We booked this hotel because we were going to see a show there. This was cancelled during the week before (Nothing to do with the hotel) as we had paid for flights etc we thought we would go anyway. We arrived in a taxi (which we had pre booked and paid for with Economy transfers, good service) usually at a 5* hotel you would expect a porter to come out and meet you with a trolley but no sign of life here! We made our way into the reception area which seemed gloomy after the bright sun outside so we could not see where anything was. Eventually we spotted a lone receptionist chatting to the porter with their backs to us, sure they must have heard us come in!. We were pleased our rooms,( there were 3 of us) so two rooms were both ready even though only mid day and that as requested they were close together so that was a good start. Once our eyes adjusted we noticed the area was quite smart with lots of sofa's and water feature. At last the porter took our cases on his trolley and took us quite a walk to the lifts the hotel was quite deserted everywhere but as it was early October we didn't take much notice of that. On arriving at our room we found it to be a twin and had specifically asked for a double. It was dealt with well, the porter rang reception immediately and asked me to speak to the receptionist. I expalined about the beds. She asked if we would like to move just along the corrider to 528 (we were in 508) so not far. The porter took us there straight away and let us in with his pass key. He then took our old room keys and papers and had them changed at reception and brought back. We thought this was good service as many hotels we have stayed at you would have been left to go down and sort it yourself. In that way they scored a hit with us. The room was quite large and very clean with a decent size baclcony part road view but also part sea so quite nice. Bathroom also well cleaned with toilet and bidet behind glass sliding door for little privacy which we liked. The towels were white but for a 5* were old and scratchy nothing thick or fluffy about them, sort of scratched you dry.! The air con was fairly good and for a change reasonably quiet when running. We did not touch the mini bar but the prices were not too bad as mini bars go. There was no kettle or tea stuff. You are given a laminated card for a pool towel at the hut by the pool you can change your towel for a dry one as many times as you want but only get 1 at a time so take a few of your own as the one does not cover more than half the sunbed and its not very nice stuff to lay on. You have to guard this card with your life, if you do not hand it in when you leave they charge 15 euros!! Pools were lovely and clean. 2 with a sort of flowing water feature seperating them and also an indoor pool that had the side all open so sort of outdoor but with a roof!!! Cafe bit limited for snacks but not bad. Service very slow they do not seem to have many staff so they all seem to do everything. Beds were very comfy and sleep was good. Breakfast room is big, well laid out with the usual sort of delights but again we thought more 3-4 * for the selection and quality of the food. Clean though and tables relaid quickly so you could sit where you wanted rather than looking about for a clean table. There is a casino at the hotel which has very pretty entrance at night, well lit. Quite a walk from the hotel down a fairly steep curving road to get to the prom which is on different levels. We had not been to this area before and were surprised how spread out and hilly it was. There seems a fairly good bus service although as only here for 2 nights we did not go anywhere on the bus. We did do the walk to the Marina which is quite a long way but is very nice when you get there. A little road train runs from there which we got on 4euros for a return trip about 45 mins so quite cheap. there is also a red double deck tour bus of the hop on hop off variety which we would have used if more time. Back to the hotel, it is not a bad hotel and has many good features but it rather badly needs refurbishing in the rooms, especially the furniture which is certainly not 5*. if this was done it could be a very nice place to stay . Otherwise think of it as a good 3-4 star and you won't be dissapointed. Hope this is helpful to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your best bet for Leisure and Business Ideally located on the beach-front of Benalmadena Costa, and with a sophisticated atmosphere, Hotel Torrequebrada is your best bet for both Leisure and Business. It offers a wide gastronomical variety of delicious food, peace and tranquility in its extensive gardens, Shows in the Sala Fortuna, fun and entertainment in the Casino, spacious, fully equipped conference rooms, activities and entertainment during the summer months and Wellness area for relaxation. All of this together with a relaxed atmosphere on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea and only 30 minutes from Marbella and Malaga, right in the heart of the Costa del Sol. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Estival Torrequebrada Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torrequebrada Hotel Benalmadena
- Hotel Torrequebrada
- Estival Torrequebrada Hotel Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol