spent a week at this hotel 23-30th sep with my partner and two children aged 10 and 2. Initially I had tried to book the first choice holiday villiage which is also on the same complex and the thomson holiday polynesia which is also on the same complex, all are part of holiday world, but as it was last minute was unable to get a booking. After reading the mixed reviews I thought it was people just being picky, ITS NOT!!!
The hotel itself is quite nice, the rooms are clean and are cleaned each day with fresh towels, the food was very average, most things were fish in sauce and chicken in sauces, there was a salad bar and dessert bar also but hardly anything for the kids apart from very cheap burgers, sausage and nuggets. The pool bars were not open as it was now not in season and snacks which consisted of the kids leftover burgers etc were 12-1 and 4-7. At this complex all hotels have use of the beach club which is pools and a couple of slides but was told when we arrived that the all inclusive was only deinks and not food as specified when I booked this holiday. This then meant having to go back to the hotel which was right at the top of the hill(although bus was provided).
The entertainment in this hotel only run from thursday to sunday and was all in spanish which was ok for the 90% of spanish people staying there, but no attempt was made to even repeat it in English, although the staff here were very nice. This holiday was advertised also when booking listing all the facilities of the other two holtels such as resteraunts and kids clubs which you cannot use any of there faciliies apart from go and watch their shows, but then you are unable to get a drink as they have different colour wristbands.
sorry that this email is quite long but I just wouldnt want another family to be dissapointed like we were, I would reccomend to book either of the thomson or first choice hotels on the complex tho from what I did see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal hotel for holidays in family, couple or friends. Quiet, face to the sea on the andalusian coast, and a large program with diversified and diverting to enjoy it with the all inclusive formule. So get ready to test the Spanish Sun, tapas and Sangria! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Palace Hotel Benalmadena
- Holiday Palace Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol