“Great views but not much else.”

Teleferico Benalmadena
Ranked #4 of 66 things to do in Benalmadena
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I think it's worth the trip for the wonderful views, right over to the Sierra Nevada on a good day. However, there is not much else here, just a small and not very good cafe and toilet facilities. You can, if you are energetic enough, climb a bit higher than the Station.
Apparently there are falconry displays at 1pm and 5pm but we were there too early to catch these so don't know if they are worth watching or not.
Don't go too early, it doesn't open until 11am, last trip down at 7.15pm.
All in all it's worth the price for the 10 minute trip up and down, and the views from the top.

2  Thank TravellerVera

Reviewed 12 June 2014

you have to visit the eagle show, it's included in the price and the paths up to the highest points are available for kids and quite save

1  Thank Tom V
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I personally don't like heights so I spent my time on the floor, hiding :-) but my friends really enjoyed the views. There is an eagle display at the top which is brilliant, and the views are spectacular. Not too expensive at 13 euros each (which covers the cable car ride and the bird display)

1  Thank TAE2013
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Despite what you may think is a steep price you have the option of a wonderful bird of prey exhibition if your timings are right. Well worth the wait though, you will be amazed, it is very interactive, with both adults and children. The cable car gives some breathtaking views of the entire coast, not just Benalmadena.

2  Thank SammySix
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We visited the Teleferico in Benalmadena for our 3rd time on the 22nd of May, not having been since 2009, and expected our usual routine of- buy a ticket, get on cable car, enjoy the bird display at the top, and go for a quick walk up the steps at the top of the mountain....

However this time was not the case, if I had known at the time that there was an official "denuncia" book I would have used it to make a complaint!

When purchasing tickets, the woman in the ticket window must have dropped our tickets UNDERNEATH the movable ticket tray which goes under the window, only giving us the receipts and the guide for the cablecar audio commentary.

I asked if that was the ticket (thinking the receipt was the ticket) and was told "yes", upon reaching the cablecar we were turned away and told this was not the ticket.

We returned to the ticket office, and I explained in my intermediate level Spanish (having been learning it at night school) that she had not given us the tickets, she proceeded to accuse us of losing the tickets in the toilet or the café, which funnily enough we had not even visited, before telling us it wasn't her problem, but ours!

Finally after making us examine our pockets, she looked under the ticket tray and found one of the two tickets underneath it! Quelle surprise!

She then took us over to the cable car and told them (in Spanish) that we had lost our tickets, and what she thought of us, obviously not knowing I understood her almost perfectly, and her use of some VERY DEROGATORY SPANISH SLANG WORDS about us which the guy in the hut there found most amusing.

Would I go there again, probably not now. Incredibly rude woman that ruined our visit!

If you do go there, ENSURE YOU HAVE THE GREEN TICKET SLIP, and not just the receipt which looks like a ticket as it says (for 2 people) "Dos Entradas para Teleferico" also the price paid etc etc, which looks EXACTLY LIKE what you would expect a ticket to be!!!!!!

10  Thank BrightonBoi77