Our party of 4 adults recently stayed at the Torrequebrada Hotel. We stay in 5 star hotels all over the world and have never ever stayed in such a poor one. This hotel is not worthy of a 5 star rating. The staff are not friendly even when you are polite to them and try to build up a rapport. Everything seems to be too much trouble. They also 'appear' not to understand simple requests which I find hard to believe. On one occasion when we sat in the Pavillion for lunch the service was so poor we actually went into the restaurant and served ourselved to ice-cream. You would think this would be a simple task but it took over 1 hour for the order to be delivered to the table and then it was incorrect. There was no waiter/waitress service around the pool (a huge opportunity to make money that is being missed). You had to walk to the bar and then invariably there was no-one to be found to serve you. When we asked if there were any crisps/nibbles to go with the drinks we were offered Pringles that were in fact old (dated Sept 09), we had to rummage through the pile to find ones still in date - Sept 10. The sun beds were tatty and a number of them broken. You were only allowed one beach towel each and they didn't cover the stained lounger covers. The bedroom carpet had marks all over it, the door wouldn't lock and the maintenance guy came to start working on it at 11.00 pm (not something our neighbours would have appreciated). There was no phone in the bathroom, mould around the bath, a shower that either burnt you or asisted in suffering hypothermia. When we requested an iron it was all black and burnt on the plate and we were told it was the only iron the hotel had. After complaining miracously another iron appeared. The ironing board had no cover whatsover, just a frame if you were lucky, on other occasion you were just given a bath towel to iron on the floor. For the first week of our holiday the A La Carte restaurant was closed (no reason given). The alternative was a very poor buffet which we declined. This hotel may have been something to be proud of many years ago but it is in great need of refurbishment and the staff need to undergo training. At the end of the day if it were not for tourists they wouldn't be in a job. Having spoken to many restaurant owners in the area they gave the impression that it was looking to be sold off. They had more positive feedback from guests staying in nearby 4 star hotels. Having seen the turn down service on request, this is something we were not told about and expect as part and parcel of a 5 star. Not something to have to ask for.
All in all we made the most of it by visiting many places, Seville, Granada, Cordoba, Puerto Banus and Mijas. The most friendly and welcoming place was Mijas. Well Done Mijas. I hope this helps fellow travellers who know what to expect from a 5 Star!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your best bet for Leisure and Business Ideally located on the beach-front of Benalmadena Costa, and with a sophisticated atmosphere, Hotel Torrequebrada is your best bet for both Leisure and Business. It offers a wide gastronomical variety of delicious food, peace and tranquility in its extensive gardens, Shows in the Sala Fortuna, fun and entertainment in the Casino, spacious, fully equipped conference rooms, activities and entertainment during the summer months and Wellness area for relaxation. All of this together with a relaxed atmosphere on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea and only 30 minutes from Marbella and Malaga, right in the heart of the Costa del Sol. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your THB Torrequebrada Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torrequebrada Hotel Benalmadena
- Hotel Torrequebrada
- THB Torrequebrada Hotel Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol