“I love this place!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Spacious Penthouse

Pool in the garden with winter cover. The pool, 9 metres X 5m is 2.5m deep at one end. Outside Terrace of the Penthouse
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Outside Terrace of the Penthouse
Roof solarium
Looking south-west at midday
Roof solarium looking south-east.
Steps to the Penthouse from  Ground Level.
Spiral to Roof Terrrace.
Penthouse terrace
Penthouse terrace
Kitchen and dining area
Fissler Kitchen Set
Entrance door, kitchen and dining area.
Sitting area as seen from the emperor-size bed.
Sitting Area
View of the station from window.
Local bar set on the water's edge
Local restaurant
Local beach
Urbanisation private leisurepark- tennis courts with pool beyond
Cafeteria along the beach promenade.
From roof looking east at twilight.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“I love this place!”
Reviewed 10 January 2016 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

This was my second visit to the villa, and wont be my last. I found this little gem a couple of years ago, and was perfect for me. I'm a late middle aged lady who likes to holiday alone, be absolutely lazy and just enjoy the sun. Andre's is perfect for me. It is a self contained part of his home, but he's only about if you need him.
There's lots of english tv channels, free wifi, and a big roof terrace all to yourself. The pool is lovely and you dont have to share it with endless gangs of happy holidaying children.
Yes there are steps at the villa, but pictures show them accurately, my health's not great, but I manage them ok, and the ones up from the station which is just down the hill from the villa.
The cooking facilities are adequate for the average holidaymaker. As I travel alone, I usually eat in every night, and have never failed to cook what I wanted to,
I've found the flat clean and tidy on both occasions that I've stayed, and I really enjoy the home from home feeling that the flat has.
Looking forward to rebooking for a week in 2016.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Susan and...
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Fantastic holiday...fantastic host......great accommadation”
Reviewed 21 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

This property is as advertised, and fantastic value for money we had a lovely relaxing holiday with views from the rooftop second to none, the railway station is close so making it easy to go discover area. We did not use the pool as it was too cold despite the good weather we had mid 20s everyday (being November) however it was still maintained and available for use.
The property is well equipped with free wi fi and tv .
Andre go's over and above taking us to supermarket and to at the same time gave a well informed tour of the area recommending places to eat and visit along with best place to exchange money.
We book this early 2015 and reviews were all good however just before going on holiday we read some terrible reviews giving us cause for concern however we found no problem so things have improved or reviews unfounded?

Liked best: Quiet location
Liked least: nothing
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Jackiebea...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Benalmadena Trip”
Reviewed 21 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

Never experienced anything like this and my husband an I have been to a few places. Let me begin FILTHY DIRTY SMELLY to say but a few. When we arrived in Benalmadena we were greeted at the train station by Andre the owner of the Penthouse in what I would only describe a battered and filthy old jeep full of tools and bits of wood in the boot and then the best was yet to come he opened the jeep door to let us in and to mine and my husbands horror the seats were covered in dog hair and the smell(well you can imagine) we then arrived at the apartment and were greeted by two dogs not that that would of been a problem because we have our own pet dog but all there dropping were everywhere and the smell was disgusting. The apartment was filthy the bed was broken we spent about 1 hour cleaning and trying to get it to our standards but then decided we had to get out because we weren't getting anywhere so we went online an booked a hotel thank god there were still some available. The Apartment was a great size and with lots of care and attention it could be a great place to stay but in its present condition not recommended although Andres intentions are good he needs to inform people that he also has 9 cats in his house below and people may find the smell offensive like we did. Plus we paid an £80 deposit for a 1 hour stay and never got that back.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: nothing
Liked least: everything
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Julia2358
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay-Highly Recommended”
Reviewed 21 September 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We have being staying in this lovely apartment for many years. We travel all over the world but this remains our favourite. The accommodation is clean and extremely comfortable. the views are to die for. whenever we have arrived the apartment is spotless and the. bedding is always clean and fresh. There is a wonderful patio area on the same level and on the higher level yet another area for sunbathing. On a clear day the views are amazing. We had Sky television and Wi Fi connection.
The owner Andre is most welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. He meets his guests from the train and takes them to the supermarket.
I was horrified when I read the previous review. Yes there are cats there but they are very well behaved and in our visits I have never seen an area that is at all messy. In fact we very rarely see the cats while we are there. All we can say is if you want a relaxing holiday in glorious surroundings, private swimming pool and peace and quite then listen to our review and not the previous one.
Maybe they bought too much alcohol at the the supermarket and were not seeing things to clearly or maybe this is their hobby to stay at places and write reviews that are untrue!!!!!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peace and quite
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
kerbear24...
hull
“DONT BOTHER !!!!”
Reviewed 17 September 2015 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

arrival perfect was picked up at the station by owner then taken to large supermarket up the road then taken to penthouse ..We were taken up some stairs but first passing a lot of cats an cat mess .. We were shown our barbi an it was filthy an full of cobwebs .The whole place was full of dust weeks old no air con an only one fan .My partner sat on the bed an it broke but was easily fixed by the owner strait away ..We were then asked to go up some outdoor spiral stairs to check out the. sun area which we did excitedly it was covered in cat poo an the table an chairs an loungers were not fit to sit on ..We were then shown the pool passin alongside a narrow path next to the house full of cat mess an hissing cats the pool was totally filthy with alsorts of bugs in it ..On our first night it was so hot we opened a window an I was covered from head to toe in bites we stayed for two nites an had to find a hotel .............

Liked best: location perfect
Liked least: the cat mess
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
19 Sep 2015
Those holidaymakers stayed in the flat exactly one year ago i.e. in September 2014, Why wait one year to write the review?
I cannot admit that a year ago my 8 cats were out of control because 4 of them are always indoors having 4 toilets at their disposal. They are all trained not to cross over the gate leading to the flat upstairs. The other 4 have the front and back gardens at their disposal. Perhaps a cat hissed because it got hit. I cannot remember the incident about the bed because it never occurred again.
I doubt that cats toilet residues were to be seen but yes the cleaner did find some on the roof terrace but again action was taken and it did not happen again. I think that it may have been a stray visiting. Spiders are very quick at making a web. The pool is vacuum cleaned weekly but on a windy day leaves can be found floating on the surface.
It was found that since we are on a crest of a hill air conditioning is not a necessity, especially late in September 2014, it is expensive to run and to instal but I shall have it for 2016. We do not suffer from mosquitos but should one get into the flat I have a mosquito net, sprays, electric burners, electric plugin devices etc.
I cannot remember the move to the hotel, it would have been the first such occurrence since I came to Spain.
I like to beleive, confirmed by many clients, some coming yearly, that I offer very good value for money, I have made many friends and appreciate to be informed of anything negative like this review, even if one year late. He obviously has a better memory than me.
ronandjul...
Boldon, United Kingdom
“Just what we wanted”
Reviewed 22 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

We visited Feb 15 half term. The transport links are excellent and it only took 22 minutes on the train from the airport. The property is very private and we greatly enjoyed the solarium. We found the accommodation to be clean and well equipped. The UK TV facility was ideal for staying-in on the colder Feb evenings. Andre couldn’t have been more helpful and is a very nice chap. We intend to return.

William C
“would reccomend this accom.great value for money roof terrace amazing private pool public transport 3miinsevery thing ha”
Reviewed 16 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Will certainly be back I in the future lovely accom. Everything handy great wee British pub tapas bars nice restaurants. Short walk to great beaches trains on the doorstep running like clockwork public tennis courts and outdoor public pool in lovely little park 5mins from door all in all a lovely place to wind down and chill iif your a walker you won't find a better area. Great area for streaching those legs all round an excellent holiday location

Management Response
17 Feb 2015
We are lucky to have found this well located property in the best spot of the Costa del Sol and that it is so appreciated by the holiday makers. We keep our prices as low as possible to ensure maximum occupancy, thus pleasing as many visitors as possible with some returning every year.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing