“Incredibly great time diving!”

Nautilus Diving Center
Ranked #8 of 33 Tours in Palau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Nautilus Diving Center is located right in the center of the seaside village of Palau in the north of Sardinia, Italy. Open since 1994, the Nautilus diving center offer daily diving from comfortable dive boat to more than 40 beautiful dive sites in Marine Park of La Maddelena, Palau and Lavezzi Reserve, Corsica. As a PADI 5* diving resort Nautilus Diving center offer a wide range of diving courses from beginner to professional level, diving speciality courses as well as the PADI Technical Diving course TECREC.Open from end of March till beginning of November.
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband and I had an incredibly great time diving with Nautilus dive centre. From the moment I sent my initial Email inquiry, Stephanie always responded promptly. She customized our dive package to include airport transfers and accommodation.

Our first day of planned dives was cancelled due to fierce winds and rough sea; Stephanie was a wealth of information recommending things to do and places to visit while in Palau!

Vinny and his team of dive instructors were extremely organized, attentive and catered to everyone’s skill level and language (German, French, Italian and English spoken on our trips). Our dive gear was always set up and changed out for each dive. Detailed briefings provided at each dive site with tea and snacks served between dives.

We struggled with the strong currents at Punta Zaretto returning from viewing the coral encrusted WWII engine propeller; Vinny promptly rescued us with the Zodiac.

Water temps in September were pretty good; better than I had expected. I tend to chill easy and the additional 5ml hooded shorty over top of my 5ml full length wetsuit worked comfortably well.

Stephanie and Vinny are a wonderful team, extremely dedicated to the sport and ensuring a phenomenal experience for all their clients. Without a doubt, we will return and can recommend Nautilus Diving Centre to others!

Their souvenir Natilus Diving Centre T-shirts made great gifts for family of divers waiting back at home.
Dagmar and Philip Chan, Calgary, Canada

3  Thank Dagmar C

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I had the holiday planned for last year but had to cancel shortly before - they transferred the whole deposit to this year (which I think was very nice of them) and when I was finally able to come, it was not cheap but in all ways really superb.
Nice boat, very helpful staff, made me feel weird when they even insisted on swapping the air tanks themseves. All the diving locations were very nice. I did four days of diving total, two dives per day. All equipment was rented for me (I came on a motorbike). They were all not only completely professional but also very friendly.
The "vilettes" were just about the nicest accomodation I've ever had, of the non-hotel type. Spacious, clean, including a kitchen, fridge, nice bathroom, fireplace, two patios and a well-kept garden (including an occasional turtle passing through!) around. When the hot water boiler broke, the owner had it replaced immediately. Only thing to keep in mind is that they are located outside town - it is an easy 30-minute walk to the port though, and to offset this you get a really peaceful location, not to mention the garden.
I very much hope to come again, and in fact to bring others with me, just to show off the great place I have found. Thanks, Stephanie and everyone!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I am just return from my second Padi couse with Nautilus; the Open Water course I held in June of this years with Nautilus and now, in September, due to my previous positive experince with them I just finish the Advance Open Water.
With Nautilus I apreciate the frendly ambient as well as their professionality, and again I wish to thank both Vincenzo and Matt for the help they gave me during the second dive of the open water course, where I got in panic and I was ready to give up everithink; they help me really a lot by choosing the right words and the right motivation to proceed...

So, if you are looking for a professional, international and frendly place, Nautilus is the right choice...

And if you are Italian, nessun problema Vincenzo vi spieghera’ tutto quello che si deve sapere per la vostra immersione o per il vostro corso....

Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I have just returned from completing the Open Water PADI course with Nautilus in Sardinia. The whole course was well organised and planned, from arriving to watch the theory videos through to the last open water dive. We were very impressed with the professionalism and friendliness of all of the staff and the fact that we had one instructor (Matt Hutchinson) for the two of us. As neither of us had scuba dived before this was invaluable. Matt was an excellent instructor - calm and reassuring whilst moving the programme at our pace. Palau has lots of good dive sites nearby giving a wide range of choice regardless of weather conditions. I recommend Nautilus to anyone new to scuba diving or who wants to simply enjoy further diving.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I dived with Nautilus with a work party (John Lewis). Vinnie was a good dive master, took us to 9 dive sites and we had a great time. Well organised, safe, well briefed and also a great atmosphere on the boat. Easy to get that with a crowd that already knew each other, but Vinnie helped too. Thoroughly recommended, I'm looking forward to going back.