“Great stay”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Mesquite
Paris, Texas
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Great stay, the check in process was good, I had gotten lost and Lisa was fantastic at getting me back on track. She was very friendly. The room was comfortable, but I would say that there was a stinky odor in the hall that flowed into the room. It did not stay in the room the entire night, but it was stinky in the hallway the whole time. The bed was comfy with lots of pillows. The room was next to a tractor supply building that had bright lights shining through the window. The curtain was flimsy so the light shined through all night. The pool was indoor so that was great. The only thing bad in the pool room was the door slammed and made such a loud noise each time it was shut. Breakfast was good with standard eggs, biscuits, sausage, ceral etc. The Texas waffle was super cute! I would reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank christiej903

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Very good hotel for the price. I must compliment Ms.Bennie and her Housekeeping department and the two ladies who prepared breakfast daily. The staff members MS Lisa,Alyssa,Telesta,Samantha,Michelle and the New Guy whose name I did not get.You all were pleasant and welcoming. Looking forward to my next stay with you. Thanks again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Debra J L
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Oh my gosh this hotel is wonderful.The rooms are perfect and the breakfast is amazing,and the 24 hour service is great. The location is great. The hotel is located near a Walmart, gas station, a dollar theater, and a McDonald's. I mean its the best hotal I've been to yet.

• Stayed August 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Nice clean rooms , a.c worked good ,we were very comfortable the indoor pool was great , the breakfast was wonderful lots of choices .. and the staff was helpful and friendly.. all in all great stay and great price . It does need updating but it is safe ,quiet and comfortable

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Mount Vernon, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

After researching several hotels in the Mesquite area, we decided to give this one a try. I read the reviews and thought it sounded good and the price could not be beat. My first impression when walking in the lobby was, wow, it smells good in here, however; my husband said the hotel had a stale smell.

Samantha at the counter was extremely friendly and professional. She even found us a fan that we had requested and cleaned it up. I asked to inspect the room before we completed the transaction and she was very accommodating. I found the room to be clean and inviting. The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioner worked EXTREMELY well. We stayed on the second floor, room 216, on the back side of the hotel and it was very quite and private. You could not hear anything below, above or beside you. The breakfast was the best attribute with anything from scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits & gravy, and my personal favorite, the Texas shaped waffles... yummy!! Overall this was a nice hotel, however; there were a few issues with this room...
Cons:
The sink and tub did not drain properly and the shower head was nasty and molded. My husband is a diabetic and we needed the fridge for his insulin. When we first checked in the room, we heard a high pitched noise and we were not sure where it was coming from. After inspecting the fridge, we found it was not working, so I unplugged it and the noise went away. Thankfully, I had packing the insulin with an ice pack around it so we just kept it in there to keep cool.

Upon checking out, I voiced all my concerns to Samantha and she was very apologetic. You could tell that she was very concerned that all the guests have a satisfactory stay. We ended up getting an additional 15% off. Which made it worth every penny!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter