“Reasonable price”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Mesquite
Blairsville, Pennsylvania
“Reasonable price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We have been traveling for several days and chose this Holiday Inn due to location and cost. It was ok. It was obvious this hotel gets a lot of use. Nothing was horrible is was just ok. If you are traveling thru for a day or two, maybe. Breakfast was a plus with plenty of options which out weighed the mold in the coffee pot in the room. Overall the room was clean and semi-quiet. They do permit smoking in areas of the hotel so...... yes you can smell cigarettes..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank game227
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mesquite, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear game227,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It's nice to hear your positive feedback regarding the hotel location, plenty of breakfast selection and clean rooms. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry that there's a few let down in particular with the smelt of smoke and untidy coffee pot. Please accept our sincere apologies for any discomfort it may have caused you. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest experience.

Lera P
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The receptionist was friendly. Room was clean. Slept comfortably. Woke up refreshed and hungry. Breakfast was delicious. You must try their cinnamon rolls. I had to eat two. Slow elevator but worth it to stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I recently started staying at HI Ex. because my stays at a couple had really been exceptional.
So when I booked this one, I was basing it on prior experiences. This one really needs some updates. The breakfast area area is MUCH smaller that the others at which I have stayed, and the food on the second morning wasn't good at all. We had to wait to find a seat, and it was out of a lot of the items. No bacon, OJ dispenser was empty, the "gravy" was watery and yucky. Only fruit was apples, no pastries, but there were several flies dining with us, and have a great buffet at the overflowing trash containers. Oh, I don't know what happened to their usually good cinnamon rolls, but all there was only bite size very dry rolls. Yuck again.
Hopefully this is an exception to their other properties. Will be back in the area again next year, but he Hampton Inn right up the road will be our choice. Oh, if you have kiddos, the pool has been out of service for a couple of day.

Room Tip: Stay at the opposite end of the hotel from the freeway….very noisy
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bcw8620
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mesquite, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear bcw8620,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the food selections prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Mesquite hotels

Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I arrived late and tired. the guy at the reception was so kind and welcoming that I felt better. he helped with any problem, always with a smile. the room is big, clean, the bed very comfortable. breakfast rich and good. everything was perfect. I'd go back anytime!

• Stayed June 2014
Manhattan, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am not one to complain, but this facility needs improvements.
1. The elevato is extremely small and very slow.
2. While using the west stairs, due to the slow elevator, to go from the 3rd floor to outside, my adult daughter was holding hands with my three year old granddaughter and slid on the turn between the 3rd and 2nd floor. These steps are bare nonpainted surfaces that poses a danger to patrons. My daughter fell right on her bottom and the child bumped her head and ear against the concrete wall. I was not a bappy camper. The baby was startled and injured and cried for a while. Since there were no current bruises or broken bones and I was in a hurry to make a graduation, no report was made to thefront desk at that time.

3. The beds were uncomfortable and there were dust in the bathroom as if the room hadn't been used or cleaned in quite some time.

I often use Holiday Inns as I am a GOLD ELITE IHG Rewards Club member but have never endured such a bad experience at any of the hotels. Iwas totally disappointed with this facility.

Room Tip: Carpeting in bad condition and should be changed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jerry B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mesquite, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Jerry B,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. I would like to offer a sincere apology. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information about your experience and give further assistance. We hope to hear from you soon.

Tracy V.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel was clean, well lit and staff was polite and professional. Breakfast was as expected with eggs, sausage/beacon, fruit, cereal, muffins, juices, etc. Parking was a little marginal with 12+ tree trimming service customers parking very big trucks this week. The water pressure was great but shower temperature was only warm. I asked for hotter water and they complied. FYI- Good water pressure and hot water is a must or I check out. They did good. I will return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Emmanuel C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mesquite, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for staying with us and for your comments. We truly appreciate the compliments and hope to see you again soon. Without comments like yours we would not have the opportunity to improve upon our services, and the feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to celebrate service and show appreciation to our staff.

Yours in Hospitality,
Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed here as I was taking a fast track class at a nearby college back in March. I am from a very small town and the city life was a bit of a culture shock. The hotel staff was very friendly, the rooms were kept clean, and the beds were comfy. The pool in the hotel even tough I didn't use it, looked a bit on the small side. They did provide breakfast which was a plus because I didn't know the area that well. The tricky part about his hotel was driving to and from it. You had to go on a rotary like road in order to just get on the inner state. The other dislike I had was that every morning around 4 AM I could hear a very loud train go by. I'm sure the train was miles away but it could be well heard in the early morning hours. Overall it wasn't a bad stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mesquite, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear ThelillyKat,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. We are truly delighted you found our staff highly commendable and pleased you enjoyed your overall experience. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest
experience possible.