“Disappointed”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Mesquite
Longview, Texas
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The pool was not heated and the ladie said, mnt turned it off, they will fix it tomorrow. No help to me. The breakfast was not kept up, one hour before the closing all the eggs were gone, no cream cheese or peanut butter, there was syrup, but for what? Had to purchase a tooth brush from a vending machine. Not enough towels for all adults. Stairs, no elevator.

Room Tip: Clean the mold out of the tub, fill in the wholes along the edges.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Betty H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Whitesboro, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My family stayed their in Sept 2013 and I have stayed twice since then. Over the years have stayed numerous times. The staff is always very nice and helpful. The handicap room is well maintained and the other rooms that my family stayed in were maintained too. A good breakfast, clean lobby and overall very nice clean hotel. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a reasonable price hotel.

Room Tip: Could use some updated pillow top mattress. But the sleep quality was good in our rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank nanapsmith
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My buddy made a reservation at hotel.com for us at this motel when we found ourselves too tired to make it back to Austin. I noticed the LONG disclaimer at the check-in desk which ended with 'no refund'. We asked for a no smoking room, which it might have been, but the hallway smelled of smoke. He told us that it was the last room available in the motel. The first problem was the phone with no dial tone. Then the TV remote wouldn't work. I went to the front desk and complained. The clerk gave me another one and told me that I should jiggle the telephone cables to see if there was a loose connection. I tried his suggestions with no change; the new remote also failed to change the one channel I was able to get on the television (something about naked survivalists in Alaska...maybe. I couldn't turn up the volume either.) I went back to the front desk where I believe the clerk took the remote from me, went to the back room with it, and brought it right back to me. After yet another trip to the front desk with the remote by my buddy and a request for a refund, we decided that it wasn't comfortable. He made a deal with hotel.com for the price of the room and we drove home.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Search M

Travellers are raving about these Mesquite hotels

Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 3 July 2013

great location. overall is was great. nothing to complain about. rooms are very clean. hotel was very busy that day but very quite. great newly remodeled hotel here are their new rooms picture. i enjoy my stay and will be there again

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Hewitt, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The hotel is located near to many restaurants and shopping. The staff is polite and helpful. The rooms are clean and decorated well. The price is definitely fair. I highly recommend this one to everyone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Trent S
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2013

To start off the front desk person was very rude during check-in. Walking to the room I noticed the halls reeked of cigarette smoke. Entered the room, it was burning up, turned on the AC and a musty/funky smell came out of the AC. I was just going to deal with it since I just needed some sleep. Got into bed and the covers were itchy. Still, I was going to deal with it. THEN! Out pops the largest beetle I have ever seen...IN THE BED! Caught the beetle for proof to show to the front desk person, they wanted to put me in another room, and I refused. The front desk was very irritated and NEVER OFFERED AN APOLOGY! I called the online booking site and they refunded my money and APOLOGIZED. Also the only vending machine and ice machine is on the first floor and there is no elevator. I wish there were a "0" rating because that would be more appropriate for this hotel.

Room Tip: There are no "good" rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple