“It's a clean and safe room” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite

Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Mesquite
Mesquite, Texas
“It's a clean and safe room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Please remember you get what you pay for. If you expect wake up calls and turn down service this is not the place. The room is clean when you check in. Michelle and Mamadu are very responsive and will help when they can. However, don't leave your valuable laying around and hang on to your towels. I had to go to Target to buy my own. Victoria, the cleaning lady is terrified of cats. If you can't crate yours she can't clean your room. If Ellie is there (as he often is on the weekend) don't ask him for anything. Just wait until Monday when their "a" team is there. Remember it's clean and quiet. The laundry room is on premises it's 2.00 to wash and 2.00 to dry. They label out of order washers and dryers. The vending machines are pricy but you can walk to the grocery store if you don't have a car. All in all a please to stay.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

My 1 sentence says it all. Was told it was a non smoking room. Smelled like somebody had smoked a carton the night before me. Honestly. Didnt care that we wasn't told it was a handicap room but they seriously need a new cleaning crew. Cob webs and dirty carpets, curtains looked like they have never been cared for. I could go on but whats the point. Just if you can find something else please do. Its not worth the money. I stayed at the Crossroads in Mesquite Texas room 135. I will give corporate a email cause I'm sure nobody high up will read this review. DUMP!!!

• Stayed December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room had a smoke smell and was unclean upon arrival. To uphold our company's high standards, we will be working to improve the quality of our rooms and enhance our cleaning services moving forward. We will also make sure that the curtains and carpets in our rooms are cleaned on a daily basis and replaced if necessary.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dme@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
montréal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I wish I had something good to say about this place but that is not the case. I arrived at 10:30pm after a very long drive and had to wait at least 10 minutes before anyone showed up at the front desk and while waiting some guest told me that this was his worst stay (and another guest was waiting for a plunger to unblock her toilet...) so it was not too promising. Once in the room there were no toilet paper or pillows!! The front desk clerk was nice enough to bring us some. We also noticed that there were a lot of 'hair' on the bathroom floor from a previous guest that had either cut his mustache or something else......so the next morning I called the front desk to ask them to send someone to clean it up and to our surpris after two days the hair mess was still there!! No one ever came..We also got woken up by the cleaning lady who obviously did not check how many days we were staying...(2) needless to say she was sent on her way pretty quickly...
Upon our check out I was told that I owed 17$ (I had booked with hotwire so no charges should of been added) that the clerk had no idea why this charge was there. She was new and called her manager who refused to give us a bill explaining what these charges were all about. I will talk to Hotwire about this bill that I still don't know if they will charge me or not. Oh yes, we locked ouselves out the first night and the clerk at the time just gave us another card without even asking our names!! There should at least be a security protocol to be followed in a case like that....anyhow this is out last stay in a rundown motel like that. Hopefully this will help as a review.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nathalie l
Pismo Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I wish I had run into some of the nice people other reviewers have mentioned. Unfortunately, I did not. The rooms are well worn, not terrible, but there is plenty of room for improvement. The problems seem to be more along the lines of management and operations. The young man staffing the front desk seemed clueless about what he was doing and took no less than 20 minutes to check me in. He insisted on taking care of me first when another customer only wanted an extra towel. Towels are an issue here. We got to our room and found a single bath towel. No wash rags, no hand towels. (Why would a room meant for four people be stocked with enough towels for less than one person?) I went back to the office to ask for more towels and found the office open but vacant. A half hour later I went back again, the office was still vacant. Next trip was after 11pm so the office was closed. The next day my son went to the office and was told they were out of towels. HUH?

Hard to believe, but we actually went to WalMart to buy towels.

Needless to say, we won't be staying here in the future and recommend that you don't either.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank gd540
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you experienced issues during your stay. To prevent this from happening again, my team will be inspecting each guest room prior to check-in to make sure they are in great conditions and have all necessary amenities. Also, we will be reviewing our front desk procedures to ensure a timely check-in and attentiveness of the staff.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dme@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town
Mesquite, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Due to a job related relocation, my husband and I stayed for 3 months+. The service staff, including the maintenance crew, were ALWAYS kind, considerate, helpful and willing to do everything they could to make our stay comfortable.

Mamadu always goes over and above to help. He is an asset to the hotel, for sure.

All of the staff are great, with a special "Thank You" to Megan and Leo.

I would stay there again with no reservations and recommend it to anyone who asks where they can find a good hotel.
Thank you all!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for providing such a good service and made you satisfy with your stay.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
mesquite
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

To whom it may concern: I am writing this review on Fenia. She was so very helpful to me this morning. I wanted some coffee, before I came to work, and they were waiting on their truck to come in to supply me with the coffee. She called me and let me know she found some. She was great in helping me with my overall stay. I now know, that this is the place where I am going to be staying for a while. Thanks Fenia. This Misty Boren in room 103

Room Tip: The overall stay was GREAT!