Palau is a good starting point to explore the Costa Esmeralda. La Madalenna Island is nearby, interesting little town, beaches some kilometers away, not as expensive as Porto Cervo, and more typical of Sardegna.
The hotel has comfortable rooms, well prepared for those who go to the beaches. Welcoming, friendly and very professional staff. Good breakfast. Very well situated. Lacks some ammenities, but these are not utterly necessary by seaside (swimming pool, for instance, restaurant in the hotel). You can drink something or have a snack at the hotel bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 4-star hotel overlooking the harbour is a 5-minute walk from the main beaches. Parking is free from late September until April.The rooms are decorated with traditional Sardinian-style furniture and light colours. Some rooms offer views of the harbour, which links to La Maddalena Archipelago. Wi-Fi is free throughout.The café and breakfast bar is situated on the ground floor next to the hall. Coffee, aperitifs, and cocktails are served in a refined atmosphere inspired by the seafaring world.La Vecchia Fonte's courteous staff can assist you throughout your stay in Palau. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your La Vecchia Fonte Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Vecchia Fonte Palau
- La Vecchia Fonte Hotel Palau
- La Vecchia Fonte Hotel Sardinia/Palau