“Room and Hotel in Need of an Upgrade”

Courtyard Dallas Mesquite
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Mesquite
GreenLeadersBronze level
Asheville, North Carolina
“Room and Hotel in Need of an Upgrade”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I guess I am trying to understand the great reviews for the hotel. Yes the staff is great but the hotel and my room were just worn out. The furniture was in bad shape, the drawer in the dresser did not open easliy and then I had trouble closing it, the bed had no support left in it, and the closet doors did not work right either. The breakfast buffet was OK but overpriced. I have stayed at Spring Hill Suites that include the same food, sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, fruit, yogurt and cereal, with the room rate. The wireless internet connection was slow. I am looking for a nice room with a comfortable bed and very good internet. This Courtyard just did not provide that to me. A great staff is just not good enough.

Room Tip: I would avoid any even number rooms as they face I30
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MoovinOn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Louisiana
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Great location as it has easy access to both I30 and I635. Several restaurants within walking distance. Nearby shopping Mall with major retailers. Help, pleasant staff. Rooms have been renovated and property is extremely clean. This Courtyard Lobbyarea still serves a real breakfast which is a polis for me. I've stayed her many times and always been pleased!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bandman15
Ramer, TN
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Adrian, the desk manager, was the absolute BEST! He was on duty at late afternoon check-in and was so helpful and so friendly. The only "blight" was the International Modeling Agency's "auditions" one afternoon and evening in the meeting room. There were so many non-paying guests in the parking lot and lobby area. They literally "trashed" the lobby, the breakfast area, and the bathrooms off the lobby. Their invasion of the market room required it to be shut down for the evening. To keep the integrity of the hotel and its attention to excellence for its guests, I would recommend being careful about temporary rental of the meeting rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PatriciaMM1884HF
Florida
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

The level of service I received was exceptional. When I arrived I was with a co-worker and we were setting up in the lobby to do some work and Adrian, one of the managers on duty, offered the unused meeting room and provided a power strip so we could use our computers. We needed a color copy of a presentation and a nice young lady helped us get it printed to take on our appointment. I interacted with the staff several more times and they were very helpful and friendly. The property is standard Courtyard that has a few miles on it but iis well kept and clean. The location is great, at the intersection of I-30 and I-635. Right next door is a Celebration Station plus many restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast IS NOT complimentary, plan on about $15. I recommend this hotel based on customer service and location.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Forney
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We arrived early and everything was ready. The front desk staff were excellent and they upgraded us to a room with a balcony. The night desk attendant was extremely friendly, sorry I can't remember his name, and were joked about football teams. Room was clean, as expected. Overall a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Hotel is located less than 1 mile from several restaurants, several as in more than 10, and under 3...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I had a double lung transplant 2 yrs ago at Baylor. I had to come back every month for over a year and after staying here the first time, knew it would be best for my safety, health. It's close to about any type of restaurant you'd want and shopping is the greatest and close. It is always clean and the staff is super. Adrian and Alyssa are my favorites. They always make you feel so welcome. Whether it's overnight or several nights, the Courtyard is my favorite. I just had my 2nd year transplant birthday and got to stay with y'all for 3 days and will be back later this month.

Room Tip: I enjoy the rooms with balconies so I can sit outside whether it's watching traffic or just enjo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My husband and I stopped here during a cross-country road trip. We wanted somewhere that was clean and comfortable in a location close to the interstate. This hotel had exactly what we wanted and was a great value. We had dinner at Posado's Cafe right next door and loved it. The fact that breakfast wasn't included didn't bother us because it made the rate less than other hotels, and we love going to Starbucks anyways (there's one just around the corner where we stopped on our way out of town).

• Stayed July 2013