“Smashing Family Holiday”

Hotel Los Patos Park
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a week in from 11th August 2014. A family of three and met up with my sister and her family, seven in total. This a great hotel for children, one of the best we have been to. The Swimming pools and slides are enough to keep them entertained all day. The area was clean and tidy at all times. Aside from the queuing for sunbeds (2hrs from 8am) we had no problem getting one afterwards but not by the pool areas. I do feel that if you have small children then priority should be given near water. There are not enough beds but this is apparently being looked at. The food was great for both adults and children although if you have a fussy eater like my 9yr old then plain carrots, peas and broccoli would have gone down well! other than that I thoroughly enjoyed the freshness of the fish dishes and ate far too many cooked breakfasts! The hotel is situated well for the beach and shops although the Marina area is a bit of a walk for children but the buses are frequent and easy to use. We went to Torremolinos and Mijas using public transport. No problem at all. Mijas is lovely and well worth a visit, especially for a donkey ride! It is a lovely spanish village with a great museum too. We took a family trip to Gibraltar, it was good but there was not enough time to explore. A hired car would have been a better choice. I am afraid we did not do much of the evening entertainment but from what we did see, it looked great. Snacks and drinks at reasonable prices but perhaps extend to offer fresh sandwiches? there is also a free park with play equipment, chickens, goats, donkeys and turlts around a lake not far from the hotel, this was lovely. Opposite the hotel is a storm way with a 15ft drop (totally safe and well built), I made the mistake of looking over the wall and saw a gorgeous little kitten (white and grey) unfortunately it looks as if it is stuck there and quite thin, its mother is black and white. I took it upon myself to feed it twice a day - there are many stray cats in Benalmadena and no RSPCA. We called him Gato and if I could have taken him home I would. Cat food is only one euro. I hope this little kitty makes it, he was super cute. Perhaps the hotel could do something to help him? Had my Spanish been better, I would have asked however, according to the Benalmadena rescue centre (privately funded) there are too many to worry about. So, if you can spare a euro, look opposite past the bins on the way down by some rope tied to a drain and you will see a rock at the bottom - call his name and he'll come. We will certainly return to this hotel for future holidays. It is one of the best we have been to ;-) Gracias and enjoy your hols!

Room Tip: I really don't think you can go wrong with any room, it is personal choice and to be honest, it...
1  Thank Crovella
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you truly enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you in particular for your comments about the service of our staff regarding cleanliness and good cuisine. It is our most important goal to create great experiences for our customers and I´m pleased to read that we have succeeded with you. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed your excursions outside and got to know the variety and beauty of your destination.

Hopefully we will have you and your family back to Los Patos Park soon. It will be our true pleasure to welcome you back.

Los Patos Park****

There are newer reviews for Hotel Los Patos Park

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Travelled with my partner, adult daughter and 9 year old grandson on an all inclusive basis. We had a private transfer so it took only 20 minutes from airport to hotel.
I shall deal with the features individually:
Location: up a slight slope away from the main road the hotel is one of the last you get to before leaving Benalmadena to go to Fuengirola. It is about 35/40 minutes walk along the seafront to the Marina. (7 euro for a taxi). There are shops and restaurants on the main road and we found everything we needed within 3 streets away.
The beach is clean and well maintained. It is 9 euros per day to hire two sunbeds, with mattress and with umbrella.
Rooms:We had a double room which was very small and the bathroom, shall we say compact. When sitting on the toilet the toilet roll holder was under my armpit and the bath was behind the door surrounded on 3 sides by walls so a bit claustrophobic. My daughter has a triple room next door which had a double and single bed and the bathroom was much bigger and nicer. Complimentary toiletries are supplied and replenished and clean towels every day and amid service. The rooms had a fridge but there were no complimentary drinks. We were on the 3rd floor and facing the carpark which was quite quiet. The aircon was effective and quiet.
Food and drink:
Excellent quality and plentiful. Always a good selection of fish/seafood/meat/salads/cold meats/soup etc but not quite sure about chips being available for breakfast.
In the restaurant at breakfast lactose free and soya milk is available but funnily enough not in the bar so you can't have a coffee during the day if you need these. It states that breakfast is from 8am but we went down earlier than this and found it open with plenty of food available including bacon, eggs etc
Snacks are available at the pool snack bar from 12 noon and serve chips, hot dogs, burgers and toasted sandwiches which are all cooked to order and fresh. Cakes are available in the bar area.
The bar is well stocked with branded alcohol and you have a choice of cocktails as ell as soft drinks. In the daytime drinks are served in plastic cups but in the evenings you get a glass. I got a bit addicted to the mohito and black Russian. Yum.
Facilities:
In reception there is a shop that sells bags and a few toiletries but mostly jewellery which are reasonably priced. Unfortunately his opening hours are a bit funny, not opening until late in the morning and closing in the afternoon before opening again in the evening.
The three pools are kept clean and closed each evening at 8pm. They are surrounded by fencing so parents can relax knowing their little ones cannot access the water. There is a small playground for little ones. Pools do not open until 10am so you get people queuing and then there is the rush for the best sunbeds. The ones on the right of the pool do not get the sun until after midday. The hotel do have a notice in lifts stating that they remove towels on sunbeds not used but this was not the case and people would put their towels down then not return until the sun is on them which is a bit annoying.
On the subject of lifts, if you can, give them a miss. There are 3 lifts which appear to have a life of their own and take ages.
We couldn't get a late check out but a courtesy room was available to shower before we left for home.
there is a wifi area with a games room for pool etc. You can get wifi in the pool and bar area but not the waterpark.
Staff: The staff work long hours. Most of them are pleasant but we did notice that one in particular in the bar could be grumpy but I think I might be if I'd been there 12 hours plus.
Restaurant staff are polite and efficient.

The hotel appears very popular with the Spanish which is a good sign.
Our grandson did not use the kids club but we noted that the staff only appeared to speak Spanish which would suggest that the children using it were Spanish speaking.
Entertainment was provided in the evenings but tended not to start until 10.30pm after the disco/mini disco. Acts included flamenco, acrobats, owls, reptiles etc (not all at the same time)

We do not usually come to Spain but came to Benalmadena for personal reasons, however I can say that this was not an unpleasant experience and we had a relaxing and stress free holiday at Los Patos. I would recommend this hotel for families wanting a hotel that is compact (all four pools are close together) and because they have lifeguards at the pools parents can rest easy that their children are safe in the pool.
Whilst it may not be a hotel I visit again I would give it a thumbs up and recommend it to friends looking for this sort of holiday

Room Tip: Rooms over car park offer a view of the mountains and are quieter than those facing the pool. We cou...
3  Thank bellydancer69

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your detailed feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. While we are happy to hear that you have found our food and drink to be “excellent quality and plentiful”, we are disappointed to read about your grandson not using the kids club because it seems to be spoken only in Spanish. I must inform all our customers and yourself that every single one of our entertainers speaks English and one more language such as French or Dutch as well as Spanish so they are able to communicate with all the children at this hotel and have a great time all together.
Thank you once again for sharing your experience and I sincerely hope that eventually we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back and then provide you with a flawless experience.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed for 10 nights in July 2014 for our first abroad holiday with the children (6 & 8). We all enjoyed the water park, the children didn't want to explore the area for the 1st 5 days! The food is good, plenty of choice.

The kids club is great both my children enjoyed their time there. The staff all speak English, but my chlidren tried to learn Spanish to get along. The evening entertainment was also good.

This is a great hotel for young familes. All staff were fantastic (they work incredibly long hours). Would recommend this hotel to anyone with young children.

Alot of people have 'moaned' on here about the sunbeds, if you want a sunbed in a particular location then you will have to queue for about an hour. There is no mad rush like some people say. The life guards do remove towels from beds if they have been left there.

Also the lifts - yes you may have to wait a while during dinner time, but if you are able to, use the stairs there's not many from the 6 floor, it'll help you keep your wieght in check :-)

The only negative thing is the size of the room, it is on the small side for a family of 4, but it wont stop us from coming back next year.

Room Tip: Sea view side if you want morning sun.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Antony122

Dear Guest:
It was indeed a pleasure to read your review and to know that you truly enjoyed your experience with us, our facilities and the service provided by our staff. Thank you very much for outlining the sunbed situation and for mentioning that your kids didn´t want to leave the hotel for the 1st five days. They are with no doubts our most demanding clients and to read reviews like yours allow us to think that we are doing things the right way.

I have passed on your comments to every department and everyone is absolutely delighted.
Hopefully you will find an opportunity to come back to Los Patos Park and give all of us an enormous pleasure.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We visited los patos last week and stayed for 7 nights. Myself my husband and our little girl who is 5.

The pool is amazing !!! No need to visit any aqua parks at all. The room was clean and the food was amazing also with plenty of choice. I didn't find much of a problem to queue a short while for sun beds or for the lifts. After all you are on holiday so what is the mad rush?

The staff are so friendly and approachable.

The entertainment was excellent for kids and adults and the bar area is gorgeous.
My daughter loved the mini disco and the shows and is still dancing to the moves !!

we plan to come back next year.

The area is also great with plenty to see and do for all the family, Great food too. Don't forget to visit the gorgeous marina and maybe day trip to Marbella :)

Rosalyn, ,mariusz and Olivia zdrajkowski.

2  Thank ros24
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear guest,

I´m ever so pleased that you, your husband and especially your daughter had the best holiday ever!! Thank you for sharing this review with all the staff at Los Patos Park as this is what we aimed for!!

We will be delighted to welcome you back next year and be able to show you the new improvements that we have planned for the hotel, as always thinking of our guests.

Don´t forget to email us prior your arrival to request any preference you may have as we always do everything we can to achieve our customer’s needs.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Los Patos hotel for 4 days in July 2014. We are a family of four with two boys aged 3 and 9. The hotel was quite standard but the waterpark and swimming pool was fantastic.
The kids had endless fun at the pool, we went all inclusive the meals are very repetitive but there was a good variety of food although we did get bored of it and ate out a few times.
The hotel is in a good location near the beach and shops and close by to Tivoli world and the Seewo marina.
The hotel is situated up a slight hill but that wasn't a problem for us.
The staff there was ok they wasn't rude nor very friendly they just got on with their jobs, we was on the 2nd floor and our room was literally above the hotel sign at the front of the building so we didn't have a great view but i guess that was better than pool view as that would have been very noisy. The lifts get very busy and takes a long time and we only used it when we took the buggy out but there were times when we just carried the buggy down the stairs.
Overall it was a nice hotel great if you've got kids and very good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the attention you have shown by giving your opinion regarding your stay at our Hotel during the month of July.
Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that our staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for our guests.

I am pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed our facilities, location and recommend our hotel to other families with kids.

Hoping to have the pleasure to meet you on your next visit, I remain with best regards.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Just returned from a fantastic week at the hotel..met some lovely people there and the kids had a fab time playing..the water park is amazing and I don't know who spent more time on the slides the kids or us!...The hotel itself I'm my opinion couldn't be faulted...the staff were always pleasant and smiling and the kids club was great and the staff were very helpful and friendly and the kids really enjoyed going!...Had a fantastic time there and would certainly return!:-)

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank kathdaveelliejosh

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and wish to thank you very much for your gracious comments about our hotel services and staff.

Thank you for choosing Los Patos Park**** and for taking the time to share your comments with others via TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from an excellent two weeks and I must say it was really nice.
Arrived a bit early and room wasn't ready, but we were given our all inclusive bands and offered storage for the luggage, so we were able to relax while we waited for the room, which didn't take that long to be available anyway.
As you'll probably read there are queues for the pool area sunbeds, but the grass area where we sat was fine and ideally situated between the two pool areas and bars. I don't think the problem of sunbeds will ever go away, but the hotel are trying their best to ease the situation, having a security guard open the gates sounds over the top but it does help and unfortunately was required when people chose to try and cheat the system.
Food was good with a wide choice. All the staff in Bar and restaurant were really nice and welcoming.
Entertainment in the night was good fun, and the girls on mini disco did a great job.
Would recommend this hotel to families as the entertainment and pool facilities are ideal.

Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank tiger7299
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank You Very Much for your nice review and comments, I am so very happy that our bar staff as well as our activities staff provided a great service worth enough of mentioning.
I hope I can see you back in a near future!!!!

Warmest Regards from the entire team at Los Patos Park.