“fantastic family holiday”

Hotel Los Patos Park
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Just returned from the los Patos, me my wife and our 2 children had a excellent holiday. the pool area is exceptional and not what you'd expect to be included as part of a hotel. The food is typically Spanish ,however we were in Spain and i tried items that i would not have normally and enjoyed them. The staff did tend to speak Spanish but do staff in our hotels not speak English!!!. the hotel was very clean and although the rooms weren't the best we've stayed in they were very clean and the beds were comfortable. I have to agree with others that the duty manager was extremely helpful and took time to listen to how our holiday was going and what i as a holidaymaker would like to be different. She did state that the hotel is available next year to UK just that the deals have not yet been reached with the tour operators. I would have no problem in recommending this hotel and the amenities to any family who are looking for a great value All inclusive Hotel with an amazing mini water park / pool.

2  Thank Ivan R
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your holiday at Hotel Los Patos and for your kind comments about our hotel and facilities.

I´m delighted to know that you all enjoyed your stay and the Spanish food!

We appreciate your loyalty and hope you´ll give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Once again, thank you for staying with us.

Soraya Brown

Quality Dptm.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,898)

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We have just got back from 11 night stay, when arriving our daughter had a accident in the pool which happens was sent to hospital where they wouldnt speak English and found them very rude.
We found the room not to be at a 4 star room at all four beds all joined together with a old t.v that hardly had any picture, maids clean to great standerd.
The bar staff would ignore you and even serve round you they can defintley tell british people to Spainish.
Entertainment was good but again only on the last week more English turnt up so the girls where oblige to talk English, I did ask them on two occassions to expalin the games as my daughter wanted to join in.
Food was not a good standerd at all was told by the lady to warm my beans up in the microwave when I told her they where cold, from that day we went out to breakfast at Cocos' bar.
The pool is a fantastic area but my god the safety is worrying when we where there a women slid down the path and broke her arm, a boy broke his teeth and my son slid on the decking and cut all his back where there is so much water everywhere no one to clean it up. There doesnt seem to be a lifeguard to each pool and to get a chair is inpossable they have signs up saying your towel will be removed I didnt see once anyone removing any towels.
I think her name was Sonya (customer service) she was fantastic and helped us alot but her team do not follow her in high standerds im afraid and the secuirty man I think was Juian was a wonderful man and a big help and so friendly. From hearing from Jet 2 (rep) this hotel is going all inclusive to the spainish next year anyway.

1  Thank lucylong8

Dear Lucy,

With great sadness I read on Trip Advisor your reviews regarding our hotel and by them it seems that we have failed to meet your expectations to spend a pleasant holidays.

Our task is always to find out why all these incidents have occurred during your stay and why these problems have not been solved quickly and diligently to avoid your disappointment, anyhow we´ll take all necessaries measures to prevent these kind of incidents.
- we have now covered all swimming pool surfaces either with grass or antislippery liquid to avoid any falls.
- We have also changed the way we served breakfast to ensure is always very hot.
- I have spoken to the bar manager to find out why English people feel that they are served the last and erradicate this issue straight away.
- and entertainment is being spoken in spanish and english at all times.

I assure you that the above complaints have been corrected already.

However I appreciate your positive comments about rooms being clean to high standard and swimming pools being great for kids.

By the way ... My name is Soraya (customer services )and it was a great pleasure meeting you and your family. I have also passed your message to Juan and he is very grateful.

We also hope that this set back will not be an impediment to welcome you once again at Los Patos in the near future.

Soraya
Quality Dptm

Reviewed 4 August 2013

This is a very honest review of this hotel & I felt I had to write it after reading a lot of negative reviews before we decided to book this particular hotel. We have just returned from a 10 night stay here (today - Sunday 4th August)
The hotel is very very good indeed.
We travelled with 2 adults & 2 children (aged 12 & 9)
The rooms are a little dated, but for the amount of time you actually spend in them whilst you are away they are more than adequate.
Firstly, the food is absolutely fantastic (we stayed all inclusive) breakfast, lunch & dinner. There was always a very wide selection of food for us & our 2 children (one of which is particularly fussy)
The hotel facilities are first class, the recently completed water park is excellent for the kids, not too big that they can wander off & get into trouble & small enough that you know they are going to be OK.
The waiters/bar staff (Jose/Claudia/Fernando/Salvador) & all other hotel staff are very courteous & extremely obliging, nothing was too much trouble. Other people have written that they were ignorant etc, we never experienced any of this, if you have a laugh & a joke with them they will have one back. C'mon guy's you are on holiday, remember!
How often would Spanish people come to Britain, speak Spanish & we understand? Not often so lets cut them some slack here, there English is very good all things considered. Try to learn a bit of Spanish yourself & it will work wonders. I did this (although very limited) but they really do appreciate you trying when you go to the bar (dous cerverza pour favour - its not that hard)
The entertainment is Spanish based but our kids were not interested in going to the kids clubs anyway, this may be a problem if you are expecting your younger ones to go for a few hours each day.
The entertainment at night is very good, parrot show, dancers, singers, reptile show, magician, owl show.
The variety & range that you can get at the bar is also very very good (better than any other all inclusive I have ever experienced) included are - smirnoff vodka, top label bacardi, gin etc, southern comfort, smirnoff ice to name but a few.
I would quite happily return to this hotel again as we had an excellent time & we were very sad to leave. I do hope that it will be available to British holiday makers in the future.

The rooms were cleaned every day with fresh bedding & clean towels.
The air con in the rooms works very well & keeps the rooms nice & cool at night.

Please don't listen to some of the negative reviews that you read on here, book up & try for yourself, you will not be disappointed

2  Thank 623MarkE
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments with all the Trip Advisor followers.

We are very happy to know that you had a great time with us and that you enjoyed our facilities, restaurants and services. Also, we want to thank you for your comments about our staff, our guests are our passion and the most important to us, we work hard to bring you memorable experiences and the best vacation.

It´s very difficult to please everyone but we won´t give up trying, I just wish all our customers had the same experience than you and the same holiday mood!!

This Hotel will definitely be available to British holiday makers in the future, therefore we will love to have you and your family back !!

Let us know before hand if you do please.

Very Best Regards

Soraya Brown

Reviewed 1 August 2013

travelled as a family of four (2 adults and 2 kids). it was the best hotel i have been to. kids loved the pool and the food was great! atmosphere was lovely and staff were friendly and very helpful! i have recommended this hotel to family and friends and we will be coming again :) thank you for a lovely time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank star387
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience and let us all know that we will have the pleasure of having you back again at the Hotel.

Our purpose of building a Waterpark is that the entire family can enjoy their holiday together and we will continue improving to make sure our customers are satisfied.

Once again Thank you and hope to welcome you again in a near future.

Quality departament.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Went to hotel 22nd-29th July 3 adults 2 children 9 & 5. Good pool with great slides for kids shallow enough for children to play independently. Larger slides good also. As for service then like others say if your Spanish you get good service otherwise when your British standing at the bar you suddenly become invisible!!!

Getting lounger at poolside is terrible like mentiond in other reviews you need to queue for at least 1 hour. We noticed that people who were not even guests at the hotel were also using the pool facilities thus taking up more sun loungers.

Evening entertainment is shocking and definitely only geared for the Spanish. My two children just never knew what was going on. Food was typical of Spanish hotels barely warm and very repetitive. We ate out must nights breakfast was ok trying to toast bread was a task!

So much money has been spent on the pool and the hotel building and rooms are just shabby looking against them.

Staff were rude to British apart from reception where I found the gentleman very polite and helpful. There was no way I was going to put my kids into the kids club as spoke only Spanish and they were not very careful when looking after the kids.

Quite a bit out if the town so you need to walk a bit for any decent shops. Beach close by but very pebbly and sore on the feet when getting in the water.

We had interconnecting rooms which was great rooms cleaned to a good standard.

Would I go back mmmmm don't know. Worth it for the pool for the kids other than that not really great. Very expensive for drinks also.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ZTGT

Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for taking time to share your impressions with all the tripadvisor followers.

We feel greatly that your expectations do not have been fulfilled this time.
I would like to inform you that we have taken good note about your comments and we would be glad to be granted with a new opportunity to show you that in Los Patos the service excellence to our customers is our primary objective.

Soraya

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Travelled as a couple with 2 kids. All inclusive.

Reception - checking in and out.staff were ok. allthough some dont understand English

Lifts - 3 x lifts witch 1 dindt work properly

Rooms - Very basic for four stars and i wouldt say its only a pore 3 star room . TV was old with almost nothing to see . Room was cleaned everyday.

Pools - Only positive . Great pools if you got a place to sit. Get up and stand in que for 30min then maybe you will find a good spot.

All inclusive - Service at bar always seemed slow and the Spanish guest get served before you do. Standing in que is just a wast of time. If you wanne get served then try to learn some spanish word else you stand 4 times longer then anyone else.

Food - Great breakfast , noon and evening the food is for 60%cold. If you say so the anser is "you can use the microwave "

Entertainment - This is only for Spanish cliental and there children. The reptile and birds show ar the only shows spoken in both languages.

Cliental - 90% Spanish , 8 % English , 2% All !

Tip: Get better staff witch ar more friendly to not spanish cliental and can talk some english. Serve ppl who stand in que.

Good staff: Fernando ( bar ) , salva ( food ) , reception
Very bad staff : Claudia ( bar and food ) , fara ( bar )

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nettracer
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear customer,
I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion with us.
Negative and positive comments help us to continuing improving on a daily basis.
I am pleased to read that not everything has been bad during your holiday and that you have enjoyed both, pools and breakfast.

Concerning the negative points during your stay I can only apologize as they were not to your liking and do everything we possibly can to improve their quality.
I can honestly say that we are the only hotel offering first class beverages and products in all inclusive and they are unlimited.

Quality department

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed as 2 friends with a 14 & 8 yr old who loved the water park. All inclusive was good with plenty for kids, ice lolly, ice cream milkshakes and drinks included brand names cointreau etc. Food variety wasn't great but we managed. Sunbed situation was poor having to queue there aren't enough beds when busy. Didn't watch entertainment so can't comment. It was very clean with good maid service. It was a good hotel and I would go back.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest,

I am writting to express my gratitud for your kind comments and let you know that we are currently working on the sunbed situation as we are aware of the lack of space when the hotel is completely full.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and hope to welcome you again in the near future.