“Great Service”

On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #24 of 244 Restaurants in Mesquite
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Service”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We always have excellent service when dining here. Staff is friendly, restaurant is clean, service is fast. This is not easy to do when situated in a busy place and needing to accomodate many people. Very impressed that they would not even seat us until the table was cleaned off! Warm chips and salsa are the best I've had and refills keep coming. Our favorite as a couple - the Ultimate Fajitas - mixed beef and chicken.

• Visited April 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Great lunch menu, salsa, & service”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We had lunch here and I have been here several times, but this time I tried the brisket tacos-excellent! Service was good, she kept our drinks filled, & gave us extra chips/salsa to go per my 6 yr. old's request! Kids meals were bigger than I expected & food came out pretty quick. It's not my favorite Mexican, but we put it on the rotation. Try Mattito's if you haven't already.

• Visited April 2013
“Best food ever.”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We had a great time there, the service was great and the briscit tacos are to die for. Food was not over priced and the drinks were made perfect. Great location and great people there.

Visited March 2013
“No Service”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The wife and I stopped here for lunch on a Saturday between 11:30 & 11:45. We were seated and given menus and our hostess said a waiter would be with us soon. 10 minutes later we walked out. No one spoke to us but they did serve food to the booth next to us while we sat there. I'm sorry, but if you can't at least serve us water, take our drink orders, and drop off some chips & salsa within a couple of minutes I'll always get out and walk. They weren't very busy so I don't know what their problem is. We drove about a 1/2 mile to another Mexican food restaurant and were seated, had chips & salsa on the table, served to glasses of water and our drink order taken in less than 1 1/2 minutes. With so many choice in restaurants I'll never stop here again.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank sidebite252
Denton, Texas, USA
“Not the best in TEXAS!!!”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Go for the Drinks...But not the food.....after several visits for lunch and dinner, I have determined the food is not worth your hard earned money...In the Dallas area you are better off going to a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant or El Phoenix Mexican Restaurant, like On the Boarder, same price but, much better food.

Visited December 2012