Holiday Polynesia
  • Breakfast included
Apartamentos Ronda(Fuengirola)
  • Beachfront
2,679 results
All reviewsbeach clubwater parkthe wow factorkids clubshuttle busuru wokbreakfast barjunior suitethomson repsstunning hotelbuffet restaurantevening entertainmentchocolate fountainhotel poolgames roommain restaurantpiano bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Hotel is a lovely family hotel - we stayed at Easter at a bargain price, so really enjoyed the quality of the food, rooms, spa and splash park. Being so early in the season the evening entertainment was poor and the entertainment area lacked atmosphere. For the price paid we got a great break but I wouldn't pay the high prices they charge in the summer. No where to walk to in the evenings, which was ok for the time of year. We would return again at the right price.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank cumbriamc
JOSEFA C, Gerente at Holiday Polynesia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time and living us your feedback.

It is a pleasure for us to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you here again very soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We originally came here in August 2010 but I wasn't on TripAdvisor at the time, however I recently came back to Hotel Polynesia, so I guess that says quite a lot about our opinion of the place!!

We went in the last week of July 2013, it wasn't in any way overcrowded, there were enough free chairs and loungers. It did start to get slightly busier toward the end of our week, I guess more schools must have been breaking up.

The entire hotel has a Polynesian theme, and it's very well done. There's a large aviary, turtle pool, indoor water areas with fish etc.

There were 6 of us in total, so we had 3 "junior suites" which is their standard room, these are quite spacious with a nice kitchen/diner/living area, large balcony, bathroom with shower and bath (and bidet if you're into that type of thing!!). The bedrooms have two beds pushed together, each of which is probably what you'd call a large single or a small double. The couch in the living area can also be converted into a bed, so you could get up to 4 people per room if needs be.

Outside there is a decent size pool, and just as importantly for me (sun=burn), plenty of chairs and tables in the shade. There is also a small jacuzzi tub and outside mini-golf.

The all-inclusive food is great, massive selection, and there's a theme that changes every night, you can also get food cooked to order such as pork loin, steak, sea bass, fish kebabs …
A waiter shows you to a table (inside or outside on the terrace, your choice), and it's not like some of the other manic free-for-alls that you can expect at other all-inclusives.

As part of the all-inclusive you also get one free meal at one of their restaurants, we went to Uru Wok, it's a buffet with a difference - you select the raw ingredients for your stir fry (beef, chicken, veal, prawn, squid, vegetables) and give it to the chef with your choice of sauce (soy, garlic, sambal, spicy, etc). Similar to a Mongolian BBQ if you've ever done that.

In the daytime by the pool there is a small snack buffet consisting of salad, hot dogs, burgers, chips, pizzas, chicken nuggets, cakes, ice creams. And a full bar - what else could you want!!

At night, there is outdoor entertainment on a main stage which to be honest I wasn't really interested in, I just enjoyed the free drinks (and cocktails!!) and chill out in the evening air.

The games room is great for the kids (and let's face it we're all kids at hearts), lots of pool tables, arcade games, small bowling alley.

We also did the Spa one day, it was 5 euros per person per hour but you have access to the indoor pool, the spa pool (jacuzzis etc), sauna, turkish baths, roman baths, steam room, and various assortments of Swedish/Swiss showers (this is where you have a main shower at the top with water jets up the side, and they vary in temperature).

We ventured out for a couple of afternoons/evenings, one afternoon to Fuengirola, one night to Benalmadena Puerto Marina. You can get to both of these destinations very easily and cheaply by bus or taxi (taxi is only 12euro).
Fuengirola has lots of shops, bars and restaurants, and a nice beach to stroll along.
Puerto Marina is a bit higher class, lots of yachts and nice restaurants. We went to Jacks American Brasserie as we fancied something along the lines of TGI Fridays.

So … was it all worth it?
For three rooms and six people it worked out at roughly £850 per person for a week, including flights, which I felt was very good value indeed!!

Room Tip: Get the bus and go to Marbella/Benalmadena/Fuengirola/Puerto Banus for a day out to break up the holiday.
2  Thank M_Rockatanski

Dear M_Rockatanski,

We are pleased to hear that we were able to please all members of your family.

Your kind words will be shared with all the staff as it motivates them to keep on offering good service.

Thanks for the feedback and hope to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I can honestly say that we arrived at the hotel very worried that we would all be unwell and would not enjoy our holiday after reading an array of negative comments on trip advisor. As a family we always stay in four star accommodation and were not disappointed with our stay at the hotel Polynesia. Staff were friendly and approachable. Our room was comfortable but a little dusty, something which was possibly made more noticeable due to dark wood within the apartment. Bathroom facilities were excellent and we received clean towels every day. You did have to get up early in the morning to reserve sun beds but I have never stayed in a hotel where this hasn't been an issue. Bins around the pool area were regularly emptied and the pool area was kept clean. Poolside toilets weren't particularly clean. These were open all day and evening and we all chose to use the toilet facilities within our apartment as an alternative to these toilets due to concern regarding their cleanliness. Lifeguards were extremely vigilant and I feel they were justified not allowing large inflatable toys in the pool as these would definitely obstruct their view. I feel parents should be more concerned with their children's safety rather than giving them an inflatable which could prove potentially hazardous.

Daytime entertainment took place each day and although it was repetitive the team tried hard to motivate people to join in. The evening entertainment was poor and should be improved. Music was reparative and you could almost predict what the next track would be but we found this amusing rather than annoying.

Food was on the whole very good. There were a few occasions during our ten day stay when we struggled to find something we all enjoyed but we never went hungry. I disagree with comments made regarding poor food quality and regularly observed kitchen staff replace food that may have been around for a little while. There was a choice of meat and fish both day and night and I think some people enjoy writing negative reviews for the sake of it. Maybe they are trying to claim money back from the holiday company?

I would visit again. If I could change anything it would probably be cleanliness of poolside toilets and evening entertainment. If you are about to go on holiday to the Polynesia I would say go and enjoy yourselves and ignore negative comments left by others. Some people really will complain about anything.

3  Thank Family418

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and leaving your feeback.

We appreciate the feedback as we can use the information to improve our services.

We have taken on board your comments and these will be passed onto the various departments who may be interested.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Do not listen to all the negative reviews on this hotel, they are all a load of rubbish. This family hotel is amazing. I travelled with my partner and 2 young children (aged 1 and 5) on the 23rd July for 10 days. The hotel itself looks beautiful, it is a huge hotel set on a complex of 3 hotels which all share the beach club water park. The bedrooms are massive, our room had 2 queen size beds, a double bed settee and a cot for our baby. There was also a kitchenette and a large balcony overlooking the sea. The hotel pool is plenty big enough, it does get busy at times but this adds to the atmosphere, especially for the kids. The all inclusive package is good, drinks are plenty in choice and the lager is excellent:) I used the gym a few times and it has everything you need, it is free to use dispite what some comments on here say! The buffet restaurant has everything you could wish for, lots of range, all cooked well. My family ate like kings. The speciality restaurants are even better so a visit to these are a must. The beach club is brill also, make sure you book to eat down there. The beach club is only a 10 min walk from the hotel and they provide a shuttle bus every 5 minutes for those that cant be bothered walking. The night time entertainment is as good as you would expect in Spain, the kids enjoyed it which is the main thing. There is an onsite shop which sells everything and is well priced. Staff are extremely helpful. The only negatives I can think of is that it is slightly out of the way and a taxi is needed into the town and on certain days the main pool was a bot cold for our 1 year old. This didn't bother us as you only wait 2 mins for a taxi anyway. I would definately return to this hotel. We had a great holiday and it was well worth the money.

Room Tip: ask for a room that does not overlook the stage area, shows go on until near midnight and I would imagine it is very noisey at that side of the hotels
1  Thank Hutchy3234

Dear Guest,

We are very grateful for you recent feedback.

It is always a pleasure to read that we have made our guests happy as it is what we set out to do for all our guests.

Tank you very much for the feedback and we hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 4 August 2013

This was our second visit to the Polynesia and, with the exception of the evening entertainment, had a fantastic time.
Our check-in was very quick & though our rooms weren't ready this was not a problem as we had family staying there too so made use of their room til ours was ready. As we were returning guests we had contacted the hotel directly requesting if possible four adjoining sea view rooms. We weren't adjoining but all on same floor, which meant kids could safely go from room to room, & we all had sea views. Another lovely touch was the bottles of Semisecco as returning guests. A couple in our party also celebrated a wedding anniversary & were kindly given a bottle of Cava.
The hotel was in the main spotless, the notable exception being the pool toilets but must be nigh on impossible to keep clean with people using them whilst soaking wet. You also have people who have questionable standards of cleanliness, I like to treat a place like I would at home & wouldn't dream of leaving toilet paper lying on floor & leaving worse lying in shower trays. This isn't a fault of the hotel just a few clientele. The pool is adequate & while people are complaining about inflatables not being allowed I would like to mention that twice I witnessed the lifeguards in action, had they not had a clear view of the swimmers in the pool I dread to think of the outcome. There is also a great deal of common sense used in that of course babies require flotation aids but their parents are accompanying them in the pool not leaving them to float about aimlessly & I also seen a special needs adult being allowed a ring without which she'd have no doubt drowned. There was 8 children in our group & not having inflatables was not an issue.
The food in the buffet restaurant was so-so. Monday nights for some reason it was pretty rank but no-one ever went hungry. Salad bar was fabulous & the themed nights were pretty good too. Loads of fruit always available & a good number of desserts too, don't eat dessert so can't say if they were any good personally but the rest of our party had no trouble eating them. Visited both speciality restaurants & was not disappointed. I'm puzzled by comments on here about the taking your choice of raw food to the chef to be cooked. I'm pretty certain that if you go to any Chinese restaurant the length & breadth of UK the ingredients will be laid out the same waiting on you ordering your Hoi Sin chicken or whatever not freshly diced especially for you. We were a party of 15 & no-one had a dodgy stomach, perhaps we're made of stronger stuff!
And so we come to the entertainment. Daytime was great but evening was dire, abysmal, downright dreadful. The hotel childrens entertainment team were brilliant but for some reason an external childrens entertainment team were brought in & they had a really strange idea of what's entertaining. The fact that the main man didn't speak English meant that a lot of time, humour & the flow of whatever story he was regaling was lost in the translation. Very poor. Last year there was games being played between kids & adult shows which were very good, they were gone this year & were sorely missed. The best entertainment by far was the hypnotist, there again, my husband & my sister in law took part in different weeks so watching them making fools of themselves was great fun.
So would we go back for a third time? Yes we would but can't. We are a family of five & can quite comfortably all fit into the huge, beautifully appointed room without tripping over each other. Sadly we are not allowed to share a room &, having no-one to come along with us next year, refuse to book two rooms on a point of principle. Shame.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank R1FDC

Dear Guest,

We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable holiday.

Thank you for your comments as we take on board all comments to help improve where necesary.

We hope to see you again soon,

Directora Holiday polynesia