“totally honest review I promise”
Review of Hotel San Fermin

Hotel San Fermin
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Just returned from this hotel after booking a 10 night half board stay and I guess the very best thing I could say is you get what you pay for. This is a very honest review and hope that if your from UK and not booked yet you seriously think about what you want before you click to save £50 because its not worth the savings. Rooms are clean and very basic. make sure you keep something on feet however as maids do not clean the floors. We ate there for first couple days to give them a fair chance but ended up eating out Breakfast is okay i you just want buns and fruit the cooked breakfast is cheapest of cheap and I personally do not think mini hotdog sausages are breakfast food. Dinners are AWFUL and honestly when i read these reviews I always say someone always complains but if you like grilled fish and sardines you will love food. Puddings are Water melon and pineapple and Jelly every night. They entertainment is all Spanish it takes them all their time to announce things in English even the piped music at pool is Spanish. Sun beds are 2 euros which in essence is a good idea as it stops people reserving beds etc but when it reaches 4 in afternoon the price should be reduced. I would say to anyone who is looking for a cheap holiday this hotel at top of hill works out great when booking it but the extra money you end up spending eating out makes it more expensive If you have not booked have a look at the Bali hotel it is right next door and 100 times better so if its not to much more I would STRONGLY advise you book the BALI. This hotel is no good for British Families if your old and Spanish its great. Not one British person at this hotel enjoyed their time their aND ALL SAID THEY WOULD NOT RETURN AND ALL SAID I SUPPOSE YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR WHICH JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW BAD IT WAS

Room Tip: email before you go and ask for room with sea view room 661-665 have great views
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Very good hotel for price, good food,excelent environment, 5minuts till beach,excelent animators
,party every days on hotel.

All people can enjoy the activities as well a fantastic team of animators!!

I recomend this hotel for everyone as well as in work or holidays!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Pedro A
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Wasn't expecting the Hilton and on arrival the exterior looked a bit dated, but reception is clean and well kept, reception staff were friendly and helpful whenever enquiring with them. Room was ok, yes i'd agree with everyone else the beds creak and weren't the most comfortable but it was only here for a week. Bathroom was good standard and looked more modern than rest of room, cleaning service was very good, staff came in everyday and all parts of the hotel are cleaned continously. The pool area and gardens are also well maintained. Food was good with plenty of choice, my only grievance at meal times are the 'floor walkers' as soon as your plate is empty they are there to clear the table, however you can go back for more and extra cutlery is available.
Overall I enjoyed the place and wouldn't hesitate to return. There are also some good bars a short walk away, and the beach is close by and clean.

Room Tip: we were at the back of the hotel overlooking the pool, the sun is on the balcony throughout the afte...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Came as a young couple and we had requested one double bed, found two camp beds pushed together in a small room! Beds were squeaky at the slightest move! Air con worked well and view from balcony was nice! Pool area was lovely but don't think the water was cleaned too often! Breakfast was typical Spanish buffet, chose some mornings to get up late and way close by! Location is great, very close to the marina and beach!! The hill is abit tough but to be honest benalmadena is a very hilly place! Hotel activities are focused on Spanish people, not really a lot of Irish/English! Staff were friendly

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Mir23_13
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Okay so I wasn't expecting absolutely amazing for the price I paid - but I loved this hotel.

I actually went for a week on my own to recoup and this little haven was my saviour.

Ignore the bits of shabby interior and yes it's a bit dated but overall it's a great hotel especially as only 3star.

I didn't like my first room (no view) so I asked to be changed and I got an amazing room (ask for high floor) the reception staff were surly and got agitated but just take it with a pinch of salt - they are lovely and friendly deep down.

Food absolutely fine, rooms spacious and clean. Yes on a hill but was nice bit of exercise - not suitable for old or disabled.

Definitely get a mojito from the bar!!! Lovely little cafe at bottom of hill on your left - can't remember the name something WHeel - but lovely couple run it.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Don't go here! After a week at Hotel San Fermin, I can honestly say, I will never return and don't recommend it to others.
Our holiday was brilliant, but it was nothing to do with this hotel. I have never had a disappointing hotel but this was the first. It is definiely not value for money. Uncomfortable beds, extremely tiny rooms and a noisy pool area were just some of the bad points in this hotel. My boyfriend and I only used it to sleep as we couldn't stand to stay in it during the day! It was shabby looking inside and out and in my opinion, not suitable for young couples or families who want to relax in a high standard facility.
Don't waste your time!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dining1
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Just returned from the San Fermin BENALMADENA.
The Hotel is very much for the Spanish,but I must say we where looked after extraordinary well. We where given a nice room with balcolny overlooking the sea and the countryside in the distance rather small but everything we needed,and CLEAN. there is a nice large pool and a large grassed aerea for sun bathing,(sun beds 2 euro per day) ,music was played most of the time and sometimes a little loud.Food ,I like food and here it was very good,mostly all spanish and I enjoyed it,my wife was not too keen.The staff in general where exceptionable and went out of their way for us,except for the staff on the reception!!.The hotel stands at the top of a hill and its hard going in the hot sun. Its only 10 min. to beech ( a little longer comming back)

Room Tip: Have a room in the high part of the hotel with balcony
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple