“Second Visit”
Review of Hotel San Fermin

Hotel San Fermin
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I had a holiday last year here and enjoyed it so much this year my daughter and grandchildren also wanted to come here to. We all had a great time and will be back again, great weather, clean comfortable hotel and good food. The entertainment was enjoyed by all of us and is well organised by Brian who works very hard to keep all nationalities entertained and speaks very good English. This hotel caters for young and old and is very good value. We found all the staff helpful and polite and cant wait to go back again.

1  Thank 37mag

Reviewed 6 July 2012

We have just returned from our holiday and stayed at this hotel for the first time.Well i can only have good reviews for this hotel except the entertainment would run until midnight,but i suppose you can get a room on the road side to avoid the noise.The food was very nice and different each night.The restaurant is kept clean and the staff work really hard.The hotel room is cleaned every morning and always smells nice.The pool area is well looked after and we spent alot of time at the pool which my daughter loved.There are shops,restaurants near by and the beach is only about 10min walk away.I dont understand how some people find fault with this hotel,as we stayed here for 10 days and were very happy and cant fault anything.I would reccomend San Fermin and we would return to this hotel again.We had a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: Our room number was 432 and we had a lovely view of the pool side and beach in the far distance.We h...
2  Thank Heidi R
Reviewed 24 June 2012

if you want good food and peace and quiet dont go to this hotel this was my fourth time there and it has gone down hill will not go again

1  Thank gill1947
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Me and my Wife got back on the 19th of June and although the hotel its self was ok if not a little tired and the food was ok .I must warn you this hotel lets large groups of Spainish children stay run around un supervised causing problems to other guests , and the entertainment is more based on the Spainish .The guys on reception were not at all helpful on anything we asked even borderline rude and we was not the only ones who felt this .One couple mentioned how all the many children were causing problems and from that day they felt singled out every time they walked past reception to rudeness .Cheap yes food ok yes location yes but at what price never again do not want too stay at a hotel were the police had to be called at one point on the saturday nite

1  Thank mark p
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Air conditioned room & bathroom was well maintained and clean, no problems with noise during the night. Views of the sea from all our rooms.

Buffet style service provided themed meals. I am a fussy eater & always found something to eat.

Pool was older style & therefore not so suited to v. young children wishing to play, however I am a keen swimmer so enjoyed the rectangular shape and depth of the main pool which allowed me to swim lapses. A shallower kids pool is also available. Sun loungers were €2 each and in early June we always managed to get a sunshade. I was also very happily suprised that I could get the hotels free wifi (offered in the bar area) in most of the outside area allowing me to make all my friends and family very jealous whilst soaking up the sun

Entrainment during the day Wed-Sun. Brain the entrainment coordinator was very enthusiastic and helpful offering table tennis, water polo, archery, board games, darts, football, air hockey and air riffle tournaments that both the young and adults could participate in. We won many a voucher for a free drink during our stay.

Evening enterainment, I think was every night. We went out most evenings but stayed to enjoy the flamenco dancing (I got pulled up on stage to have a go) & on another evening some adult style party games.

During our stay in early June the hotel was heavily populated by Spanish OAPs (who were very friendly) and very few childen (which suited me as a young adult fine).

Beach was a short walk down a fairly steep hill which may be an issue for the very unfit or the less able. On the front was the usual resteaunts, bars and shops. Walking along the front you will come to the marina which was very beautiful. We preferred to go further up the hill from the hotel were we found some nice bars, eateries and shops.

My party caught the train to and from the airport in Malaga which was under €2 and took 18min (train every 15min), from train it's about 20min walk to the hotel or a €8 taxis.

Our party thurally enjoyed our holiday with plenty to see and do for a week and good transport for the no sun worshipping of our group and the option of the beach or the pool for sun lovers.

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank travellor1987
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed here over the Jubilee/Spring bank holiday week -June4th-11th. We took the train from Malaga airport at 1.85 euros each, but it is then a 15-20 min down hill walk to the hotel. We got a taxi back up to the train station at the end of our stay,and was charged 8 euros. The reception staff were always helpful, and kindly put us altogether in 3 rooms on the 5th floor.The rooms were very clean and air conditioned, and towels changed daily, the only gripe were the beds, although new and firm, they squeaked at every movement.We found no problems with the ample self service breakfast, all meals are buffet style self service, and some evenings are themed such as Chinese, which might not be to everyones taste, but there is always salads,burgers and sausages available. We were even given lunch on our last day as we had arrived too late on the first night for dinner.The swimming pool was a good size and deep which was much appreciated by my family of serious club swimmers, who could get some training laps in. There was also a small kids pool. Brian the entertainment manager was great,he provided activities for all age groups, and learnt everyones name very quickly, while we were there it was mostly adults, and we had the opportunity to try Archery,Riffle shooting,Shuffleboard and darts, he also organised football and water polo.There was also entertainment everynight in the hotel, of which the Flammenco dancing was probably the only one not to miss.A short walk away you will find a good bus services, get the one to the old town Pueblo for 1.40e to spend a couple of hours, or walk to the marina for a great choice of ice creams and some people watching.This hotel was good value for money and all of us, 5 adults aged 25-58 had a great sunny break.Thank you to all at San Fermin.

Room Tip: 503,504 nice rooms with distance sea view, but car park below. 535 had a distance sea view and sid...
1  Thank tierneydphs
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We stayed at the San Ferman for a week. The hotel is centrally located for all areas (Carrawaya, Paloma park ,beach) and a 15 minute walk from the station. It is also close to bars in Ibensa and Bonanza square. There is a very cheap Chinese restaurant Xiang just a short walk up the hill which does a cheap menu for three courses at 4.50 Euros which is excellent and plentiful. I found the hotel clean as were the pool and gardens. There appeared to be plenty of things to do for all ages. We were bed and breakfast which I thought was excellent with a good variety of foods and cereals. I didn't use the pool but was surprised at the cost to hire sun loungers at 2 Euros would be expensive if you had a family/group of four people for a weeks holiday. I also believe the price to rent the room safe was exorbitant at 2,50 Euros per day again another added expense.
The week cost us £201 in total book online

Room Tip: We stayed in 532 which overlooked the pool and gardens and also had a sea view
4  Thank Renno2355