel Neckar
ART-Hotel Neckar
#1 of 2 in Neckargemund

Been to Hotel Kredell? Share your experiences!