“Did not enjoy my stay” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Mesquite
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Did not enjoy my stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Upon arriving late, the front entryway was not welcoming. Once given a room we were pointed to go outside around the building the enter through the back door which was suppose to be closer to our room. The room did not look anything like what was advertised online. It was dark, dingy, and super small. The worst thing is that there were baby roaches in the bed, all on the night stand and in the bathroom. I thought it was just one but they kept coming out of nowehere. I called the front desk to request another room and was told there were no more and in the morning once people left I could then receive another room. Needless to say me and my niece did not sleep much at all that night! In the morning the owner I guess came to give us a key to our new room right down the hall, so we switched our luggage over before we left to run errands. That room had no roaches, but I do not see where they get the pictures from online. Upon checking out, we walked out the room headed out, and the owner's wife immediately rushed into our room (im guessing to check to see if we stole anything or damaged something..?). I felt that was very unprofessional. I will never stay there again. Corporate supposedly e-mailed me because I did a complaint while in the roached infested room, and I was suppose to receive a phone call to follow up with the situation. I have not heard from them yet, and doubt I will.

Room Tip: I do have photos of the roaches in the room and bathroom, but I'm not on my computer at the mome...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ebony C
veena m, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mesquite/Dallas At I-30, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I am sorry that you had a bad experience at one of the Microtel Inn & Suites, unfortunately the property you did stay at was on Highway 80 on Beltline Road in Mesquite, and not on Motley Drive on I-30. I hope you may consider staying with us on your next trip at I-30 on Motley Drive. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Corpus Christi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

It's okay but I've had problems with no handicapped rooms ever. AC doesn't work right. Because I have a Service Dog I get broken down rooms. My Service Dog is cleaner than some children. The staff is nice but it is a forced nice.

• Stayed February 2014
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank KristyandLilyDuchess
Sunset, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

The staff were courteous and eager to take of everything that came up. The refrigerator and sink came in very handy. The foldout bed also came in handy when unexpected guests. I'll definitely stay here again when I'm in town. :-)

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Livewire56
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesquite
Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Mesquite
Quality Inn Dallas East
Quality Inn Dallas East
#5 of 18 in Mesquite

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mesquite/Dallas At I-30? Share your experiences!