We stayed with our two girls (aged 18 & 20) self catering for one week, using 2 x 1 bed apartments. The apartments are a reasonable size but it would be a tight squeeze for 4 adults, okay if you have young children. The apartments overall are nice - clean, decently equipped, nicely decorated. There is only 2 rings, a micro-grill, toaster, kettle, fridge with ice box and a limited number of utensils etc - you can manage the basics but do really need to eat out if you want meals. The beds are clean and comfortable and the sofa bed is ok. The apartments have a balcony which is a decent size. The hotel, although busy was not noisy, the clientele was mainly Irish, Brits or Spaniards and mostly couples or families with young children. It is a clean, nicely decorated hotel - definately 4*. The overall facilities are really good - there's a wee shop (pricey), couple of bars, restaurant, indoor and outdoor pools, spa facilities, gym, kids club, launderette, hair/beauty salon and entertainment. The entertainment and activities day and night was really quite good - hard working and enthusiastic staff. Overall, the staff in this hotel are really pleasant and make you feel welcome. The hotel is a bit more expensive than some others in the area, but I would say you get what you pay for. We only ate in twice and both times the food was fine. The entertainment in the Disco Bar was good although it empties around 11, and there were activities every day for adults and kids. In terms of location, it is in a quiet area away from the main tourist areas however this means there's no problems with noise, drunken teens or the street sellers. The one down side is it is up a really steep hill and you might need transport to get to the marina etc. There are however short cuts - via the garage or the back gate which makes the walk do-able if you are reasonably fit and healthy. There are two decent supermarkets nearby, as well as Burger King, a selection of nice wee restaurants (Spanish, Mexican, Indian, Italian and British). The real beauty of this hotel is it is a place you could easily stay in all week and chill out but it is also well located for seeing the rest of the Costa del Sol, buses to Malaga, Fuengirola etc are really regular and really cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal hotel for holidays in family, couple or friends. Quiet, face to the sea on the andalusian coast, and a large program with diversified and diverting to enjoy it with the all inclusive formule. So get ready to test the Spanish Sun, tapas and Sangria! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Palace Hotel Benalmadena
- Holiday Palace Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol