“Nice location”

Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Mesquite
“Nice location”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The location is perfect it has a grocery store near by, a gas station. If you want to go out to eat or the movies they are close by. The only problem i had was the tv, it wasn't up to date. If i had a dvd player or my ps3 i couldn't play it. The room was small but it was comfortable. Shower needed to be up to date but couldn't complain about the shower pressure. You had to buy a ice tray to make ice because they don't have ice machines and there is no pool. Overall i had a good stay.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

The first thing i noticed was the carpet that is covered with sticky filthiness. Then i found that the tv remote did not work. Someone had pulled all the buttons of the room telephone. I went to get a drink only to discover white residue in the bottom of the cup that resembles rotten milk. The towel in the bathroom has yellow stains on it. The worst part came at 1:30AM when somone woke me from sleep by pounding on the door demanding that i open it NOW! I was going to call the police, but it was the hotel worker. Some women had told him i was in her room. I should have called the cops, it was my room after all. This property should be an embarrassment to the extended stay america name. Do not stay here. If you value your health and safety then stay somewhere else.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

First of all, I made reservations in advance to check in by 2 pm only to get there and be told my room was not clean. So, my first thought was why make reservation to get there and have to wait and additional 30 minutes. After, waiting I then get to my room that has one bed yet I was booked for a two bed room. The bathroom smells like the sewage. The worst is yet to come as I lay in that tiny bed I'm awaken by the fact that the electricity went out. I called the toll-free number only to be told someone from guest relations will contact me in 24 to 48 hours. Which is crazy since I'll be checked out already it's not only to location to blame I blame the whole Extended Stay America enterprise because they should provide great customer service regardless of the locations. This location has all different type of people drug addicts, prostitutes, pimps and all of the above it's truly scary...........I WANT A REFUND THEY SAY A BOUGHT LESSON IS A TAUGHT LESSON:-(

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Tonya H
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I went to this hotel last night 5/31/14. We were assigned a room on the 3rd floor and we were shocked when we opened the door. The room had trash everywhere, dirty dishes, things that the previous person left in there, the bed was not ready and the whole room was so dirty like if had not been cleaned in months. I took pictures and showed to the receptionist and he said: "sometimes it happens". I will try to upload the pictures.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Carla U
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The following was written by another customer..this was my EXACT experience!!!! To a T!

"Ok, I stayed here twice in two weeks. The first visit didn't start out very well, as I had booked online and was not told that the office for check in closes at 11pm. So, I arrived at 11:30pm to find the office dark and locked. Finally....and the lady gives me a room key. Now, the room made up for it. I had a queen suite which is located on the bottom floor and right next to the office, everything was immaculate and I was actually impressed by the room for what I paid for it. There were even pans and utensils for cooking and the tub/shower combo was nice and shiny with plenty of towels. So, I let the bad check in experience go because I was happy with the room.
Ok, fast forward a few days later. Check in was quick and easy, it was mid afternoon, but then I got to my room, which felt more like a shoe box. It was cramped and musty, no pans for cooking my own meal and one towel. This room was located on the 2nd floor. I think if as a hotel you advertise things like stove tops, cooking utensils and such, that you should make sure all of your rooms have these items.."

The first time I stayed I booked the "accessible" room on accident, and later realized why it was actually a good thing. So after the second shoe-box room, I have purposely reserved the "accessible" room, in advance, online..only to arrive, and not a single of the additional 4 stays has it been available. Was given a full sized bed for a 5 year old and 2 adults..yea right. Was told if I wanted to upgrade, I'd have to pay the difference.. even though the guy at the front desk admitted that a "computer glitch" ON THE HOTEL'S END was to blame for my room, that I already reserved, being unavailable. NOT my fault.
I mentioned this in my post-stay survey, however, nothing has been done to try and resolve the issue. I hope it's fixed because I LOVE this hotel..I just hate to take the time to line up my ducks, then have to deal with their "computer glitch"..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Mesquite, Texas
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Ok, I stayed here twice in two weeks. The first visit didn't start out very well, as I had booked online and was not told that the office for check in closes at 11pm. So, I arrived at 11:30pm to find the office dark and locked. I then called the hotel to find out how I was suppose to check in, I got transferred to the answering service and the woman had me on the phone for 20mins while she tried to get someone on staff to answer the phone and let me in. Finally after I had been standing outside for 30mins a woman switched the light on and motioned for me to go around to the side. Wierd, but what the heck I needed to get to my room. She then opens the side door and tells me she will be with me in a minute and tells me to have a seat....I then wait about 10minutes for her to finish what she is doing and then she finally takes my info and gives me a room key. I would have had some mean words for the wait, but I was tired and just wanted to lay down. Now, the room made up for it. I had a queen suite which is located on the bottom floor and right next to the office, everything was immaculate and I was actually impressed by the room for what I paid for it. There were even pans and utensils for cooking and the tub/shower combo was nice and shiny with plenty of towels. So, I let the bad check in experience go because I was happy with the room.

Ok, fast forward to two days later when I needed a room again due to repairs on my home taking longer than had imagined. Check in was quick and easy, it was mid afternoon, but then I got to my room, which felt more like a shoe box. It was cramped and musty, no pans for cooking my own meal and one towel. This room was located on the 2nd floor. I called the front desk to ask for a pan and got no answer, so I walked down and requested pans to cook with. I was then left in the office and waited fifteen minutes for the man to come and give me one pan, I was too irritated to even ask for another once, since I didn't want to wait 15 more minutes. I think if as a hotel you advertise things like stove tops, cooking utensils and such, that you should make sure all of your rooms have these items.

I have come to the conclusion that in order to have a good stay, I will need to request the room right next to the office and check in way before 11pm.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank mesquitemom9
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Still, it upsets me to learn that you dealt with issues during your second stay including a less than satisfactory level of customer service. Please know, I will meet with our entire staff to review our guest protocol and customer service policies to ensure your experience is not repeated.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, dme@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in town.
Mesquite, Texas
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Please remember you get what you pay for. If you expect wake up calls and turn down service this is not the place. The room is clean when you check in. Michelle and Mamadu are very responsive and will help when they can. However, don't leave your valuable laying around and hang on to your towels. I had to go to Target to buy my own. Victoria, the cleaning lady is terrified of cats. If you can't crate yours she can't clean your room. If Ellie is there (as he often is on the weekend) don't ask him for anything. Just wait until Monday when their "a" team is there. Remember it's clean and quiet. The laundry room is on premises it's 2.00 to wash and 2.00 to dry. They label out of order washers and dryers. The vending machines are pricy but you can walk to the grocery store if you don't have a car. All in all a please to stay.

• Stayed November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesquite
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Garland/Dallas
#4 of 19 in Mesquite
Days Inn Mesquite Rodeo TX
Days Inn Mesquite Rodeo TX
#9 of 19 in Mesquite

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite? Share your experiences!