“Family Holiday”

Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Family Holiday”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Can't fault this Hotel in anyway. Rooms were immaculate, most of the staff were friendly and helpful, food in the restaurant was good and the waterpark for the kids was excellent. You can find a fault with everything is you look hard enough and if I were to have any criticism for this Hotel it would be [1] The lifts are not adequate for the size of the Hotel [2] The evening entertainment is dated [3] Drinks a little expensive and small measures for paying customers compared to the town.....all in all this Hotel is the place to be for families with young children the facilities are great and the kids club is a bonus 11-1.30pm and 3-6pm everyday!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in even numbers if you want to face the pool area which is noisy but interesting we h...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear guest,

We wish to thank you deeply for taking the time to describe our facilities and services with the care you did.

I am glad we have met the expectations of such a well experienced high end traveler like you; and very proud that working humbly and very hard, we can reach one of our goals, which is to make our guests, repeat guests.

Thank you for choosing Los Patos Park**** and for taking the time to share your comments with others via TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel in a near future.

Warmest Regards

Hotel Los Patos Park****

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I'm still here and writing this by the pool. The hotel is just lovely with so much to do poolside there is little reason to venture much further into the resort. The food is great with a bit of everything for everyone really. The staff, in the main, have been lovely and really helpful, with just the odd exception. Namely Ruben who works behind the bar, who has gone out of his way to be quite rude - I'm not really sure why. I'm travelling with my husband and 3 year old son, we're very quiet and generally mind our own business, so I'm not sure what we could have done to upset him, but on a few occasions now I've been made to feel as though I'm a bit of a pain with a regular sigh and anything but a smile when I'm being served. I try to avoid him now...The female life guard is also rather like he fun police, extremely 'whistle happy' for the most inane reasons.

However, reception staff have been so helpful and friendly, with any request being met with a smile and nothing being too much trouble. I think in future I may remember to ask for a low level room - we're on the 8th floor & I get a bit nervous with a 3 year old up there sometimes.

Room Tip: Select a low floor if travelling with small people that like to climb...
2 Thank Sally D
Dear Sally,

First and foremost allow me to apologize for the disappointment you felt while staying with us,
all positive reviews and generous words of our guests are making us an honor and obliging us to responsability to maintain our high standards at all times and live up to every expectation.

In the minute I saw your review I had to get to the bottom of this. It is not usual for Ruben to be rude to any customer, it has never happened before.
You told me that Ruben was ignoring you at the bar and Ruben told me that the bar was full of customers awaiting to be served and did not know who was next.
Sally, I actually think there has been a misunderstanding and I truly hope that it did not spoil your holiday for a second.

You have been an excellent and very pleasant person to deal with at all times and we would really like to welcome you back in a future holiday. I hope that Paul had a great birthday too!!

Very Best Regards

Los Patos Park****
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just back from 10 night stay, hotel is far the best i have been to in Spain with my young family. Food is excellent im a very fussy eater and was so happy there was no veal on the menu like every other Spanish hotel i have been too. Silva is an absolute credit to the hotel as front of house in restaurant. My kids adored him. Also need to mention Fernando at bar my daughter was crying when saying goodbye to him. He is very cheerful and has great sense of humour. Also lifeguard staff excellent young girl with braids helped care for my daughter when she cut her feet in pool (some areas in kids pool quite rough don't know how she done it as my son had no problems but she took the skin off her toes most days so we resorted to keeping her crocks on) pool is excellent very clean and lifeguards take no nonsense approach to any rule breaking. Also take towels of people putting them down and not using them. Flumes are excellent orange one is super fast (wear appropriate swimwear as i lost my top on it didn't plan on going topless haha)kids club was excellent evening entertainment was also very good kids loved the laurel and hardy act and the black brothers. Mini disco also fantastic. Drinks were all good branded names snack bars chips were the best i have ever tasted. Location was the only thing that bothered us this holiday but only as my partner has back problems and was in a lot of pain having to walk. Its not a huge deal but if you are in the same situation i would maybe think twice. Marina is gorgeous, beach is very shingly.we were on second floor. Room had pool view. Loved the hotel and staff did not enjoy benalmadena as much as ibiza or majorca of we could transport the hotel there it would be fantastic

• Stayed July 2014
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear guest,

We appreciate your valuable feedback following your recent stay at Los Patos Park****.
Having gone through your comments, we are glad that you had an excellent holiday with us. We Thank you again for your review and we look forward to serving you again in future.

Very Best Regards

West Lothian, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed here for 10 days July 14, with my 5 year old granddaughter. The best thing about this hotel is the staff. All staff are smiling from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave. The reception staff, the bar staff, the cleaner had our room perfect everyday, clean towels, the hotel is really clean and caters for everyone. The obvious good point is the pools so I won't go into that. It's close to the beach and shops and a nice stroll to the marina. We also visited selwo dolphinarium which was really good much better than expected.

The food was good, lots of choice of meats. All inclusive includes every drink you can think of and my granddaughter enjoyed a non alcohol cocktail in the evening at the disco, so that felt like a special treat with a straw! Also includes crisps and ice creams and if you want branded ice creams (calipo etc) then you pay 50cent to 1 euro extra- was happy with that.

Rooms ok have the essentials I.e a bed and wardrobe! And are cleaned everyday. We were lucky enough to be on the first floor, so can't comment on the lifts, but never heard anyone complaining.
I also want to say that the children's entertainments team is brilliant, sorry never got any names, but one girl with short dark hair is there day and night is fantastic with the kids and the adults.

All in all a great holiday and will return next year.

2 Thank Senga1906
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for speaking so highly of our service and the quality of experience we offer to our guests, we are thrilled to receive such a positive feedback and read that your first visit to Los Patos Park was enjoyable and exceeded your expectations.

The girl with short dark hair that you describe on your review is Alba!!!! All the kids adore her, I will have to ask her what´s her secret.... she really is a credit to this hotel.

Once again Thank you for your kind words and recommendations for future travelers.
We will be looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Warmest Regards,

Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Just returned from 8 days at Los Patos. I never write reviews as I always have a moan about everything but I must make an exception with this hotel. The food for an all inclusive is really nice. The staff are also very professional and courteous, a special mention must go to Francesco on reception who very kindly spent some time sorting out our boarding passes. You will not be disappointed with Los Patos a proper 4 star facility.

Room Tip: Low floors
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear David,

Thank you for your lovely comments, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Los Patos Park****. It is also very nice to know that the staff was courteous and helpful and I will let the Head of Reception department know this.

This review is absolutely brilliant, 'cos being a bit of a moaner (you said so, not me) you tick all the boxes!!! And I Thank You for sharing it with us.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon and enjoy another holiday with us.

Best Regards

Co Kerry
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We have just returned from a 2 weeks stay at Hotel Los Patos and cannot recommend the hotel highly enough. On arriving we were quickly checked in and sitting having our dinner in the restaurant within a half hour. The kids were so excited as we were on the first floor overlooking the fab pirate ship they could not wait to try it out!
They were not disappointed the swimming pool was superb. There was never really sun beds available unless you were at the pool early but there was always plenty of chairs so this was not a problem. The life Guards were always on duty and were extremely nice often having fun with the little ones in the pirate pool. They were very diligent and alert at all times.
The kids club was fantastic, the girls were great and had lots of English. Our 2 kids were often the only 2 English speaking there and had no problems understanding and taking part in everything that was going on. The variely of activities for the kids was very varied with lots of art, crafts, games, musical activities and water activities every day.
The restaurant was lovely with a huge variety of food for both adults and kids. The staff were great and the kids were greeted with a high 5 the guy showing us to our seats all the time. They loved this and looked forward to seeing him.
We did not go to the bar a lot as liked to walk the promenade in the evenings after dinner but did pop in a few times and saw some of the entertainment which was excellent.
The hotel was always spotlessly clean, our room was cleaned daily and the ladies doing the room were very pleasant and friendly. We also got fresh towels every day.
I emailed a few times with queries before we went on holidays and got friendly quick responses from Soraya every time. Soraya has excellent English and is extrememly friendly and helpful. Thanks to the hotel staff who made our 2 weeks so enjoyable it was a very memorable holiday and we look forward to returning again sometime. Hope to meet you again in the future Soroya we wish you a wonderful summer season.
One thing I was very impressed with was regardless of a good or bad review going up here on tripadvisor about the hotel it gets a response I think this shows the high level of commitment and hard work that is put into the running of this hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, we would highly recommend it, and would definately go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mary you are just … such a Star!!! It has been a real pleasure meeting you and Brian and Ava, I´m ever so pleased that you have enjoyed your holiday with us and we will certainly see each other again I´m sure !!
Thank you for posting such an amazing review and don´t forget to email me again for any pre-arrival arrangements!! ;-)

Looking very much forward to seeing you soon.

Best Regards

Los Patos Park****
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Four Adults, One child and one infant (19 months ) have just returned from a lovely and relaxing 10 days from the 23rd of June to the 3rd of July.
Staff are very polite , welcoming and helpful
Food - No complaints at all , options for all the family every meal time
Pools - Always kept clean and well maintained, Loads to keep the kids occupied and happy ( Bizarre watching people start to queue for a sun bed at 8.30 when the pool don't open until 10.00!! )
Entertainment - Always something on for kids through the days with a variety of activities going on through the week
All inclusive - Very good service from the happy bar staff, never kept waiting long with snacks and ice cream available all day which is always welcome with families.

All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend it, and would definately go back.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the pool and potentially have a sea view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Neal D
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Your words are very touching.... you have not mention any faults, Love it!!.
Whether mention or not the staff at Los Patos Park**** know that they all contributed to your pleasant stay. Each one doing what they do best.

We are very grateful that you have share your experience with us and look very much forward to your next visit.

Do not hesitate to contact us, should you require any assistance.

Kind Regards