“Free entrance”

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Hajduszoboszlo
Stockholm
“Free entrance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

When you enter a four star hotel you do it with some expectations. I know that the star system is based on the servicelevel of the hotel, but still the more stars the better standard you expect. It does feel a bit dated, it is clean but the furnishing and the carpets have som 90-ies feel to it.

Service is ok and staff is friendly, dinner and breakfast is included and the standard is also ok. So overall it's an ok hotel. Expensive to what we're used to in Hungary, but all Hotels in Hajduszoboslo are expensive. After all it's a holiday resort. This review would have ended with a two "circle" rating, but free entrance to the aqua-palace and aquapark is a big bonus.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Krilon

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Lexington, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

I have stayed at hotel aqua-sol twice while visiting on business. The hotel would not be a 4-star if it were not for the free access to Aqua Palace. As an American, I have to say that this small town, known for its thermal spas is quite a sight to see during the summer months (June July August).

One bummer was that the front desk workers don't explain all of the amenities available to their guests. I had to ask about spa access, how to get there, where to park, and they never explained that the room purchase included free dinner, so halfway through the trip I realized I didn't need to go out for dinner (many people may know their booking details, but my room was booked by my business hosts).

Things I liked about the hotel were the friendly staff, the Aqua Palace access, and its central location to the outdoor touristy area.

Things I would like to see improved: better internet connection; better English speakers at the front desk so they could be helpful to non-German/Hungarian guests.

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank NebraskaAlan
Haarlem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

The hotel staff here is excellent! I stayed here with my husband while he was doing business, I was able to enjoy the Aqua Palace and Thermal Spas. The "Spa World" portion of the Aqua Palace was really neat. The rooms aren't the best and are pretty basic, but the hotel staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. I got sick the second day there and the hotel staff took me to the doctor to get medicine and translated everything for me!

Breakfast and Dinner are included in the price and the food was buffet style. The food was pretty good, but like other guests said, it was pretty heavy. They did have a nice selection though.

I would recommend the hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Funnbanks
Odense, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

Good place to stay if you happen to be in the area. Neighbor to the big pool and spa complex - there's an internal bridge that you just have to cross which makes it less embarrassing to wear swimsuit and bathrobe all the way. Nice staff. Food a bit uninspiring - lots of meat and a bit heavy. That goes for the breakfast also. Had a corner room with no balcony facing the street corner - a bit noisy at day but quiet at night. Good size room with all the facilities that I could ask for - safe, minibar, big tv etc. Hotel is situated in a recreational area with pubs and restaurants. Very touristy and crowded. Can't judge on the value for money since I didn't pay myself.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Moscow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2009

First of all, NEVER pay them in advance. This year we booked a room in advance (April or even March) using their official price list for 2009 and instead of a reasonable discount it is clear we expected for an early booking, the price we paid is 500 Euro (!!!) higher (two weeks DBL HB), since the whole pricelist for 2009 changed recently. Though it is still more than a month (!) to our arrival, we cannot change anything with the reservation we made and paid for... I contacted their sales department, and absolutely no preferences were offered either for this booking, nor for the future ones, taking in account the situation we got into... I consider it a fraud making the loyal clients pay a much higher price and then announcing the real price list, and I do not think their marketing mistakes are an excuse for that.

Well, the hotel itself is nice, has a direct free access to the huge swimming pools zone, which are excellent. In general I am satisfied with the hotel services. I mostly liked very friendly stuff and great food in the restaurant, it's worth to choose a halfboard, dishes like lamb ribs were common... no one knows if it remains the same this year due to the crisis though... Rooms are small for a 4 star hotel, but it feels OK, they have anythind you may need.

We've been there several times, but after this year we were declined to pay a fair price, I do not think we would return, neither recommend this hotel to our friends any more.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank AnjaRussia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hajduszoboszlo
Hotel Atlantis
#2 of 26 in Hajduszoboszlo
Hunguest Hotel Beke
Hunguest Hotel Beke
#6 of 26 in Hajduszoboszlo

Been to Hunguest Hotel Aqua-Sol? Share your experiences!