“We couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding dinner”

Restaurante La Fuente
Ranked #9 of 681 Restaurants in Benalmadena
Price range: US$0 - US$38
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Innovative international cuisine served in one of the oldest and most enchanting buildings in Benalmadena Pueblo.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“We couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

When we decided to get married in Spain there was only one place we wanted to take our closest friends and family for a wedding meal - La Fuente. We have been visiting Benalmadena for a few years and never miss at least one trip to this gorgeous restaurant while we are there. In the run up to the wedding I couldn't have asked for more from the owners Lin and Bob. In fact, Lin became my unofficial wedding planner...my 'lady on the ground' in Spain! The theme for our wedding was black, white and red polka dots and Lin bent over backwards to ensure that everything was in theme and looked perfect for the big night. We agreed the menu - which contained some of the restaurants' regulars and well as some new specials - and a big THANK YOU to the chef Fionnula for pandering to my specific taste in veggies!! Fionnula also made the wonderful chocolate, lemon and ginger wedding cake - all in the theme of course! Lin created bespoke menus for each person - a perfect souvenir! The meal was delicious and all cooked, expertly served and wonderfully presented by the team at La Fuente - Jose, Martin, Benjamin, Luca, Ali and Fionnula. And of course we had to do the mandatory wedding balcony kiss!! I would recommend this restaurant for any occasion and we will definitely be back...with less specific requirements next time! Thanks Lin, Bob and everyone!

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank CazNDave79

• Finnish first
Dublin
“great restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

Really enjoyed the food in this restaurant, they actually serve "proper" veggies (i.e. NOT out of a jar!) and the food is really well presented. We visited twice in two weeks, first time I had the black pudding starter (I'm slightly addicted to this dish in Spain!) and main course I went for the Chicken & Chorizo casserole - it was a lot thicker than I expected and I was sorry I didn't go for something else, although it was really tasty and filling. Other half had the sardines to start (neither of us thought the sardines went particularly well with the tomato) and the cod wrapped in ham - which was delicious also, a really generous portion of cod. We skipped dessert and had 2 bottles of wine and 2 coffees - the coffee wasn't great, but the wine was lovely, the waiter said he would have recommended the one we picked and it was only 16.50 per bottle. On our second visit, we went for the set menu which is 25 per person for 3 courses and includes a half bottle of wine - this menu is well worth the money and I can highly reccomend the simple but very tasty starter of bruschetta followed by the lamb - divine! Overall, a lovely place, nice to sit outside (on first visit) and inside too (on second). Wouldn't hesitate to return

1 Thank DubDimples
Tilburg
“Good food in a very nice and relaxing location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

Restaurant Fuente is located on the plaza Espana in the old town of benalmadena. Plaza Espana is a small square with a little fountain in the middle. Its just very nice and takes you away from the more touristy benalmadena beach sides. No waiters trying to talk you in is always a relieve to me.

Now the food itself. I thought is was very good. Had a nice starter with baked goat cheese and for main we shared the fishfood for 2. Which was lovely. But in all honesty it was nothing spectacular so i cant agree on all the five stars given.

2 Thank Poolaap
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

I had lunch with friends at La Fuente and enjoyed it very much. Calm and courteous service from out waiter Kenny, great food and delighful ambience. We chose from the lunchtime Tapas menu which was varied, tasty and good value. The location is in the heart of the old Pueblo away from the busy tourist bustle of the costa and you can quietly watch the world go by. If you plan to visit Benalmadena this is a "must go" restaurant.

Bizilizzi

Cardiff
“The perfect setting for a wedding reception (2)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

My husband Mike and myself and our 38 guests (friends and family) wish to fully endorse the comments made by Michael & Lynn Wood (June 2011) following their daughter's wedding reception at La Fuente.Our daughter Caroline and her husband Dave held their official wedding meal at La Fuente on 24 August, where we had exclusive use of the restaurant. We sat outside on the terrace overlooking the beautiful square on a perfect hot Summer's evening. The whole wedding was themed in red, black and white polka dot and the ownersBob & Lin had decorated the terrace and the dining tables perfectly in this theme. The food (as always at La Fuente) was amazing and the staff (Jose, Finnula, Luca, Martin, Benjamin & Ali) really pulled out all the stops to ensure the evening was all that we had hoped for (and more). We are regular visitors to La Fuente and can honestly say that we could not have picked a better restaurant to celebrate Caz & Dave's wedding.Many thanks to you all for a most memorable evening (especially the "wedding balcony"!)
Ros & Mike Chown