“Great”

Ranked #22 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
aberdeen
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Checking out my password i have tried quite a lot of times to give my holiday report and for some reason your system will not accept my password have you altered anything in your system recently it is so frustrating as i keep losing my reports

Room Tip: Checking out my password
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
Fareham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Was NOT disappointed. Read varying reviews beforehand. Extremely clean, room cleaned daily. Food filled us every day, always choices of salads, meat and fish. We thought that the dining area was not used to its best, as buffet display tables were left empty which led to people wondering around one area.
Staff on the whole friendly, pool very well lifeguarded and open later than other hotels we've been to, and why not.
We did also notice the vast majority of people were middle aged plus. Also, that most were Spanish. Not a problem, just an observation.
Lovely area to be in, very central, bus stop about 50 metres from hotel on the seafront, cheap. Malaga worth a trip, we had a horse and carriage ride which was about 45mins long and very well worth 30€. Also, sunbeds on beach 9€ for the day are very strong and well worth a relaxing day. Nice bar "Way Kiki" opposite the seafront restaurant, breakfasts huge, coffee and liquor or cake cheap and lovely, and served with a big smile.
Would consider going again.

• Stayed September 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Our small group of golfers make use of this hotel as a base for the numerous courses along the Costa Del Sol. This was our second stay at the Balmoral and we are trying to book again for this coming November.

The hotel has a mainly Spanish customer base of mature age and really only caters for that market as a whole. That said the hotel is clean and the beds are comfortable for the price. However, give the breakfast a miss - it reminds me of Butlins in the sixties. There are several cafés nearby.

There is however one major niggle - Keycards; they have a habit of losing the information on the strip and you cannot gain entry to your room. This is particularly frustrating late at night and when your room is on the 6th floor and you have to go back down to reception to get the card re-set.

Another area which let's this hotel down is their Website. You cannot book online or receive any form of response from emails that are sent to them.

At the end of the day, it is cheap although the prices shown on the usual hotel comparison sites are wrongly priced as you would find a better grade of hotel for the same money.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Barrie S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Staying at the Balmoral from 16 September for a week, this was a way above average 2 Star Hotel.

Arriving very late from a (delayed) well known Irish Airline flight, we got a warm welcome from the night Receptionist, the room was spotless, with a flat screen TV, the safe (extra charge) and a spotless Bathroom.

The bed was comfortable, when we woke the next morning, we had a great view of the beach and local area, we had a 7th floor room, down to breakfast, which was excellent! Mostly Spanish visitors, with a sprinkling of Russians, there were some British visitors, mostly middle aged.

Close to bus stops, for trips to Malaga and to the other resorts, all the buses were very low cost, the local area is packed full of things to do, great value is the Dolphinarium, with the public park next to it. Surprising are the domestic animals living in the Park, abandoned by their owners, due to Spain's financial situation.

We went half board, the evening meals were good, with a wide range of hot and cold options, all in all a good Hotel, can recommend it.

Tried to find out if the rumours of permanent closure at the end of the Season were true, but no one can or would say,

We both hope that it does reopen in March 2014. We both plan to go back in May or June, a lovely clean nice Hotel, can recommend it totally.

• Stayed September 2013
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel last year for a week on my own and loved it - so much so that I went back this year and found it just as good as I remembered if not better! It is in a great location, less than a minute's walk to the beach and about 15 minutes walk along the promenade to the wonderful Marina. The Reception staff are probably the friendliest I have met on the Costa del Sol - and most of them can speak English very well. The food was great - plentiful and quite varied which was quite important to me as I booked half-board as I don't like eating dinner 'out' in the evenings on my own. Yes, there were mostly Spanish people staying at the Hotel both times but I loved this! I found the constant chatter really amusing and quite entertaining and they were very friendly towards me especially when they could see I was on my own. I had very little Spanish and most of them had no English whatsoever but we got along famously - lots of smiles and some unofficial sign language! I hope to go back again next year - great location, friendly staff and amazing value for money!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank MaggieMay088
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

This is an honest opinion, what a terrible hotel, ive stayed In 2 star hotels and this has to be the worst, the food is very poor, the entertainment is all in Spanish, the hotel was full of Spanish, there were holes in the sun beds, I know you pay for what you get but if you are going to stay here with children I would change your hotel before you go because you are going to be disappointed, I hate writing bad reviews but I think british people should be told about the amount of Spanish that stay here, our friends stayed up the road in the benal beach and we got passes and went there every day because it was an outstanding hotel, we went half board in the balmoral and had to eat out every day because the food was that bad so BEWARE, another thing is that the hotel entrance backs onto mcdonalds and the noise is awful at night and there are bins everywhere, the rooms are tiny and we had to put the chair from the room on the balcony just to make room for our cases

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank jason r

Travellers are raving about these Benalmadena hotels

St Helens, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Oh my god I can't believe how good this hotel was for the money. It was 2 star but I've stayed at some 3 stars that were worse than this.
I have got to say the exterior looks tired! But the room was fantastic, bath,shower, flat screen tv and air con, with remote( (€20 deposit,get it back at end of hols). It was ice cold,very impressed.
Maid changed the towels daily n sheets were changed, very very clean.
It's located just as you go into benalmadena and its on the flat unlike other hotels, I will definitely go back.
They had entertainment day and night.
The food is average, but u can choose either lunch and dinner when your half board.
The reception staff are very helpful as well.
We went to the Belfry pub round the corner, the management are lovely and very welcoming.
I have never stayed that end before but definitely going back!! :) loved it.
I did hear a rumour that the Balmoral is shutting down, as its not making money, hope not, it's a bargain gem, don't get many of them these days!!

Room Tip: The sea view is lovely, there's only 7 floors as well.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple