Just returned from the Polynesia hotel on the 10th September. Firstly I would like to state that this was not a bad holiday, with the room very good, the food great, and the service great, ample sunbeds without the need to get up early and claim, water park a shuttle bus away for a change of scenery was good, however would like to point out a few misconceptions and clarify some of the facts v the brochure!!
1. The beach was a shuttle bus ride down the hill (guess at 1/4 mile) and then you had to walk 400m to a part of the beach that was habited by normal holiday makers (not the Spanish with towels on the beach). This also meant negotiating 50 steps up and down, not for the faint hearted:(
2. The "good with kids" actually meant this, as whilst i have no objections to children having raised 3 girls, my wife and I were overwhelmed by the sheer volume of buggies and under 5's, not sure if we were unlucky but never witnessed such a vast amount!! (one of the nippers left a present in the pool on Thursday and closed the pool for the day....lovely).
3. Everthing without exception had a deposit attached- 10 Euros for tv remote, 2.25 Euros per day for the safe, 15 Euros for the loan of the golf clubs, 5 Euros per hour for the spa (not refundable), 15 Euros for each beach towel.....and I am sure there must have been more that I was unaware of?
4. The entertainment was lacking somewhat, and as there was nothing around the hotel you either had to catch a bus or taxi to Benalmedena town or Fuengerola to escape the drivel that was served up.........excruciating search for a star with the children- must have been 25- yes 25 under 5's all pretending to be special (had to laugh at the amount who did gymnastics that turned out to be forward rolls, or cartwheels!!!). In the day the entertainment consisted of things like pool bingo a game where the balls were chucked in the pool and then passed back when the numbers were called??? Archery, darts, pellet gun shooting and water basket (once), all insipid stuff!!
One pointer- the back bacon was only cooked with the omlette chef.....found this half way through the holiday.
Would recommend to young families that do not want to travel around, as very good value for money, but not for the adults that want a quietish holiday.......
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Polynesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Polynesia Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol
- Holiday Polynesia Hotel Benalmadena