“Perfect location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pierre & Vacances Residence Benalmadena Principe
Sundsvall
“Perfect location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is newly refurbished and the rooms are nice and quite big. The beds were OK. The kitchenarea is big enough to prepare breakfast and snacks. It's very good to have a refrigerator to store drinks in the heat! The poolarea is clean and nice. Parking in the garage was quite expensive, there are free parkingslots in the street. Wifi was not for free, not even in the receptionarea.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank JinxR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Polish first
Renfrew
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is my 4th stay here. I've loved all my stays but this time I felt the place was in need of some improvement. The rooms are a little tired, especially the bathrooms. Quite mouldy and broken shower screens. We also had a broken ironing board but when we reported it, they gave us an extra iron!!! The maid service was very poor too. Only visited once in our weeks stay. The staff however are very helpful and the girl who checked us in remembered us from our last visit. Please do not waste your money on the wifi. We paid €20 for wifi for the week and the only signal we could get was in the kitchen. It only allows you to log in to 1 device at a time. We had 3 tablets with us and could only use 1 at a time. Not good when you have kids. Every deviceis charged at €20 for a week. In this day and age and kids with their iPads, this needs to be addressed.

Sunbeds were a bit of a challenge too. There are signs up all over the place stating that " no sunbeds are allowed to be reserved and towels would be removed after 30 mins by the pool attendant". This never happened. Some days we could not get a bed as people had their towels done from 8am. Well if you can't beat them, join them (but only on our last day).

The shop at the bottom is very very pricey. Please use the supermarkets if you want your euros to go a bit further.

Restaurants I would recommend are Bar 76. A wee bit classier that your normal pub grub. Very good value for money and the staff are very accommodating and helpful. The Hong Kong Aberdeen is still the best Chinese by far but you need to book this as it's always full.

Tivoli again was tired and boring but the kids loved it. Very pricey too. It cost €8 each to get in then another €50 for wristbands. We did get out monies worth though.

I will be back next year as I know what I'm going to but first timers may be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JLC149
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed at this property for 10 days on 15th to 25th of july great stay and will be back. Very clean and staff where very helpful. Short walk to beach and bars and restaurants. Good for families, quiet

Review collected in partnership with Pierre & Vacances Center Parcs

5 Thank ymc2671
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We have been to this hotel twice, for ten days last year and seven days this year.
If you are looking for a busy hotel/apartment with lots of entertainment this is not for you, but if you want first class accommodation, facilities, staff and service in a great location, this is for you.

Fantastic

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Pierre & Vacances Center Parcs

4 Thank Joe F
Waterford, Waterford, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed at these apartments for 10 days, and I would rate them very highly. We had a 1 bedroom apt which were very spacious and spotless. The kitchen area has dishwasher, washing machine, and fridge freezer, everything you could possibly need for a 2 week break. Air conditioner worked brilliantly. The apartments are only a 2min walk from the beach, The pool at the apartments are very clean with life guard on duty from 12 - 8, they also have a special needs chair for getting in and out of the pool. There is a cafe on site which sells most kind of drinks and food. The marinia at the end of the prom is definitely worth a Vist.its about a 20 min walk, with lots of restaurants and bars with sea views on the way. The best restaurant was Toro at the marinia fabulous food and service. Overall very good apartments close to all amenities, I will be back

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less road noise
3 Thank Derek W
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This aparthotel has a 3star rating but should be 4star.
I stayed here with a friend 3 years ago.
Fab size and fully equipt, which makes it perfect for either a short stay or full winter break.
Very comfortable and definatly felt like a home from home.
Modern decor and i think my favorite feature of the apartment was probably the shower, youll see what i mean when you go yourself :).
Decent quiet location, enough bars in the area and only a short few minuets walk to the promanade, beach and shops to fill your fridge.
Around 10-15 mins walk to Paloma Park, a must visit.
Around 25 mins walk to the marina, everything you need is there, try the wok chinese buffet restaurant.
Buses are regular to Malaga city, Mijas and Fuenigrola, as well as other must see towns and attractions.
The Spa is lovely, as was the massages we had, just a shame you have to pay to use the spa, Think it was (£15) (massages - standard treatment prices).
The outdoor pool was closed as was out of season when we went, but nice, well sized, as was the outside space.
The staff where friendly but would liked to have been given hotel info pack with times, etc.
I will defo stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bekkipasstv
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

At present I am staying in this hotel, with my 16 year old daughter and my husband, my 16 year old is in a wheelchair, we did take this in to consideration when booking this hotel.
We ordered a hoist and paid 80 euros for two weeks to make life easier for mum and dad.
Unfortunately the bathroom is not big enough to swing a cat and the hoist would not fit, on day 1 my husband asked reception if they had another room with a wet floor area or a shower that was not enclosed enclosed inside the bath, , answer No but there hotels in Torromolinis did !!!!!! Not staying there.
I will point out the hotel did not know we were hiring a hoist, but in this day and age you would expect a hotel to have a disabled room?
I can not fault the hotel otherwise, I have read negative reports about the towels sheets etc not get ting changed every four to five days, self catering apartment with everything inside , including washing machine / dryer, use it I do.
Location is perfect and so is my view, sun until 6.30 which is a bonus.
The only other thing I could fault is we were going to use our hoist at swimming pool to put our daughter into but the pool appears to be full of Spanish adults and children, are they staying and paying, I really dont know, but I know we are.
My husband and I would certainly come back again as we have been twice before, unfortunately our daughter will be left at home in a place that will be able to accommodate disabled people.
I would have given this hotel 5 stars apart from the disabled bathroom situation .
Comments from the management welcome .

Room Tip: No wet floor disabled bathroom
1 Thank Jeanpratt69