“Great holiday”

Hotel Los Patos Park
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had a week long stay in July and really enjoyed our stay, the staff kept the hotel very clean and the restaurant was plenty big so hardly any queuing and were very friendly. The food choice catered well for all the different guests so no complaints there.
The function room was a slight let down as it was exceptionally hot and a little to small for the amount of people staying, when the acts were on people stood up and blocked views from the back. I never found the lifts much of a problem , waiting no more then 5 minutes from the 9th floor.

We will definitely be booking this hotel again

Room Tip: Bring your own kettle
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Los Patos Park and for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor travelers.
We are pleased to learn that you appreciated our facilities as much as our kind attentive service. Our goal is to help create an exciting and memorable experience to each one of our guests, making them feel comfortable and happy while with us.

It will be of our great pleasure to welcome you back next time you are in town, so please do not hesitate in contacting us in advance.

We'll be looking forward to see you again at Los Patos Park****.

Best Regards

There are newer reviews for Hotel Los Patos Park

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a great holiday here, defo recommend it for all ages. My son was 23 months nd had a ball, on both baby and adult slides #nofear. The kids are entertained from the start to the end if the day with the slides, kids club and kids entertainment at night. There was adult entertainment every night so really would have to leave.We had breakfast included in our package nd had no fault whatsoever. The rooms are fairly small but they are clean. had i had a Baby with me i would hav panicked as there is no kitchen facilities At all. Seeing as this hotel is so family orientated that's a big let down in my opinion. It's a bit far from the main area of town but it's a nice walk to do. There is a really big beautiful park with a lake only a couple of blocks away and the birds roam free, there's 3 r 4 play grounds in there. The area in general will keep the kids going all wk with the zoo and theme park really near by. There's a great little train the kids love, it's about an hour altogether but u can hop on and off and it brings u to so many places u wouldn't see on the main strip, well worth it!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Hayleyosullivan O
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Hayley,

There is nothing we love more than reading that our guests have enjoyed their stay at our Hotel Los Patos Park****; thank you so much for the time you took out of your day to share this review of your holiday experience among us.

Thank you for your visit and the courtesy of your time; we hope that you had a comfortable journey back home and to have the pleasure of serving you again in the very near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were travelling with 2 families, 4 adults and 4 children ages bewtween 6 and 9.

Location: A 20 minute drive from malaga airport, 5 minute stroll to the beach and 5 minute stroll to various bars and restaurants.

Accomodation: Nice and clean, well equipped rooms with bath, shower, tv, hairdryer and mini fridge (which was very unexpected!) Rooms were cleaned daily and towels change.

Food: there was a great variety for all tastes. Various meats etc were cooked fresh in front of you. Lovely selection of meat, fish, pasta, paella and fruit.

Amenities: The swimming pools were fantastic and quite simply the highlight of ours and the childrens holiday! There were always plenty of lifeguards aroung all the pools and were very helpful with the first aid kit!

Staff: Extremely helpful, polite and always happy to help.

Entertainment: The kids loved the disco every evening and there was a good selection of different acts from your usual flamenco dancers to the parrot show!

We stayed full board for a week and had wished we'd gone all inclusive, having said that Im not entirely sure what the price difference had been.

Overall a lovely family holiday in a great place with great food and amenities!

Room Tip: We were glad we had a sea view away from the main pools, which I imagine may get quite noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Kath,

I am very thankful for bringing up such a positive feedback. I am so pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us. This is exactly what holidays are all about!!

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that the entire staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our Guests.

Hoping to have the pleasure to meet you on your next visit, I remain with best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Hi i came back from a 8 night stay at this hotel
Negatives:
no kettle
fridge was not cold enough
I didnt get a sunbed once looking out my window at all the people queing at half 8 just adults that want to sunbathe all day and not look after there kids rather not sit there ..... I went to the beach every day i didnt spend a day around the pool maybe for an hour as my son liked the one slide .....
The wifi is awful
If you are checking out and ur flight is not till the evening they should have a shower room and changing rooms for this i had to have a shower outside and change in a small toliet ...
Not enough toliets
And lifts!!!!!!!! Wow dont wait on them !

Postives
Clean room apart from the balcony they never sweeped i had to ask the maid for a broom to do it myself .....
The food good need a bigger variety of ceral .... Enjoyed the pancakes :)
Very very very friendly staff !!! Specially the guy at the restruant who u first meet when u get in lovely man.
Play ground is good

Erm wouldnt come back because wernt to keen on the area and the things to do around there ......

The hotel is good but its for familys strictly .... And i would recommened it but to a big family who enjoy drinking all day letting there kids go off ..... Im more of an adventure so the hotel didnt apeal to me or my family ... Did enjoy my stay. And thanks for everything........ :)

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Rljojo
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for posting a review about your recent experience at our hotel; however I don´t agree with everything you say …. Please, allow me to explain:

We do have a courtesy room at our hotel, as in every hotel, you need to ask at reception desk to be given the key to access the room. Why would you shower outside?

Regarding not having enough toilets I also disagree…. We have a gents and ladies toilets at the swimming pool where the slides are, also in the swimming pool next to the nursery and lifeguards wooden cabin. We have miniature toilets at the mini- club for our little ones. More toilets in the common are next to reception and also downstairs by the restaurant entrance. Where else would you like more toilets to be placed?

As for the lifts you are quite right…. But I´m pleased to inform our readers that will not be the case next year.
It´s actually disappointing to know that you wouldn´t come back but nice to recognize that is only because you like different experiences and not just sitting by the pool. I suppose I will just have to Thank you for trusting us and wish you the very very best in your future experiences.

My very best Regards

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Last time I was here in April in a business trip i had a great time and thought of coming back for a nice holiday with my family. The hotel is fully booked now with many people from different countries and all see to have a good time. Its brilliant for kids and adults alike that are looking for fun. Moaners step aside. The rooms are dated but we only used them for shower and sleeping. The restaurant is big enough to seat everyone and you will never queue to get a table, Well done to Salvo for being so friendly at all times. The bar staff are always telling crackin jokes and they seem to have a good time which is brilliant to watch. Food is very good with lots of veg. Some of the days they were very hot and other days just warm, not sure why. I wont even mention the pools, thats the selling point. I would highly recommend and will be back next year.

Room Tip: Facing the pools if travelling with children
2  Thank Brian T
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Brian,
We wish to thank you for taking the time to describe our facilities and services with the care you did.

It is very gratifying for Los Patos Park Staff and Management to read throughout your comments and realize that your stay with us was pleasant enough to spend your time sharing the experience with others.

I have taken note of your observations, be sure a follow up is taken on them.

I look forward to welcoming you back for the third time in a near future holiday.

With my best regards,

Los Patos Park****

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were here for 2 weeks from the 9th July until the 23rd myself husband son and two grandchildren age 8yrs and 5yrs we were on the 4th floor and our room overlooked the swimming pools the rooms are average size a bit tired looking but very clean and clean towels every day the swimming pools are very good and the slides are fantastic the queues for the kids fun pool is very big they start queuing at 8am for the gates opening at 10am ! We always went to the other pool which had a lot smaller queue all the staff are really pleasant and friendly and work very hard we were all inclusive and found the food very good with plenty of choice and variety and it was not repetitive as everybody mentions the lifts they can be a bit of a nightmare as there are only 3 lifts and are very busy this hotel is excellent for families and I would certainly recommend it and would definitely go back

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us and I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable holiday. Los Patos Park is a beautiful familiar hotel with a team of highly motivated people who want to make sure that you have a memorable time with us and I am delighted that you appreciated this.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just got back last night from what was overall a really good holiday but a few things with this hotel left me annoyed and i wouldn't go again unless they were changed, unfortunately I doubt they will be in the next few year. the first problem is with the pool it should open earlier than 10am i have never known a pool to open so late that's 2 hours of the morning gone by the time you get in. as other people have stated there just isn't enough beds to go around so you need to be downstairs queuing from 9am which i did everyday, not how i want to spend the first hour of my day on holiday. if you turn up later than 10:15 you have no chance of getting a bed, seen loads of family's have to leave to pool when they couldn't get a bed. Once you have your bed the pool is amazing, the most fun myself and the kids have had in any hotel pool.

Food was good and the staff in the restaurant work really hard to get you a table and keep everything clean. never had to queue for the restaurant we were always seated immediately. I found the choice good although not much choice for kids.

Second problem is with the bar area which just like the pool is far too small to service a hotel of this size. If you want to watch the entertainment on a night you need to get in early to get seats in the first bank of tables, if you are any further back you can look forward to people just standing in the walkway between tables and blocking your view as there isn't enough seats and tables for everyone. I would have thought the bar manager or someone might have asked these people to stop blocking the view but it didn't happen. The bar staff are great though, they work fast so even at busy times i never stood waiting for very long. always cracking jokes as well.

Overall we had a great time the kids loved it here but I definitely wont be coming back unless I read somewhere the pool and bar area have been extended which I doubt will happen anytime soon.

Room Tip: Get a low floor, we were on 1st floor so avoided the problems with the lifts.
2  Thank normanrussell86
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Norman,

I thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. We have already planned to extend the water park this coming winter to be able to place over 200 sunbeds more, apart from the 400 already existing. Having said this I can assure you that customers will still queue before opening the pools as the reason for it, it’s to get the best spot of the water park.

I truly look forward to your next visit.

With my very best regards,