“Fantastic meal.”

Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mexican cuisine, prepared fresh to your taste.
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Was there xmas eve, 2013, initially we thought it was closed as we couldnt open the door, but it was just stiff, the restaurant wasn't busy so we got a table ok, nice feel of the place, great service,
as it was xmas we were happy to spend a bit of cash.
Had 2 pints of lager with the starters, quesadillas and a spicy potato dish with chilly and jalapeños and sour cream, bloody lovely and spicy.
Main course was 2 mixed grills, not cheap but we accepted that, have to say that it is not a british mixed grill, this is just chicken,lamb chops and STEAKS, but my god what STEAKS, absolutely fantastic and as for the lamb, best ever had ! Loved it, even hand cut chips. 69 Euros but that included a fantastic bottle of house Rioja and free Tequila shots. fantastic and a must visit, not easy to find but worth it, make the effort.

There are newer reviews for Tex Mex Bobby Peru

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Bobby Perus is a little of the main areas But well worth a visit ,
The food is excellent and the service is also
The Mixed Grill at 20 euro is possible the best value in Benalamedana
If I have a critisim the tall chap who brings the food to the counter could do with a shave every day,
We found the service good and a very good menu ,
worth a visit.
Ray R

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We have tried a few different Mexican restaurants around Benelmadena & always return here.

The food is good with ample portions & reasonably priced.

The Nachos Mountain starter is massive. The sizzling Chilli is superb, filled with lumps of steak & all portions are huge so make sure you are hungry when you come here.

A very popular restaurant which was packed any time we passed & also the nights we were here. On our last night the restaurant was full & we took the last table, but a 2 course meal was served with-in the hour.

Recommended.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We went here twice in our holiday the first time we had no complaints the food was great and the waiter who served us was very polite and attentive, The second time the food was ok but probably only because we ordered totally different things from the first time, The staff were a bit slower and not as good as the first time. Overall we would go back for a meal if we are ever passing again.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Firstly important to note I have eaten at this restaurant at least 10 times over the last few years having a property in the area and as a family with keen appetites for Mexican food. Only three years ago this place was a real gem with great fun, family orientated service even when the place was busy. Aside from this the food was excellent- quality ingredients, zesty flavours with that authentic Mexican zing which made us return time and time again.

Now, however it couldn't be further from this. I visited in late June and thought I must have got it on a bad day, so we gave it another chance and visited again 10 days later. Where do I start? Completely uninterested staff who left us waiting but the door for a table. On the first visit I asked if we could get a table for 4 and was told I needed to speak with "the blonde girl at the bar" which was at the far end of the restaurant. Important to note as well that my visit was on a Wednesday around 9.30pm and it was nowhere near full. No request for drinks, then told I couldn't amend my order as their ordering system didn't allow it, waiting for plates to be cleared, no cutlery etc. very frustrating as I know what this place used to be like.

The food itself was just dull. No real zing and covered in the most appalling artificially tasting "cheese" sauce. Tried one of our party's chilli and it whilst we enjoyed the texture of the meat it just tasted like it was from a jar. Being able to compare it to how it once was makes it even more frustrating as you want it to be like it was.

All in all I'm sad to say I won't be back which I didn't expect ever to be saying. It's just said it had to end the way it did.

1  Thank DavMag