Hotel San Fermin
Hotel Best Siroco(Benalmadena)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Royal Oasis Club(Costa del Sol)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewssteep hillhalf boardpool arealarge poolvery clean hotelbar pricesbed and breakfastrooms are basicmobility problemsenjoyable staywalking difficultieshotel is situatedpaellacleaned dailymost nightslots of choicefood was lovely
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have just returned from a 5 night stay at The San Fermin in Benalmadena. I go on holiday every October for 5 nights with my friends and this was our second visit to this fabulous hotel. We had a late flight and didn't get to the hotel until 21.55 and as we were checking in the gentleman at reception was ushering us into the dining room for dinner as there was only 3 minutes until the restaurant closed at 22.00!! I have never known any hotel to do this before....what a start to a fab holiday.

The reception couldn't do enough for you and as we hadn't paid a lot for the hotel we couldn't believe that they wanted to do everything for you. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. The staff in the restaurant were fantastic and the food was of a big variety so there was always something for the 5 of us, the rooms were cleaned, clean towels and bed's made every day.

We had stayed at The San Fermin only 2 years ago, and we were more than happy to go back there. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Needless to say, us girls are thinking of returning there next October.

Muchas Gracias Hotel San Fermin. We'll be back!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank gailswansea
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The San Fermin is by no means a 5 star hotel but its great! The decor is fine in reception and dining room but the bedrooms and bathrooms are just what you'd expect for what you pay. Very basic but very clean with clean towels and bedding but with no fuss.. Our 5 star tribute is to the staff in the dining room They are excellent!!!! On reading reviews from other hotels the staff in this dining room should have a medal! Very friendly and welcoming. The food is good and varied and nobody could really complain unless they were so picky it wasnt true! You are made to feel welcome in the dining room each morning and evening and there is lots of choice food wise.
The hotel caters for many French and Spanish people which is a joy.
If you are in Europe, then mix with the Europeans. There are plenty English people but who wants to stay at home?? Try and mix and enjoy the food and friendly atmosphere. Its our second year and we'll go again next year. The hotel is up the hill so be prepared to walk after being on the beach all day but its good exercise and you can go straight in the bar when you get back and relax for happy hour. Evening entertainent, well ok, as usual for beach hotels, but if you are that way inclined theres plenty English bars with quiz nights etc!!!!
We enjoyed dancing away with the Europeans! Couldn't do that in England!
Pool lovely. We found the English were the people who put towels on sunbeds and parasols early morning!! But theres plenty of room in the gardens by the pool and plenty of beds.
All in all, a brilliant hotel and excellent value for money. We'll be back next year.
Many thanks, San Fermin.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view otherwise you get car park view!
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a few nights (w/c 16/09/2013) and had an enjoyable stay. Very good for a 3 star, clean and the rooms were nicely furbished. Food served at the hotel was to a decent standard and facilities were very good and included courtesy showers and baggage storage on our last day.

One downside was that the mattress in my bed was awful. Usually I'm not too bothered by this kind of thing but it was really squeaky and when I rolled over in the night it would usually wake up myself or my girlfriend.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Food very good ,cleaners came everyday ,The only fault was I did request a lower quite room how ever we were put on the 4 floor overlooking the Balli hotel which started there children's entertainment at 20.00 it was extremely loud and this went on all evening, so we always had to go out and stay out until this had finish there was only so much head shoulders knees and toes I could listen to. If I was to ever go back to this hotel I would always ensure that I got a pool view room

Room Tip: Always request a pool side view they always get the sun after 11.00 until late and they are a lot quiter
1  Thank kathd1945
Reviewed 22 September 2013

my partner and i spent 10 nights at the san fermin and it was very good,you get what you pay for but i found it really good value for money,the room was a typical hotel room 2 beds pushed together,bathroom clean,room clean,towells changed when ever you want,food and restaurant was very good,plenty of different dishes every night.all in all a very good value for money hotel.
lets not forget you dont live in the room 24/7.one small gripe was you pay for the sun beds 2e a day. and the heart attack hill no problem after 10 pints lol...if you go to belamadena go to reubens to change your sterling you get the best rate there.if you go to gibralter get the express coach or otherwise the local bog standard bus takes about 4 hrs.expect to pay about 15e pp.all in all a good holiday at the san fermin........grrrrrrrrr back to work monday.

Room Tip: get the pool view ,you get the sun on the balcony late afternoon
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family