“Above average”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Mesquite
Saint Joseph
“Above average”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We arrived at 9:00 pm and were happy there was a room available. . . A king instead of two beds but, hey....we did not have a reservation. Room was just fine. Only problem I had was not being able to get on the wifi for some reason. Breakfast . . . I was not ready in time to go down but my husband said the biscuits and gravy were very good. I asked him to bring me a coffee back and he said coffee was empty by the time he finished. No biggie, we made some in the room. We would stay here again. Price was reasonable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Barbara W
Mathew D, Manager at Comfort Suites Mesquite, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. Guest reviews are very important to us. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Thanks again,
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Well first I would like to say. When I came in , the lady was super nice. My kids loved the place. They were excited about the pool of course. We had a graduation to attend. We got to our room and it was right around the exit door. So we loved it. We were able to take a nap before the party. So it was excellent. We loved the bed. Everything was excellent form entrance to exit. Kids were able to go to the pool and they loved their breakfast. Especially their TEXAS waffles ! We will see you in 2 weeks again. Another graduation to attend. Love you guys!

Room Tip: I loved the king suite. excellent for a couple and 2 little ones since it has a sofa bed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dalila M
Thank you for your review. Your feedback is very important to us. We appreciate the kind words and hope to see you again soon.

Thanks again,
Manager
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Were staying with our daughter in Mesquite and our son came to visit so we picked the closest motel to stay in for 3 nights while our son and his wife stayed with our daughter. The price was right. The room was great. Complete with a Jacuzzi, refrigerator, coffee maker and USB plugs on the desk.

The staff was friendly and courteous and helpful. The free breakfast was somewhat skimpy compared to other motels we have stayed at but filling none the less.

Only real complaint was the difficulty of the entrance. You have to drive north on Beltline Road to a auto lube place and you will see a small sign saying "Comfort Suite". If you are driving south on Beltline you have to go underneath Route 80 and make a U turn.

Nonetheless, we would certainly stay here again and could recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Room 128 had a Jacuzzi and apparently the room directly above did also. A family with children arri...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thed3
Tasha G, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mesquite, responded to this review, 10 February 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate any and all feedback through any channel. We hope to see you again next time you are in mesquite.

Bartlesville, OK
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Second time I have stayed here. Reserved on line. Large room. Reserved a king bed; got a king with jacuzzi. Spacious room and bathroom. Fine breakfast in the morning and the people working the breakfast were paying attention to the hot food. Excellent value. We were here for the OU-Texas game; just down I-30 about 12 miles to the Cotton Bowl at the State Fair. Much better staying to the east than to the north or south as the traffic is not so bad.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Mathew D, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mesquite, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Thank you very much for your generous review. We try very hard to make every guest's experience as enjoyable as yours. We are far from perfect but with an open line of communications to aid our efforts to improve and kind works like these to serve as a motivation, great things can only be the result.

Comfort Suites Mesquite
Reviewed 2 October 2013

No complaints here...nice hotel, clean rooms, great value. We were staying here for a softball tournament and it was more than adequate for our trip. Great breakfast in the morning. My children enjoyed making the waffles :-)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Marlo1019
Mathew D, Manager at Comfort Suites Mesquite, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
So glad we are doing a great job for you. Its important that we make every effort to improve, which is made that much easier and accurate when we have these open lines of communication. Thank you for your review and we will always look forward to your return.

Comfort Suites Mesquite Texas
Denmark
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We chose the Comfort Suites, Mesquite because it was
a) close to the Dallas City and b) was cheaper to stay here than in the city.
But I must admit that, and I'm sorry to say: This hotel is NOT the standard we normally find at Comfort Suites hotels.
The staff was nice, friendly, but the hotel itself is a bit used and in need of a fresh-up.
The couch and chair in the reception area was really dirty and worn - must be replaced- I for one wouldn't sit in it.
The room itself was OK, and the beds/pillows as expected.
The breakfast area was OK, but the brakfast itself ran out fast, and was not filled adequately as
the breakfast staff was more into small talking with the recptionist, so we had to ask for things several times.
Several of the eggs in the fridge was brown and was not removed (they were still there the day after) - yuck.
And the promised 'coffee all day' ? nope not here. When we returned after a day in Dallas - no coffee and it was not replaced. Why you ask ? Because the receptionist was busy watching NFL preseason on the TV.
I am really sorry for this rather negative review, but I didn't expect nor hoped for this when we booked this hotel, as all the Comfort Suites we've stayed in has been really good and pleasant - just not this one.
I'm a choice privilege member, but I can't really say that it was a privilege to stay here apart from the rate - sorry Comfort Suites.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank bastian87
Mathew D, Manager at Comfort Suites Mesquite, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
I am very frustrated to hear of your recent stay. We must be better then this and I promise to handle this with urgency. I want to address a few of your concerns directly, in hopes to rehabilitate your faith in our hotel. If you would like I am happy to speak with you personally either via email, or direct phone conversation. My email is csgmmd@hotmail.com or feel free to reach me by phone 972-329-9400. thank you for your feedback, its not easy to hear, but important to know.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We selected this hotel as a midway point between Half Price Books in Dallas and the Terrell Performing Arts Center where we were going to see a Southern Gospel concert. It suited our needs well and was easy to find. It's unusual that you must go through a strip center parking lot to get to the building, but no biggie really.

The room itself was o.k. nothing great, but I was not expecting fancy. We booked a room with 2 queen size beds, but they seemed more like a double bed to me. I didn't officially measure the beds so I can't say for sure. The pillows on the bed are square...as a math teacher I love squares....but I certainly did not love the square pillows! They were uncomfortable and left both my husband and myself with a crick in our neck :( Overall the room was, like I said ok, but some attention to detail would have been nice. For example, the clock was unplugged (which I easily fixed) and the blowdryer was inoperable (which I was unable to fix), and the bathroom could have used a coat of paint.

Breakfast downstairs was a bit underwhelming...cereal, toast etc. We opted to eat out on our way to the bookstore instead.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Mathew D, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mesquite, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
My name is Mathew Dorn and I am the General Manager. I wanted to thank you for your review it seemed fair and genuine. I also wanted to address a few things you mentioned so you are reassured that we are committed to your satisfaction. We have two size beds in our facility, in rooms with two beds they are Queen Size, and we also have Single bedded rooms with King sized beds. Our pillows are rather smallish, a fact not missed on many of our guests. They are Choice Hotels Branded pillows which we are required to stock every room with. The Good news is Choice has heard your and many of our guests voice and is implementing a New Pillow program set to roll out December 31st 2013. This program will give you two different and much better pillow options providing both soft and firm pillows on every bed. We at the property level embrace this change. Breakfast, you may have just caught a little late, I can only assume shortly after 9:00am, as she was pulling the breakfast items. We serve one of the best complimentary breakfasts on the market, and offers tons of varieties, Two kings of waffles, Scrambled Eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, two kinds of juice, 3 kinds of coffee, 3 kinds of cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, 3 kinds of whole fresh fruit, and various breads and pastries. I will work with the breakfast attendant and make sure that these things are being and staying stocked. We do have a few maintenance needs and could use some TLC, which we will receive in the nearing future as we will be soon doing an entire facility remodel, new paint our side and in, new flooring, new beds and furniture, new decor, and new service programs aimed at bringing you the money value for you money. However I do want to sincerely apologize for the few things in your room that were not quite right. We can got to be better then that. You have my commitment, We will be better then that moving forward.