We have just returned from a fantastic 4 night short break at the Torrequebrada.
We were checked in very quickly and easily and directed to the lift to get us to our room on the 9th floor of the Mabella Tower and told the porter would be up shortly with our luggage - The room was spacious and spotlessly clean and was kept so throughout our stay ; the beds were two large singles The bathroom was also spacious with double sinks and a separate loo and bidet with a sliding door, the very large bath towels were good quality but the hand towels could have been a bit bigger so as they could be used for your hair , toiletries were of good quality and replenished each day ; as others have stated before the shower was not powerful enough especially for someone with very long hair and the temperature of the water went from warm to scalding all on its own .A Hair dryer was also provided but not very powerfull and there is a make up mirror .
The Mini bar was reasonably priced but did not know this until check out as there was no price list in the room .
We had a large balcony furnished with table and two chairs with a fantastic view of the sea ,mountains and Fuengirola and part of the N340 coast road which made fantastic viewing watching all the mad drivers ,the room had two sets of patio doors one set double glazed which kept out all of the noise ,there were black out curtains which kept the room very dark . ir conditioning was ample for this time of year but not sure if it would be powerful enough in the high season .
We didn´t eat in the hotel but found a Spanish and Italian restaurant immediately across the road from the hotel and also a great fish restaurant La Cala Grill overlooking the sea along with a cocktail bar and supermarket.
We had Breakfast in the Pavillion Restaurant there was a fantastic selection of hot and cold dishes, excellent selection of Fruit Juices plus Cava for that special treat. We had no problem with the service or staff.
The Poolside Bar was not open during our stay as I think it closed at the end of September which was a shame as it was still very hot but you could get drinks from the Pavillion restaurant and this included waiter service to you at the pool ,it was a shame you could not get ice creams or crisps etc ,the only bar open was the piano bar .
On booking in you are given vouchers to present to a man at the pool for beach towels .
There is a luggage room at reception and check out is 12 pm or pay extra for 2pm check out, Taxis are plentiful outside the hotel,as we were not leaving until 5pm we used the changing rooms in the Gym to get changed ,there is also a hairdryer provided in there.
I would have liked to be given a map of the layout of the hotel as it is vast and on one ocaission we got in the wrong lift and went up to the Malaga tower which gave us a great laugh when we could not find our room number as in this block they were all even numbers as in the Marbella block they were all odd numbers .
All in all we had a fantastic time and would not hesitate to return at this time of year while there are no crowds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your best bet for Leisure and Business Ideally located on the beach-front of Benalmadena Costa, and with a sophisticated atmosphere, Hotel Torrequebrada is your best bet for both Leisure and Business. It offers a wide gastronomical variety of delicious food, peace and tranquility in its extensive gardens, Shows in the Sala Fortuna, fun and entertainment in the Casino, spacious, fully equipped conference rooms, activities and entertainment during the summer months and Wellness area for relaxation. All of this together with a relaxed atmosphere on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea and only 30 minutes from Marbella and Malaga, right in the heart of the Costa del Sol. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your THB Torrequebrada Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torrequebrada Hotel Benalmadena
- Hotel Torrequebrada
- THB Torrequebrada Hotel Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol