“Fantastic”
Review of Hotel La Fonda

Hotel La Fonda
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We had four days staying at this beautiful hotel located just steps from the village square of Benalmadena Pueblo. The staff were friendly and the service excellent. Breakfast was really good offering a buffet style with the option for a cooked breakfast to order.
We will be going back again soon.

Room Tip: We upgraded to have a room with a balcony which had fantastic views.
3  Thank trvada

Reviewed 28 August 2014

STayed in this hotel for 4 night break mid August 2014. What a gem, Fantasic hotel and Staff amazing the little town of Pueblo is just perfect.

Staff really can not do enough for you right down to the cleaners. Rooms and the hotel spotless clean. I am in my early 30s and travelled with my mum mid 50's and it was great for 2 females always felt safe and away from the lively beach resorts. I would suggest that you use the local bus to export we went to Benalmadena marina one day it is approx. 1.55 euro per person each way its very busy and lots of shops. I was very glad I had picked to stay in Pueblo. Also went to Mijas by bus again only about 15mins by bus and a few euros pp each way. Lots to see and do . You can take a trip on donkey and cart or house and cart round the town of mijas and if you like shops you will be VERY happy. The leather items are amazing!!!!! But at the end of the day it was lovely to know that we would be returning to our little hotel of calm and relaxing . Hope to return in the very near future

Room Tip: We had room 105 it did not have a balcony but was right beside pool and very handy for the pool and...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank CoAntrimGirl
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

This was out third (or is it fourth?) time at La Fonda. As always everything was exceptional; the views, pool, sun terrace, happy hour mojitos and staff.

The staff in particular can't do enough for you; unfortunately I needed an emergency doctor one morning. My partner rang reception and they organised it all for us and bought the doctor to my room. In addition, as it was a Sunday, the staff also helped my partner locate the nearest open pharmacy for my prescription, ordered him a taxi and had already told the taxi man where to go in Spanish when the taxi arrived. The next day and every other day of the holiday, the reception staff asked how I was doing and how I was feeling. We bought them some wine on our last day to say thank you.

I have written reviews on this hotel before and there is soooo much more to this hotel but, this time, I think the staff at La Fonda deserve my rave review!!!!!

Thank you La Fonda..

Xx

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KB202
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Having been completely ignored at the highly rated La Fuenta restaurant for 30 mins, moved next door in the hope of a decent lunch - and was delighted that we did. Entering the hotel reception it is far from obvious where the restaurant actually is - but having ventured down the steps was firstly surprised by the spectacular view and then a gorgeous shady whitewashed patio full of lime and pomegranate trees. Was served quickly by the hugely friendly waiter and ordered a sizeable selection of really quirky tapas dishes. All but one were spot on - really tasty, unusual and incredibly cheap for a four star hotel - most were only a couple of Euros. Include a lovely miniature hambuger with tiny little chips that delighted one of the children. The 'red prawns' were described as grilled - but appeared to be raw so left those alone - but that was the only dip in an otherwise terrific selection of food. I believe this is a cooking school - so maybe the unusual nature and low prices is a reflection of new chefs learning their trade - either way we loved it and highly recommend it. They also do a choice of 6 course 'tasting' menus - so plan to go back one evening to give those a go - they look fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Had a great stay in La Fonda in early august. This is a fantastic hotel, the staff were amazing, nothing was a problem for them. The breakfast was really good and as a coeliac I was well catered for, which was great. It's very well located in the centre of Benalmedana Pueblo.
It's a very clean hotel with a nice pool and sun terrace to sun bathe on
We also had dinner in the hotel on one of the nights and it was absolutely top quality, we had the taster menu ( there was 3 choices ), it was great value and extremely tasty, again as a coeliac I was well looked after.
There's no doubt I return again if visiting the area

1  Thank scallioneater
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just back from our 6 night stay. After a Rocky start to our holiday we booked into this hotel at the last minute & the receptionist was more than accommodating for us (I never got her name). Staff are absolutely fantastic &will go out of their way for you. We had a lovely poolview room which was cleaned every day by the lovely cleaning staff. Breakfast was first class & plenty to choose from. We sunbathed on the terrace which has spectacular views of the coast. The only downside was we had to go home!!! We are already planning our next visit. We ate in el muro restaurant on our last night & it was the best we had all week. Its just a short trip from hotel approx 100 yards.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but the sea view is the most spectacular.
1  Thank kaz2326
Reviewed 10 August 2014

we both stayed at this hotel brillant staff breakfast excellent loaction lovely please god we both will be back every year or twice a year the la fonda hotel is set in the old town of benalmadena with amazing views

Room Tip: booked room 303
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gertie m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benalmadena
Hotel Pueblo - Boutique Hotel
Sunset Beach Club
#10 of 45 in Benalmadena
Hotel & Spa Benalmadena Palace
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Resort & Spa Reserva del Higueron

Been to Hotel La Fonda? Share your experiences!