Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews orso our honeymoon sea view beautiful location sea water fabulous hotel costa smeralda sun loungers relaxing week lovely beach pasta mario capo harpist boat rosa sardinia
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2009

I have a very busy work life in which I spend a lot of time in top class hotels and travelling around the world. So the very last thing I want is a holiday in a hotel... unless it is the Capo D'Orso. My wife and I have stayed there five times! Perfect for a couple but not for young kids. It is difficult where to start with the praise. Do I start with the way the hotel is blended naturally into the landscape and surrounded by beautiful flowers, planting, butterflies and hummingbird moths which means a mid-afternoon stroll around the grounds will always lift your spirits? Or perhaps with the friendly but professional staff who greet you as a friend and are always attentive and mention how they remember not only your preferences but conversations from one year to another? Or perhaps the food which is locally sourced delicious and always presented in a surprising way and encourages you to be adventurous? And how it’s best to have a light lunch in order to really savour the delicious meals eaten in the atmospheric atmosphere of a restaurant under ancient olive trees and the stars? I think I should start with the spectacular view of the bay, which it is well worth waking early to see the sun rise over. And the tranquility of the sandy beach which is reached via a charming rocky path from the hotel. No I've changed mind I should definitely begin by telling you about how the uplifting harp music at breakfast sets you up for a day of quiet and peaceful tranquility. No I'm wrong. My first comment should be about the amazing view of the natural stone bear at the top of the hill against the setting sun as you return from an exhilarating day trip to the islands on the hotel's private schooner. Definitely the first thing to emphasise is the spa with the wonderful staff and the exercise sessions in the pool to work of the delicious dinners. I have decided. I will not tell you about any of it because I think the Capo D'Orso is a jewel which should really be kept secret...

Date of stay: August 2006
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank SardiniaFan5
Reviewed 25 February 2009

It was amazing, relaxing, wondeful, superb and brilliant. One of my best holidays!

Date of stay: June 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2008

The best location and facilities combined with some of THE best food I have ever had in Italy. Friendly unpretentious helpful staff and will be back again next year...

Date of stay: September 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank IrelandOnamission
Reviewed 30 September 2008

To celebrate my wife's birthday and our wedding anniversary we booked the hotel from a holiday brochure. Having just returned here are our comments. Warm welcome on arrival from staff. Excellent room overlooking bay. Well worth the extra money. The food in the Pagura restaurant is excellent. Be warned! Try not to eat lunchtime so as to enjoy the 4 courses. Being a five star hotel the drinks price reflected this. The cheapest wine started at 20euros, with beer at 5 to 8 euros a glass. In all descriptions of the hotel in brochures the Thallaso pool is shown but be warned it costs 30 euros per person for either morning or afternoon session although this includes a turkish bath but as our visit was at the end of the season with variable weather it wasn't worth it. I would advise having a car to visit the surrounding area such as the archapelago of Madellana on the reasonably priced ferries. A good beach area with free beds and towels. All in all a lovely hotel in a very good setting.

Date of stay: September 2008
1  Thank hindse
Reviewed 20 August 2008

I found this hotel almost by chance. It is located at the tip of Capo d'Orso, in a lovely setting right on the sea. Away from all the fuss from the typical 5* hotels in Porto Cervo. The surrounding area is amazing, with a private beach and a couple of pools. Handy is also the small port where you can rent small boats for the day. The manager, as the rest of the staff, was extremely helpfull. Maybe some bits here and there can look tired, but for sure I will go back!

Date of stay: August 2008