“Very nice accommodations”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Mesquite
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Mesquite
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We stayed here while visiting family in the area. This particular property has just recently started sharing fresh-baked cookies upon arrival; and after a seven-hour car ride, both my husband and I found that to be a welcome touch.
We had booked a room with a king-size bed. The room's decor was very nice and it was obvious that whomever had cleaned our room took great pride in her work. I have no areas of concern regarding the room's overall appearance. Even though it initially felt a bit stuffy; it cooled down nicely while we were out for the evening.
I was a little fearful about having a room on the first floor, worrying that we might hear people walking above us, making it difficult to sleep. But, there was no reason for concern because once we closed the door, we never heard anything else from any of the rooms around us.
I did wake up once during the night and heard the shower dripping. (I forgot to report this to the front desk during our check-out; and hopefully they will notice this and get it fixed.) The built-in night light in the wall-mounted hair dryer was not working, and after using the dryer for about three minutes the next morning, it suddenly quit. Fortunately, my hair was almost dry and I was able to get by without it.
While there, we logged onto the Internet, and had a great connection. We didn't need the refrigerator in our room this time; but always appreciate having one. We did enjoy the pool/hot tub area during our stay, and found it to be adequate. I wanted to use the exercise equipment also; but we were late getting back to the hotel and did not have time to visit both the exercise room and the pool area the next morning.
Breakfast was standard continental with a waffle machine, sausage, biscuits, gravy, and a nice assortment of muffins and pastries along with both hot and cold cereal selections. There were three or four types of coffees available, along with juice and fresh fruit. I personally found the folded egg with cheese (great on a biscuit) to be one of my favorite options. The breakfast room attendant kept things stocked and was busy replenishing food while we were in there.
Both the check-in and check-out process was very pleasant. We would not hesitate to recommend this property to any of our friends or family in the future. I hope we can come back again one day.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Wants2see50states

Reviewed 28 November 2011

This is the second time we stayed at this hotel for Thanksgiving. Both years our stay has been nice. The rooms are large. Ours had two queen beds, a pull out couch, two TV, a microwave, and a mini refrigerator. The bathroom was clean and water pressure good. The hotel has a breakfast in the morning. It has hot food like eggs, sausage and biscuits. A waffle maker. It also has yogurt,cereal, bagels, and Danishes. Coffee, juice and milk.

The hotel also has an indoor pool, with a smaller hot tub. Additionally, there is a small workout room. They also allow pets to stay in the room which is a huge help.

Both nights we slept well. I found the hotel to be quiet. I also liked the fact that they gave their staff some time off for the holiday. As a guest I had to go down to get clean towels but that was not a big deal to me. I rather give the hard working people some time off.

The hotel is less than 10 minutes from our family and makes a good place to stay for the holidays. We will continue to make this our home during the Thanksgiving holidays.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Me9247
Reviewed 2 October 2011

From the view point that a hotel is a place to sleep, the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Mesquite is adequate. The King bed is comfortable, though the room is a bit loud. A major detractor was the incredibly noxious chemical cleaner smell that was prevalent throughout the hotel. As for the "bright side breakfast", don't count on it. Hotel was nowhere near capacity during our stay, but the one lonesome woman working the breakfast bar couldn't keep up - not saying it was her fault, rather the management needs to invest a little more in this part of the hotel.
Bottom line: you'd probably be ok to stay here if you are deaf, your nose is stopped up, AND you don't Need to eat!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank RadarNav
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Nice room with comfortable and accomendations. This was not orginally a La Quinta. Everthing was working an in order. Booked a junior suite which had excellent accomodations.

Room Tip: They gave me a special rate for the junior suite.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I reserved the king jacuzzi suite and it was no more than a regular room with a slipper style jacuzzi tub for $94 dollars a night. The jacuzzi had electrical problems that could not be repaired and it was wired into the wall sockets instead of a breaker panel. They said they had no more jacuzzi rooms so I had to change hotels at midnight in Dallas with no comps fo my trouble. Had to get very rude to match the personality of the assistant manager the next morning. My advice to anyone wanting to stay in this area is to drive 12 more miles and stay at the one in Balch Springs, no musty smells, larger room, jacuzzi works, and a very friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
lq6019gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Mesquite, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2010

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas/Mesquite. We appreciate your time and feedback as it allows us to gauge the level of service we provide. I can certainly understand your frustrations with the Jacuzzi tub not turning on, and sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. For the safety of our guests, our Jacuzzi tubs are connected properly through GFI breakers that will shut off when needed. Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta Inn are our top priorities. We look forward to showing you that we are working hard to make sure each visit meets your expectations and our high standards.

Management
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas/Mesquite
lq6019gm@laquinta.com

Reviewed 7 January 2009

My family had two suites and stayed here during the 2009 Cotton Bowl. We were very pleased with everything. The rooms were clean, the staff (especially Seth) were very nice and helpful and the facility was in a great location that was easily accessible. Best of all they also accept pets. We will stay here again if and when we return to Dallas.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Rebelgal
Reviewed 16 January 2008

This La Quinta was clean, neat and very pet friendly.
Our check in was speedy and the room was just perfect.
Don't believe the other reviews. We were given a second floor room and was just right for my little Toby.
The indoor pool water was just right, and awesome whirlpool was so relaxing.

The only complaint is the breaksfast.. if you like Biscuits and Gravy then you will find this place to your likely. But, I do not like gravy on my biscuits. The eggs were salty . The selection of breads could have been better. Coffee was hot, juice were Apple and Orange. Some bagels and muffins, the waffle maker was good, but their was a family that was not allowing other guest to use the waffle maker. The hotel should of monitor the status of this and ask them to step aside for the other guest.

Overall, I enjoy my stay especially since I was visiting for personal reasons. I will return.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple