We stayed for two weeks all inclusive. This was our first holiday abroad with our 5 and 3yr olds and our first holiday abroad in 7yrs. My 60yr old mother also came with us - we had two rooms.
Reception and foyer area really nice. Service received by receptionist really good - overall throughout the holiday the service received at reception desk was good.
The rooms were decorated o.k. The facilities in the room were good. Two large sized single beds and a large sofa bed. The kitchen well-equipped and had a fridge with small freezer bit at the top. The bathroom had a bath, bidet, toilet, two sinks, shower cubicle and shower in the bath. The room cleanliness was not great and the bathroom was really disgusting. The floor was covered in hair and dirt and this is probably the only reason why I wouldn't go back there. Also, around the outside of the toilet and the bottom of the bidet was dirt and wee stains which is completely unacceptable for whichever star rating in a hotel. There were quite a few hairs around the sinks and also in the bath. (Fortunately I had taken my antibac wipes!!)
The location isn't great as it's in between Benalmadena and Fuengirola but the courtesy bus down to the bottom of the complex is excellent and there are bus stops at the bottom of the hill in both directions and the bus only costs 1.25E. We did get a taxi to Fuengirola one evening which cost 15E each way, so not that cheap. The buses do get very busy and they seem to cram lots of people in standing up - the kids thought it was great!
The hotel is the smallest one of the three which we liked as it's less impersonal. The kids club was great and the kids couldn't wait to go everyday to see Nani, Leti and Daniel. All the entertainers work really hard. The shows in the evening are good - although the volume is loud and could do with turning down a little! The kids disco is great fun and finishes at 10pm, then they present certificates to people and kids who have won games during the day and then it's the adult entertainment. Jasmine does a really great job of co-ordinating everything. There is live music in the bar everynight too from 9pm - this wasn't great!
The pool is really nice although the water temperature was quite cold. It has two shallow ends and a deeper bit in the middle. It is tended everyday by Juan the Lifeguard who is lovely and very attentive to the kids. The Beach Club had good facilities although we didn't eat there. The water is the pools was quite chilly too. The hotel has a lovely indoor pool but this was also cold! They supply beach towels and you are given vouchers to get towels upon arrival. The girl working in the indoor pool is lovely and very friendly.
The restaurant and bar staff were all professional and nice. The food in the restaurant was great, lots of choice and plenty of fresh fruit. The choice of drinks were also great with brand names such as Smirnoff, Bacardi, Ballantines whiskey, London Gin and J&B.
We weren't aware of anybody being ill during our two week stay with bugs or anything and no-one poo'ed in the pool.
Overall I probably wouldn't return purely due to the cleanliness of the room however, we did have a lovely time despite that and we certainly weren't bored staying for two weeks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal hotel for holidays in family, couple or friends. Quiet, face to the sea on the andalusian coast, and a large program with diversified and diverting to enjoy it with the all inclusive formule. So get ready to test the Spanish Sun, tapas and Sangria! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Palace Hotel Benalmadena
- Holiday Palace Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol